ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-on for 2015-16 season -- Jonny David ... ??

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
I just saw on the web that Cal has extended a walk-on offer to Jonny David, Mt. Lebanon H.S., Pittsburgh, PA, 6’2”, 175, avg 19.4 ppg as a senior. Coach Cal was an assistant coach at Pitt when Jonny David’s father and current coach, Joe David, played at Pitt. Apparently, Jonny David has accepted the offer. I saw him listed on the Wildcats' 2015-16 roster as a walk-on.

Anybody got any additional info about Jonny David?

I just saw on the web that Cal has extended a walk-on offer to Jonny David, Mt. Lebanon H.S., Pittsburgh, PA, 6’2”, 175, avg 19.4 ppg as a senior. Coach Cal was an assistant coach at Pitt when Jonny David’s father and current coach, Joe David, played at Pitt. Apparently, Jonny David has accepted the offer. I saw him listed on the Wildcats' 2015-16 roster as a walk-on.

Anybody got any additional info about Jonny David?

Kinda old news. 2 or 3 videos of him playing but what you wrote is basically all their to be had.

Only on Rafters will you find a thread talking about a walk-on lol.

Good for the kid though, I hope he enjoys his front row seat to watching some great UK teams in his time here.

I've seen him play. He seems like a great kid, and his Dad is perhaps the area's best Physical Therapist in addition to coaching the Mt. Lebanon HS team.

Johnny had offers to play D-III. He is a pretty good shooter and is very smart on the court. Can't imagine he will ever play more than mop up minutes for us though, and I am sure he is fine with that.

I think Matt Jones said the same thing you did deplion. He did say he was a better player than our last 2 or 3 walk-ons.

Fwiw, he had Ivy League offers. I think we've played enough of those schools to know what kind of shooters those schools recruit. Apparently the kid is a good shooter as well, but on a team like UK, well..

ADVERTISEMENT