ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Aboard JaQuize Cross

Excellent-Wayne-_zpsr0ta5qpd.gif

I'll take guys like this all day! Welcome aboard, big fella!

Lightly recruited but the staff loved him in workout at Lexington. Sounds like he needs serious weight room time but all the other tools are there.

Lightly recruited but the staff loved him in workout at Lexington. Sounds like he needs serious weight room time but all the other tools are there.
If the staff saw him in person and offered, that is good enough for me! They have proven to be excellent in talent evaluation.

Reactions: mattrudd and JHB4UK
Does anyone have any idea why he only has a 5.3 two star rating. He had several decent offers. At 6'3" 305 he seems to have the size to be a DT in the SEC. I wonder if that is good weight or if he will need to remake his body to play in the SEC.

DT is a hard position to recruit so IMO you take them if they show promise.

He looks a little doughy so I would think it's some bad weight but he is explosive so if he can muscle up some then he should be a player

He looks a little doughy so I would think it's some bad weight but he is explosive so if he can muscle up some then he should be a player

He doesn't look near as doughy as Elam did when he arrived at UK and truthfully still does.

Give the kid a break. DT's don't look like body builders. You also may have been looking at an old photo. A guy I trust saw him at the camp and said he looked very solid.

He doesn't look near as doughy as Elam did when he arrived at UK and truthfully still does.

Elam was getting a nice push as a Freshman in multiple games last year.

If he progresses at all, he will very hard to handle this season. I can't wait to see him disrupt plays.

Does anyone have any idea why he only has a 5.3 two star rating. He had several decent offers. At 6'3" 305 he seems to have the size to be a DT in the SEC. I wonder if that is good weight or if he will need to remake his body to play in the SEC.

In his video C1180, he looked like he ran well. I know it highlights but on some sacks he just chased the QB down.

He's likely a two star because he hasn't been evaluated by rivals yet. You will probably see him bumped up to 3 star when they do.

Welcome big fella hadn't heard much about you till now. Stoops & company seen something in you , that's all I need to know. You'll probably blow up to a three or 4 star in about 2 weeks!!!!

Lot of speed I saw in Ja'Quize video, after redshirt year CATS may use him as a defensive end! Scout rates him as 3*.

Freddie sez Cross will have other SEC schools figure out he is a talent and offer by October. Glad we've got him now.

Vid showed he had good burst, speed and strength. Looks smaller than the 300 listed but vid was probably a year or 2 old. Should be there after his RS year.

Now if they can haul in the JUCO, Aime, they can close out their DT recruiting for '16.

Give the kid a break. DT's don't look like body builders. You also may have been looking at an old photo. A guy I trust saw him at the camp and said he looked very solid.
I wasn't meaning to be a jerk. Just trying to be honest in my assessment. Elam was a good comparison. Meant and Middleton would be contrast. Was just relaying info to those wondering.

I wasn't meaning to be a jerk. Just trying to be honest in my assessment. Elam was a good comparison. Meant and Middleton would be contrast. Was just relaying info to those wondering.
Totally understand what you're saying, keep in mind this young man probably isn't even done growing.

Weight training and a RS year in the weight room this young man will be a hoss with his footwork and nice burst of speed. I saw a pic somewhere the kid has tree trunks for calfs.

He will not be pushed around. Plus Drake Jackson said he was underrated. Drake probably has banged with him.

He has an offer from Navy. Any time I see a kid with a service academy offer it tells me he is a smart kid with a great work ethic. If so, he can build himself into a quality player here in a couple of years under Korem's program.

Buckhorn HS is one of the best achedemic HS in the state and they play in football at the highest classification as well.

He does look more solid in the picture with brumbaugh above. Might have been a pre Jr year photo I saw.

Lot of speed I saw in Ja'Quize video, after redshirt year CATS may use him as a defensive end! Scout rates him as 3*.
He isn't a defensive end, and I don't think stars mean much this early. If Stoops hangs onto Cross and Looney, I believe Kentucky is getting our best pair of freshman defensive tackles since 2000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT