ADVERTISEMENT

What 3 states has UK got its best players from over the years?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
I would think that Ky. & Illinois would pretty much have to be 2 of the top 3, agree or disagree. And what would the third state be?

During the Calipari era

Illinois - Anthoyn Davis enough said. Don't know if Cal has reeled in anymore IL players, but that's enough.
New Jersey - MKG, Towns
Texas - Randle, Harrisons
Alabama - Cousins, Bledsoe
Indiana - Lyles, Teague

The most obviouly Kentucky by a lot
Indiana 45
Ohio 30
Illlinois 25
NY 17
Georgia 16
I looked it up on Jon's site

Reactions: UKvisitor
The first 3 states that came to my mind were Georgia, Indiana and Illinois. The players from Indiana and Illinois are obvious, but for some reason I seem to like several of our players from Georgia. (Jodie, Fitch, Shep, Swoop, & Sky Walker)

Without looking anything up, Georgia also contributed Bill Spivey, Ed Beck, Eric Manuel, and Ryan Harrow

Jodie Meeks, Gerald Fitch.

I didn't mention Meeks or Fitch because they were previously mentioned by another poster. Was only mentioning some players not previously mentioned. I live in the town of Bonaire, Ga., where Bill Spivey was raised. He attended Warner Robins High School. Gerald Fitch was mentored and sponsored by my former cardiologist, Chuck Hawkins who was raised in the same town as Kenny Walker (Roberta, Ga.). Eric Manuel played at Southwest High School in Macon, about 20 miles from here. Ed Beck played on the 1958 UK team and is from Ft Valley, Ga., 14 miles away. Just threw in Ryan Harrow just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gakat3
The Buckeye State was very fertile turf for UK basketball back in the Rupp-Hall days. Since then, not so much.

Where would the state of California rank?

Chris Mills
LeRon Ellis
Chuck Hays
Tayshaun Prince
Marcus Lee

OK I had to look it up for myself. Last one was Chane Bahanan in 2011. Before that (ready for a blast from the past?) Scotty Hopson in 2008.
I thought we were talking about UK players. You can throw D'Angelo Russell in there too then.

Really? Well for Gods sake, can any kid live in Kentucky and stay in Kentucky if he's a good basketball player??
As a 5*? I'm not sure. Rondo even left the state for his senior year.

Darius Miller was 4 years in Kentucky, but was only a 4*. What about Brandon Bender? I can't remember if he was a 5*.

As a 5*? I'm not sure. Rondo even left the state for his senior year.

Darius Miller was 4 years in Kentucky, but was only a 4*. What about Brandon Bender? I can't remember if he was a 5*.
Good old Darius. He'll always be a 5* in my book. Brandon Bender; wow! Another blast from the past. He talked about going pro after his JUNIOR year in high school. I don't even remember if he ended up making the league at all.

Good old Darius. He'll always be a 5* in my book. Brandon Bender; wow! Another blast from the past. He talked about going pro after his JUNIOR year in high school. I don't even remember if he ended up making the league at all.
Bender? I think he played in Iraq or something like that. Now he's like a homeless man's WWW.

ADVERTISEMENT