ADVERTISEMENT

wall, cousins, knight, davis, mkg, noel, randle, towns

crazyqx83

All-American
May 2, 2004
All were top 5 ranked recruits and all went in the top 10 of the NBA Draft after their freshman season. The only player that we have had that didn't go that high after their freshman year is andrew.

That's close to a .900 batting average putting the cream of the crop recruits at the top of the draft.

Hope these kids keep that in mind as they commit to Mississippi state, unlv, cal, etc.

You CAN be the next Avery bradley, John henson, Harrison barnes, Jared sullinger, Tobias harris, Josh selby, quincy miller, Shabazz muhammad, Kyle anderson, Steven adams, cliff alexander (all top 5 consensus guys since 2010).

Or you could come to UK and reduce that chance exponentially.

Mind numbing one Championship out of those tremendously talented players . I have no idea why Cal is not scoring top recruits ..I do understand recruiting is of cycles, and trends in one direction , but whats different ?

Mind numbing one Championship out of those tremendously talented players . I have no idea why Cal is not scoring top recruits ..I do understand recruiting is of cycles, and trends in one direction , but whats different ?

Winning championships is hard, even with talented players...YOUNG talented players is the key word there. You can't fix raw talent in one year, as far as being consistent every game. Obviously the Wall/Cousins and Towns ones sting the most as those teams were the best teams those seasons.

Our expectations.

Not scoring top recruits? Not sure if serious.

Well, that is one way to look at it.. I would like to say we are making MANY KIDS DREAMS come TRUE. They are likely kids who have struggled their whole life for a hot meal.. Now they will not have to struggle for a meal again (if they can manage their first contract correctly).. I think that is wonderful and we are doing AWESOME THINGS at UK.. Plus making final fours and elite eights more times than not.. And the bonus Championship in 6 years.. and many more to come!! What a PROGRAM.

(Sorry to make this thread positive)

ADVERTISEMENT