ADVERTISEMENT

What are your expectations for Terminator: Genisys ?

KingOfBBN

All-American
Sep 14, 2013

I think it could be a sleeper. I knew the last two weren't going to be that good but this has some potential.

Female lead feels forced... large vehicle doing a front flip just like in the other movies. Feels like Hollywood is just trying to cash in.. which I would give them the benefit of the doubt.. except Hollywood has been doing this for the last 5-10 years.

Doesn't look good for T5.

Thankfully, I really enjoyed Salvation. I thought it was a fresh "reboot".

Female lead feels forced... large vehicle doing a front flip just like in the other movies. Feels like Hollywood is just trying to cash in.. which I would give them the benefit of the doubt.. except Hollywood has been doing this for the last 5-10 years.

Doesn't look good for T5.

Thankfully, I really enjoyed Salvation. I thought it was a fresh "reboot".

Bale was awesome in that film but I knew with McG at the helm not to get too excited.

My favorite part of the film was Christian Bale having a meltdown on the boom mic guy and having it leaked to the public. You remember that?

Hahaha was that his epic meltdown? Personally, Hollywood is filth and are the worst human beings on the planet.. so it doesn't surprise me there was a meltdown as he makes $1,000 every minute he works.

I thought the visuals were pretty sweet in T4. Some good actors scattered throughout, plus a Michael Ironside as the "good guy but not really" general. Speaking of which, has he EVER been a complete good-guy? Starship Troopers I guess. And has anyone died more in films than Ironside?

see-you-at-the-party-richter-o.gif

So wait they are remaking Terminator I, II and III into to one new movie? Cause that what it looks like to me.

I don't want to set my expectations too high.

Regardless, they could make a movie with a bunch of Terminators just sitting around playing pinochle... and I'm still going to buy a ticket to see it on the big screen.

It's going to suck. I want it to be good. I am hoping it will be good. But secretly we all know it will suck.

There is a rule of thumb you can always count on with action stars... they will always decide to make a comedy because secretly they want to be comedians and then from that point forward all their action movies will suck. It happens to them all.

T4 was mindless fun. It wasn't that good but I was entertained. T3, however, was horrrrrible. To me, this seems like just a mindless fun summer movie. Just like Jurassic World will be.

T3 was pretty meh but the ending was fantastic. I think it was mostly because of the random dbag they got to play John Conner.

T3 was pretty meh but the ending was fantastic. I think it was mostly because of the random dbag they got to play John Conner.

images

I agree. The dbag that played JC in T2 was far less random. He had that dbag next door vibe going for him, which was great and really added to the movie. You just felt like you knew that dbag. Perfect casting.

I wanted to punch that kid in the face. Kinda still do, but as time has went by, not so much. The guy in T3 was terrible in that movie, but it wasn't b/c he was some random douche, turned out he couldn't act for shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT