ADVERTISEMENT

What one piece would you add to next year's team?

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
I am thinking a "garbage man", as they used to be referred to in an endearing way. Someone who gets a lot of rebounds around the hoop and is very good at putting them back in.

Maybe that guy is already on the roster? Lee? Poy?

One more guy to play in the post. I feel like our guards and wings are set. Until Wynyard is eligible or Willis improves down low, we are not very deep at the 4 and 5 spot. Need to avoid foul trouble.

I am thinking a "garbage man", as they used to be referred to in an endearing way. Someone who gets a lot of rebounds around the hoop and is very good at putting them back in.

Maybe that guy is already on the roster? Lee? Poy?

Maybe he comes in December though.

I would like to have Wynyard coming in at August so we would have him for a whole year.

I think he comes in December, but I am afraid he will have a lot of catching up to do, so I am not sure how effective he will be for us.

Hopefully he can give us 7-8 minutes of defense when we have foul trouble. We really don't need any more than that, IMHO.

But having him with the team first semester would really solidify this team.

For me I'd be either Jaylen Brown or Zimmerman. Zimmerman and Skal would be the most dominate frontcourt ever and with Jaylen Brown we'd be more balanced. We're the best team in the country now, but one of those guys would have made us that much better.

For me I'd be either Jaylen Brown or Zimmerman. Zimmerman and Skal would be the most dominate frontcourt ever and with Jaylen Brown we'd be more balanced. We're the best team in the country now, but one of those guys would have made us that much better.

:popcorn:

It is not a giant piece, not another Davis or Cousins, or Wall.
The piece I would add is Liggins or Miller. A 6'6-6'8 guy who can play some good DEF when you needed it, but otherwise doesn't demand the minutes.
There will be times next year where we have trouble defending a good SF (Murray,Briscoe,Mulder,Matthews) are too small, and Poythress & his knee aren't quick enough.

Back in the mid-1950s, I had my first communion party with the daughter of the guy who'd been my father's Best Man. He (the Best Man) took 3D slide photographs of the event. They were great. Brilliant color better than Technicolor. The images were printed on glass slides and viewed with an old fashioned stereoscope. For this team, I'd add one of those cameras (and viewscopes) so that years from now they could view this fantastic year they're about to have in brilliant color and in 3D!

No, just no.

Come on now Johnnyboy. Let's do a little bit of front court education. I will stick with UK only:

These duos are better than Skal and Zimmerman:

Davis and Jones
Cousins and Patterson
Bowie and Turpin
Robey and Phillips

Hell, I don't think I would trade KAT and WCS for those two.

I am sure there are many more and that is just here at UK.

It is not a giant piece, not another Davis or Cousins, or Wall.
The piece I would add is Liggins or Miller. A 6'6-6'8 guy who can play some good DEF when you needed it, but otherwise doesn't demand the minutes.
There will be times next year where we have trouble defending a good SF (Murray,Briscoe,Mulder,Matthews) are too small, and Poythress & his knee aren't quick enough.
Maker would have get us another championship with current lineup. too bad he sits. IMO not much but feel one more major reb shot blocker would get us over, even if Johnson would have stayed, that would have been money, think Cal tried to get him to stay but Johnson will find a home in NBA because he's not lazy and plays hard.

Zimmerman and Skal would be the most dominate frontcourt ever

Whoaaaaaa.

Were you hammered when you posted this?

That wouldn't be the best Kentucky front-court in the last 2 seasons (WCS and KAT FAR better), much less Patterson/Cousins, Davis/Jones, etc.

A bulkier, strong, hard nosed C to soak up fouls and be an enforcer. Wynyard will work quite well, and I hope to see him in December.

One big man in the middle to give other guys a break or help in case of foul/injury situations. Just a guy to take up some space, pull down rebounds and make the occasional putback. Doesn't need to be a big time scorer as I feel we'll pretty well set in that area with what we have.

Whoaaaaaa.

Were you hammered when you posted this?

That wouldn't be the best Kentucky front-court in the last 2 seasons (WCS and KAT FAR better), much less Patterson/Cousins, Davis/Jones, etc.

Dude I don't mean literally lol. It would just be awesome.

Come on now Johnnyboy. Let's do a little bit of front court education. I will stick with UK only:

These duos are better than Skal and Zimmerman:

Davis and Jones
Cousins and Patterson
Bowie and Turpin
Robey and Phillips

Hell, I don't think I would trade KAT and WCS for those two.

I am sure there are many more and that is just here at UK.

LOL. Its just a saying man. you know when something would be awesome. I didn't mean it literally. It would have just been a good one.

Reactions: brianpoe
I know some of our fans are worried about foul trouble for our front court and it will happen at some point this coming season, but i think we will be fine with what we have. If we get into major foul trouble, we might be forced to play some small ball and i don't think that will be too bad of a thing. In December, this won't even be a problem. It's not like we're the only team that will be in trouble if we have to rely on our back up bigs. Most teams have this problem every single year.

ThroughBlue. How are you from Dale Hollow Lake? Did you grow up on a houseboat or something? LOL. I'm playing dude. But Dale Holler as I call it is in my territory too. Best Lake in the world dawg. I was just there this weekend. Go there a lot of weekends actually. Nothing like drinking cold ones on a boat lol. Don't ever go to Lake Cumberland. Its sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT