ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Odds Change

blubo

All-American
Nov 20, 2014
yesterday, before the news about humphries broke, vegasinsider.com had duke 15/2, kentucky 8/1 to win it all. today ky is the fave 8/1, duke 9/1. i just thought it interesting how closely teams are watched and the addition of a player can change the line.

Reactions: brianpoe
I don't get the Duke hype. They're going to be good...but the favorite?
I'm with you. They have some good players but nobody near the level of Okafor. I think Thornton is good but a step down from Jones. And Ingram has skills but he's also rail thin. I could see them top 10, maybe 5. I don't foresee a championship for them this year though.

If the Humphries news had any bearing on these odds we would of dropped but we stayed the same so Duke moving up must of been something happened that was Duke related. I haven't been following much so not sure what has changed.

they have nothing inside . Hell, Lee , who will be our 3rd best post player would easily , easily be their best inside player if he was on that team .
They might not have an Okafor but senior Amile Jefferson is not chopped liver and the transfer Obi led Conference USA in rebounding as a freshman. Throw in newcomer Jeter and old man Plumlee they'll be decent enough, esp if K plays more zone.

There's no real clear cut favorite in the Vegas futures.
Kentucky 8-1
Duke 9-1
UNC 9-1
Maryland 9-1
KU 12-1

ADVERTISEMENT