ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think about the idiot dentist that killed Cecil?

I don't have a problem with trophy killing as long as it's legal, but this guy (or the guides, whatever) basically stole a source of ecotourism from the general public due to the unique nature of this particular lion. If you go into Sequoia NP and chop down the world's tallest tree, could you be held liable for the lost tourism revenue?

It would be impressive for a person to chop down the world's tallest tree while in Sequoia NP, given that the world's tallest tree isn't located in Sequoia NP. [winking]

It would be impressive for a person to chop down the world's tallest tree while in Sequoia NP, given that the world's tallest tree isn't located in Sequoia NP. [winking]
Touché. General Sherman is still the largest tree, though [winking]

Reactions: ymmot31
I think Scar was a way bigger pos than this dude. Jmo.
Plain to see how he got his name
1978-16780.gif

Reactions: UKGrad93
This animal was protected and an iconic symbol of Zimbabwe that was frequently visited by tourists. This is almost like walking into a zoo with a shotgun and pointing it at the monkey cage and firing it. I personally think anyone that kills something for the hell of it like this ass-clown is psychotic, and should probably be banned from schools and movie theaters.

As soon as this coward surfaces he should be extradited to Zimbabwe where he should stand trial with the two criminal guides. Ultimately besides any other punishment he should pay reparations to the government of Zimbabwe.

2AEA01A200000578-3177611-Imagine_we_could_take_Dr_Palmer_s_head_and_skin_and_have_them_fr-m-42_1438106434865.jpg

Last edited:
1. How is it relevant whether or not you've heard of the lion before?

2. Humans are the cancer of the earth.

3. Guaranteed the dentist has a small penis.

What I think is funny is there is a huge uproar in the US, but in Zimbabwe or wherever it was, they're like who cares, we don't have clean water.

Reactions: Mashburned
What he did wasn't hunting. He baited the animal. Lured it out of the game reserve with raw meat, and then killed it I just don't consider that hunting. Plus I believe you eat what you kill. Instead he beheaded the lion, skinned him, and left his carcass to rot in the sun. So I don't consider him a hunter. I consider him an idiot with too much money and a huge ego.

That said, all the calls for him to be killed, go to jail, etc, are a little ridiculous. He broke no laws in the US as far as it is known unless he bribed an official to allow the hunt. If he broke laws in Africa, let them deal with it. My view is, if he is punished in the US, then don't allow him to get another hunting license and fine the hell out of him. All this craziness with posting his phone number, address, and etc., is over the top.

In all seriousness, it's sad and messed up but at the same time, why doesn't anyone bat an eye at abortion or the current scandal with Planned Parenthood?

Seems inconsistent.

These types of posts are literally the dumbest on the board. According to this, it is impossible to be upset about two things at once? How about babies starving in Africa? Can I not care about them if I care about a lion being illegally killed?

If this is the crux your argument, you are better off letting the adults talk.

Dentists have long been known as the ultimate predators. Unflinching when faced with danger and the greatest risk takers on the face of the earth.

Now, this guy, whatever law he broke the US should allow extradition. He's scum.

These types of posts are literally the dumbest on the board. According to this, it is impossible to be upset about two things at once? How about babies starving in Africa? Can I not care about them if I care about a lion being illegally killed?

If this is the crux your argument, you are better off letting the adults talk.

My goodness. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. This has made national news and so many casuals are upset at a lion being killed yet you do not see this reaction or outrage about abortion in the national media or by these same casuals.

It is not that hard to understand and the contradiction is obvious

What?

I'm pointing out how so many of the population are troubled by this but somehow are not near as upset about what Planned Parenthood does and EVERYONE is upset about police killings and sex trafficking. I don't know a ton of people who support those issues so I don't see how your post is relevant.

A lot of the population is troubled by Deflategate. Personally, I'm troubled by the consistent use of -gate after anything remotely contentious. But I don't bring it up in threads about dentists killing lions in Africa. Maybe you normally don't post about an unrelated issue in threads about dentists killing lions in Africa and this is merely a small sample size relic. Maybe with a statistically significant sample of threads about dentists killing lions in Africa you wouldn't repeat Marco Rubio tweets in them. I don't know that I can say with confidence that in all, most, or even many threads about dentists killing lions in Africa you will attempt to bring in other, unrelated topics. But I know that in 1 of 1 threads about dentists killing lions in Africa you brought in an unrelated topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT