ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Marrow

Vince was on the 1450AM Louisville UK afternoon show yesterday, just happened to catch it in the car on the way home. You can tell he is getting much more confident in his media appearances.

Mentioned how with Dawson they have changed the emphasis in his position, TE, to getting more big strong blockers as opposed to what Neal Brown wanted, exclusive pass catchers. For recruiting mentioned how they as a staff work at evaluating talent, almost do it like an NFL franchise, have their own 'big board' and rankings of players. And that in recruiting the secret today is to not just recruit the kid, you have to find out who is the "decider" behind the kid. So that means recruiting the mom, recruiting the dad, the brothers/sisters, the girlfriends, the HS coach. Said that if you can't figure out who is the significant figure in the young man's life and sell them on your school as well, that you are just spinning your wheels.

Charlie Strong used to say the same thing about recruiting the decider.

It is interesting to me how Dawson evidently likes big sets. I wonder if fans truly know what his offense will look like. Certainly, it is not old school Air Raid. He sounds more on the Stoops page than was Brown.

Charlie Strong used to say the same thing about recruiting the decider.

It is interesting to me how Dawson evidently likes big sets. I wonder if fans truly know what his offense will look like. Certainly, it is not old school Air Raid. He sounds more on the Stoops page than was Brown.

I dont think theres any doubt there was a pretty serious disconnect between Stoops and Brown philosophically. I know they denied it, etc. But it just oozed through, no matter how much they tried to hide it imo.

ADVERTISEMENT