ADVERTISEMENT

Walking into Commonwealth

Feb 14, 2007
Seeing all the updated pics from construction, that first walk in for kickoff I'm not sure who is more excited me or my son. Either way it's going to be a fun season. Can't Wait.

Reactions: Brock28
beer-chug-o1.gif

I can't wait!
After a ceremony honoring one of our students today, my wife and I drove through the campus and around CWS. We eyeballed all of the construction. WOW!! Incredible. Wonderful.

I could not be more excited and really look forward to the finished product at Commonwealth. It absolutely looks fantastic from the outside and I am sure the inside will as well. Can't wait to sit in my new seats and see Stoops Troops version 3.

I have never seen so many new dorms and wish I was a freshman again rooming in one of them.

As UK alums and supporters we have a lot to be proud of both in the classroom and on the playing field.

GBB!!!

Lou

i wish to god i could of got season tickets this year but economics and life will keep it out of reach. im gonna at least get a few tickets for this year though. i look at it as the inaugural UK/commonwealth stadium game going forward. i fear that a really good season will screw me for season tickets next year... lol... a price well worth paying!

I think when I get back to Lex in a couple of weeks - I shall take the time to drive in and walk around the stadium to get the "feel" I just cannot attain from pics..

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET IN THAT STADIUM ON SEPTEMBER 5th!!!
ohio-bobcats-ncaa-football-ohio-kentucky5-850x560.jpg

I think when I get back to Lex in a couple of weeks - I shall take the time to drive in and walk around the stadium to get the "feel" I just cannot attain from pics..

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET IN THAT STADIUM ON SEPTEMBER 5th!!!
ohio-bobcats-ncaa-football-ohio-kentucky5-850x560.jpg
I look forward to your take on what you see in a couple of weeks. . Please post it. Thanks.

GBB!!

Lou

I walk around CWS about once a week. The exterior is taking shape nicely and the interior will likely be painters and electricians finishing as fans come in. All in all, the renovation is impressive and the finished stadium will be a technological and fan friendly experience as any in the SEC. Yes, there are definite expansion plans though that will be up to CMS and his team's success as well as demand for season tickets.

The most impressive new structure is the footprint of the new football training facility. The area is huge and attaches to the indoor practice field.

If you haven't seen what is happening on campus, it is incredible. In addition to all the new dorms, new facilities and academic buildings are going up seemingly everywhere. To give you an example of the current commitment to academics, the University of Texas received a cash donation of 55M to construct the McCombs School Of Business a few years ago. Currently, UK has received donations and commitments of 75M to build an addition to the Gatton School Of Business. Folks, this is something nearly all of us thought we would never see at UK.

I walk around CWS about once a week. The exterior is taking shape nicely and the interior will likely be painters and electricians finishing as fans come in. All in all, the renovation is impressive and the finished stadium will be a technological and fan friendly experience as any in the SEC. Yes, there are definite expansion plans though that will be up to CMS and his team's success as well as demand for season tickets.

The most impressive new structure is the footprint of the new football training facility. The area is huge and attaches to the indoor practice field.

If you haven't seen what is happening on campus, it is incredible. In addition to all the new dorms, new facilities and academic buildings are going up seemingly everywhere. To give you an example of the current commitment to academics, the University of Texas received a cash donation of 55M to construct the McCombs School Of Business a few years ago. Currently, UK has received donations and commitments of 75M to build an addition to the Gatton School Of Business. Folks, this is something nearly all of us thought we would never see at UK.
Great read. Hope you will update us from time to time.

ADVERTISEMENT