ADVERTISEMENT

We'll be ranked 6 or 7 next week

After all of the bad losses for teams ranked ahead or close to us, the Wilmington loss keeps getting less relevant in the long run if we can just win the SEC.

However, if we would have won that game, we would be in the top 3 and way higher in all of the metrics, even with mediocre defense.

Last edited:
May put Auburn in that group too.

WHY is it we ALWAYS have to go play them down there when they have a decent team??????
We always play them there. That’s how scheduling works. This ain’t football.

After all of the bad losses for teams ranked ahead or close to us, The Wilmington loss keeps getting less relevant in the long run if we can just win the SEC.

However, if we would have won that game, we would be in the top 3 and way higher in all of the metrics, even with mediocre defense.
We didn't have all our big men in any of our losses and I think against Kansas and/or Wilmington we had one or less of them. We're a different team than the one that lost to Kansas and Wilmington and even from the A&M loss since we added a major piece tonight. My eyes tell me this Kentucky team is surprisingly good with potential to get quite a bit better.

We didn't have all our big men in any of our losses and I think against Kansas and/or Wilmington we had one or less of them. We're a different team than the one that lost to Kansas and Wilmington and even from the A&M loss since we added a major piece tonight. My eyes tell me this Kentucky team is surprisingly good with potential to get quite a bit better.
Oh, I definitely agree.

If Z is actually this good, we are going to keep getting better and better!!!

Tuesday night in Columbia will be a HUGE test. Hope we play great and win.

After all of the bad losses for teams ranked ahead or close to us, the Wilmington loss keeps getting less relevant in the long run if we can just win the SEC.

Will be missing 2 of our top 8 players for this game with DJ and big Z.

Also didn’t have Wagner vs UNC-Wilmington.

UConn, Purdue, UK and UNC are the best four teams in the country right now. Wouldn’t trade UK’s roster for any others.
I am so close to agreeing with you but im going to have to slide Purdue out and put either Kansas or Tennessee in its spot, like always, Purdue and Edey will wear down and make an early exit in NCAAT.

Go Cats!

WOW JUST WOW. No they do not and haven't for many many years.
13 other SEC teams currently. They play 18 SEC games. 8 SEC teams UK plays once. Five SEC teams they play twice. Always play UT and Vandy and Florida twice. This year they play Arkansas and Mississippi St. Twice.
Yeah, my bad.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
SEC does not rotate basketball schedule like they do football. Seems as UK get the other top teams on the road or a home and away. SEC try’s to schedule for television audience. Uk makes good theatre. Hopefully they have a set rotation once Texas and Oklahoma get here.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I think Auburn should be ranked in the top 10 now too. Duke, Baylor, Memphis, and Wisconsin lost this week so I think Arizona and Auburn will take the 8 & 9 spots.

Not until the end that's what matters
Of course, rankings and in-season games are less important than the post-season or “the end.” Duh!

I enjoy the ebb and flow of the season; man - last night’s Big Z party was a fun, high-point. For me, rankings make the in-season weeks more enjoyable, too. I hope OP’s wrong and that we get back in the top 5 — all the excitement is heightened when we’re top 5.

Uh, no we don't.
I guess they might have changed it due to the number of teams; I looked for a game at Georgia and couldn't find it.
WOW JUST WOW. No they do not and haven't for many many years.
13 other SEC teams currently. They play 18 SEC games. 8 SEC teams UK plays once. Five SEC teams they play twice. Always play UT and Vandy and Florida twice. This year they play Arkansas and Mississippi St. Twice.
Thanks guys for the clarifications. Of course with all the SEC teams now you'd have to eliminate the non-conference to play everybody twice but I also thought we still played everybody in the Eastern division twice with Georgia being one of them(and I read about UK a LOT). Things change and sometimes things slip by you.

I think Auburn should be ranked in the top 10 now too. Duke, Baylor, Memphis, and Wisconsin lost this week so I think Arizona and Auburn will take the 8 & 9 spots.
And AZ was lucky to beat a terrible UCLA team yday in Tucson

Im confused?. Why missing DJ and Big Z?
I replied to someone about our UNCW loss. We didn’t have DJ for that game and obviously didn’t have Z. Others have stated that game will haunt us all year and cost us a seed line but I think KY will be judged on how we play moving forward with a full lineup (still missing Theiro obviously)

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
I replied to someone about our UNCW loss. We didn’t have DJ for that game and obviously didn’t have Z. Others have stated that game will haunt us all year and cost us a seed line but I think KY will be judged on how we play moving forward with a full lineup (still missing Theiro obviously)

Didn’t have Ugonna either, and it was Bradshaw’s first game back. That was a throwaway game.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Of course with all the SEC teams now you'd have to eliminate the non-conference to play everybody twice but I also thought we still played everybody in the Eastern division twice with Georgia being one of them(and I read about UK a LOT). Things change and sometimes things slip by you.
There is no longer an Eastern Division and a Western Division either. It's one division. The SEC. It just means more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT