ADVERTISEMENT

What song(s) annoy you the most?

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
I work third shift in radio, and there's good annoying and bad annoying songs you catch yourself singing. You have to ask yourself why you can't get a song out of your head. Everyone will have atleast one I'll start with 3
1.taylor swift-blank space( I can't get that damn song out of my head it literally plays 90 times a day on all formats.
2.megan trainor- I like that base(or whatever it is, it needs to be blown up, especially the damn commerical on tv)
3.gnr- November rain- good annoying but annoying. Everytime I hear that song it takes me back to the days at the roller rink and of course mullets are included.

Please add to the list of your annoying songs

"Ebony and Ivory" is so annoyingly smarmy that I want to kick my radio through the dashboard. "Groovy kind of Love" is a close 2nd.

Agree with Taylor Swift. In one song she sings"me-ee-ee-ee". It's like she couldnt rhyme me with anything so she just put a bunch of ee's on it. Sounds like it was written by a second grader.

Cool Kids - by some 20 year old hipsters. The chorus gets repeated about 7 times and the words 'Cool Kids' are spoken 27 times.

The annoying thing about Taylor Swift is that you an be bopping along, driving down the road, and next thing you know you're halfway into one of her songs ... Luckily, SiriusXM will show the song coming up a few seconds before it starts so you can pre-emptively turn that shit off. I am a prisoner to her in the truck, though.

Blank space is the only song I like of hers. Well only song I can stand.

The Joker by The Steve a Miller Band. Total crap, horrible lyrics. Can't believe that song is still being played today.

Hmmm... I don't know about that one...

have you tried listening to it while driving, cranking it up and singing it loudly and cheesy-style, to annoy the rest of your family?

Whole 'nother level.

QZkt0yE.gif

Good call Jason. I cant say that I have actually heard a full Beiber or Miley song. Unfortunately I have listened to a Megan Trainor song. I dont know who Sam Smith is.

Sam Smith can sang (<-- not a typo). His songs are just terrible and whiny. Hopefully someone will fix him.
I saw the line up for the Forecastle festival and my first thought was that I wished he sang something I could stand to listen to. I saw video of him in concert and the voice is great but the songs still suck.

This is true. I wish the ladies had a better gay representative than Melissa Etheridge. Eww. I Wanna Come Over ... uh, no thanks.

"Mickey" performed by Toni Basil in the 1980's. Who would believe that this P.O.S. made it to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It should only be used to interrogate Gitmo detainees and the like.
hey_mickey_gif.gif

"Mickey" performed by Toni Basil in the 1980's. Who would believe that this P.O.S. made it to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It should only be used to interrogate Gitmo detainees and the like.
hey_mickey_gif.gif
Agreed...that was terrible.

hey_mickey_gif.gif

Not many people realize that she's actually singing about an Irish Lesbian named "Mickey".

The gays have been duping us for years.

"Never Going to Give You Up" - by Rick Astley. This actually covers all his crappy songs since they all sound the same. Clown had 5 top 10 hits in the 80's and 90's.

rick-roll-o.gif

Last edited:
There's so many. Generic female pop songs and hokey country songs about beer and redneck trash really drive me buts. But there's two songs that make my effing ears bleed. If terrorists wanted to torture me to give up secrets, they'd just have to play these two songs on a loop.

"My Heart Will Go On" EFF Celine Dion (If any of you were still in school when this movie/song came out, you understand how this awful song was constantly played.

And Europe's "Final Countdown" ...EFF!

Last edited:
There's so many. Generic female pop songs and hockey country songs about beer and redneck trash really drive me buts. But there's two songs that make my effing ears bleed. If terrorists wanted to torture me to give up secrets, they'd just have to play these two songs on a loop.

"My Heart Will Go On" EFF Celine Dion (If any of you were still in school when this movie/song came out, you understand how this awful song was constantly played.

And Europe's "Final Countdown" ...EFF!
Anything by Nickelback
lol @ nickelback so true. I've had people tell me they are annoyed by thin lizzy- the boys are back in town.
With queen its commical, they have the ultimate sports charge songs in we will rock you, and we are the chapions and then you see Freddy singing on stage and you have to ask yourself, do I really want to get behind this guy lol? I would like to contribute all things lady gaga as well. Heres a couple more classics.
1. Omc-how bizarre
2. Lou vega- mambo number 5
3. Chumbawamba-tub thumping, you know the song; praying the gay away, pissing the night away, I get knocked down but I get up again, blah blah blah!

Something about the whole last name astley just sounds bad. To top it off, you have his douchebag video playing along with it. Someone mentioned another genre in country. Basically anything cliche Craig Morgan especially redneck yacht club and a little bit of life, fla/ga line-this is how we roll, which was even worse with nelly selling out again, as if the first failure with him and Tim McGraw wasn't bad enough. Cisco-thong song(I detest this awful attempt at calling this music its that bad)

Last edited:
If you have that much ire for Rick Astley, then you obviously weren't alive during the 80s to see the cheese that was on the radio and MTV most of the time.

Something about the whole last name astley just sounds bad. To top it off, you have his douchebag video playing along with[/Q
If you have that much ire for Rick Astley, then you obviously weren't alive during the 80s to see the cheese that was on the radio and MTV most of the time.
lol I was born in 81 but never got to have the total Rick astley experience. I seem to be making up for lost time with people that post links that include "rick rolled" lol.

Hotel California
Cheeseburger in Paradise

Any current rap
Anything by Rush, Journey, Foreigner

Hotel California
Cheeseburger in Paradise

Any current rap
Anything by Rush, Journey, Foreigner
You are correct about rap my man. Eminem is the only one today I like. It's changed so much in the last ten years. The days of tupac and biggie were the best days rap will ever see. IMO anyway, and I've tried to listen to it but it's ripoffs and garbage being put out.

Sweet Home Alabama. I can usually change the channel by the 4th note.

This. Pretty much anything from LS, can't stand them. Also might add Def Leppard, they suck as well.

Margaritaville, Old Time RocknRoll(Love Seger, though), American Pie

Not a fan of pop music after 1977. That's about the time disco became popular. There are several songs that fit in to the category of being just plain terrible, but the two that come to mind are:

1. Eurythmics: "Like Lovers Do" I can just envision two women getting it on; A close second is...
2. "Sweet dreams" by the same group. It may be because the singer sounds more like a man than many male singers;
2. "Torn between two lovers" Not sure who sang that song but I always thought of how I'd handle the situation if my woman sang such a song to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT