ADVERTISEMENT

What are your Top 5 UK "Goose Bump" moments?

-Woods shot vs Duke '92
-Sparks shot vs Mich St
-Chuck Hayes and also Unforgettables on Senior Day.
-the entire UK/LSU game from 1990? UK wins at home vs Shaq/Chris Jackson
-any of the championship games
-Prince 5 3s
-Meeks 53
-all of Harrison's big 3s in '14 Tourney.

Actually just too many to name.

I must have been unclear that I'm a Duke fan.
And I'm confused on this NCAA thing. I cheer for whoever is playing the cats. Just like many on this board cheer for whoever is playing against Duke. Doesn't make them NCAA fans or whatever you're speaking of.
Or maybe, yes. I am an NCAA fan. I watch a ton of games. And even go to some.

Good God man, you're clear.

I just don't understand why someone thinks it's "cool" to root for the NCAA. Isn't that boring? Knowing the fix is always in? Knowing the path is always easiest? Knowing you aren't really earning much?

Why? Just pick a real team and stop rooting for an organization. It's like picking every team as your favorite.

The wurst Duke Moment: Losing to Lehigh.

I dunno where that school is located and I've been following NCAA division I ball since the 90s....

It's going to be entertaining seeing all of the nationwide bandwagon Duke fans fall off the wagon after K retires. Duke will be a good program, but not to the extent K has made them. Lots of the media flash will be gone with him as well.

It's going to be just like all the UNC hats of the 90's that you saw EVERYWHERE!!!!(Jordan) Now it's Dukes bandwagon, next who knows.

One thing is fore sure. Just pick a real team.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about. All 10 of those were horrible moments. Except I wasn't old enough to remember the '86 championship.

You missed one of the great moments in Duke history. Prior to the Finals, the Duke players were making the usual, privileged kid jokes about UL and the supposed low IQ of the players. Pervis Ellison, UL's freshman center, challenged the Duke players to compare SAT scores with him. None did. Their SAT scores must have suffered a little "shrinkage". If you know what I mean. (And I think you do.)

The shot Woods made near the end of the Duke game was not a three. He drove the lane and flipped the ball into the basket.

I'm amazed that no one listed the NBA draft after Calipari's first year at UK. He said it was the greatest night in the history of Kentucky basketball. The way most of you have your lips firmly attached to his fat butt, I thought for sure most of you would have agreed with that. I guess that means that you think, like me, that the program is more important than the players.

After he made that ignorant statement, I was wondering what Kentucky fans would say if they were asked about the greatest moments in UK basketball history. I didn't think 5 players being drafted in the first round would be on any list of top ten moments. It's good to know I was right.

It's going to be entertaining seeing all of the nationwide bandwagon Duke fans fall off the wagon after K retires. Duke will be a good program, but not to the extent K has made them. Lots of the media flash will be gone with him as well.

It's going to be just like all the UNC hats of the 90's that you saw EVERYWHERE!!!!(Jordan) Now it's Dukes bandwagon, next who knows.

One thing is fore sure. Just pick a real team.

I hope you're not suggesting that I haven't picked a team. And yes, I'll still be a Duke fan when Coach K retires.

I'll list five, IDK for sure if its the top five as there are so many to choose from.

- Sparks crazy three in the elite eight vs Michigan St
- Aarons heroics last year
- Liggins corner three to seal a trip to the final four ending the drought
- Knight's insane pull up jumper to beat OSU
- MKG's lob to AD in the final four vs Louisville where AD effortlessly one handed down

You missed one of the great moments in Duke history. Prior to the Finals, the Duke players were making the usual, privileged kid jokes about UL and the supposed low IQ of the players. Pervis Ellison, UL's freshman center, challenged the Duke players to compare SAT scores with him. None did. Their SAT scores must have suffered a little "shrinkage". If you know what I mean. (And I think you do.)

Yes, I've heard that story. How classless, those Dukies.

My first game at Rupp would have to top the list. I think it was against Ole Miss back in the Pitino era. Don't remember much about the game other than we won but I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning when I set foot in Rupp for the first time.

In no order.
1. James Lee's dunk against Duke sealing NCAA title.
2. UK comeback against Duke in 1998.
3. UK's entire run in NCAA tourney in 2014.
4. The last minute of UNC game in 2011 in which UK made the final four.
5. UK comeback against Arkansas in OT to win 1995 SEC tourney.

Lord have mercy! It's like you're reading my mind! Exceptional 5!

People forget #5, UK was down 9 in OT and came back to win in the Georgia Dome vs. the defending NCAA champion. We were in the nosebleed sections. It and all 5 were amazing moments!

The shot Woods made near the end of the Duke game was not a three. He drove the lane and flipped the ball into the basket.

I'm amazed that no one listed the NBA draft after Calipari's first year at UK. He said it was the greatest night in the history of Kentucky basketball. The way most of you have your lips firmly attached to his fat butt, I thought for sure most of you would have agreed with that. I guess that means that you think, like me, that the program is more important than the players.

After he made that ignorant statement, I was wondering what Kentucky fans would say if they were asked about the greatest moments in UK basketball history. I didn't think 5 players being drafted in the first round would be on any list of top ten moments. It's good to know I was right.
You are a clown. Even more so than this Puke fan posting his vomit on here.

1 The 70's come back against Kansa after being down by ten very late.
2 Sean htting the three to put UK up over Duke with 2.8 secs left,most down I have been about 3 seconds later.
3 Doron Lamb's jumper late against Kansas.
4 AD's block late against UNC.
5 75 against IU second game.

5. When Anthony Davis rejected Christian Laetner's shot putting UK into the Final, which they won in 1992.
4. When Derek Anderson came off the bench in OT to reject Miles Simon 3 times, steal the ball twice, get 2 dunks and 12 points as UK won the 2nd of 3 titles in a row in 97.
3. When Keven Grevey scored 44 points and the Cats beat UCLA in John Wooden's last game to win the championship in 1975.1.
2. When John Wall scored 50 against West Va to get to the title in 2010.
1. When Karl Townes cut down the Nets for our 12th National title in 2015.
latest

Last edited:
Lord have mercy! It's like you're reading my mind! Exceptional 5!

People forget #5, UK was down 9 in OT and came back to win in the Georgia Dome vs. the defending NCAA champion. We were in the nosebleed sections. It and all 5 were amazing moments!

Down 19 in regulation at one point. Best part was we came back against those idiots. Dwight Stewart giving Rhodes the choke sign before he missed those two free throws....karma.

The particular way in which Jeff Sheppard was drilling his 3 pointers in this game here - goose bumps, indeed. Definitely one of our finest final four games ever. A very under-discussed game in our program's history.

Had bought tickets from a scalper for this FF and by the time I got to my seat the Cats were already down 8-0. I was pissed and a bit worried I had wasted my money. But as we all know, things went pretty good that weekend.

In no particular order...
The moment Jodie Meeks broke Dan issel's alltime UK scoring record in Knoxville versus UTeee.
Derek Anderson coming off the bench to shoot two technical free throws in the RCA Dome in '97 FF. You just had to be there.
Introduction of Adolph Rupp during the first home game and grand opening of His House.
Unveiling of banners dedicated to The Unforgettables in the rafters at Rupp.
Happy Chandler singing "My Old Kentucky Home" on Senior Day at Rupp. So moving that it once brought NBC's Dick Emberg to tears while exclaiming "Oh my!"

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTruCatsFan
Doesn't give me goose bumps, but I never get tired of this. And Dick Stockton and Al were just great during this blitzkrieg.

"listen to them."

It takes a lot to give me goosebumps, but my top two are as follows:
1. Lucked into floor seats to the 2012 championship, my senior year at UK. No words to describe this.
2. Aaron's game-winner against Michigan in 2014. Was there surrounded by loud and obnoxious Michigan fans who didn't have much left to say after the buzzer.

ADVERTISEMENT