ADVERTISEMENT

Vargas will start.

Terrence Jones will.

Staff is feeling pretty confident that he will be a Wildcat!

Originally posted by cal9323:
Terrence Jones will.

Staff is feeling pretty confident that he will be a Wildcat!

I agree about jones,there is no way that vargas would start over jones especially in the ddo,i think vargas will be a good addition to the big bue next year.But no way he starts over jones.

Kanter will be our center next year and vargas can give us quality minutes there also.

The thing Vargas has going for him is that he is a junior, meaning he's older and more physically mature.

Vargas was rated 26th in the nation, and number 1 in Florida coming out of HS. Why did he so underachieve at Florida?

We need Vargus bad, even with Jones and Kanter here. Unless you only play 5 guys and nobody gets in foul trouble.

Originally posted by nkyblueblood:
Vargas was rated 26th in the nation, and number 1 in Florida coming out of HS. Why did he so underachieve at Florida?

Didn't he only play in like 9 games? Hard to tell from that, but he at least has a better pedigree than anyone else we are looking at besides Jones.

I just looked it up and he played a grand total of 34 mins in 9 games at UF. Maybe a Gaytor fan that sees this will enlighten us as to what the problem was. A player that highly ranked getting that little PT signals that it was something other than his level of play.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
I just looked it up and he played a grand total of 34 mins in 9 games at UF. Maybe a Gaytor fan that sees this will enlighten us as to what the problem was. A player that highly ranked getting that little PT signals that it was something other than his level of play.

Wasnt he hurt part of the time. He is really talented and just never got a chance at UF. He would probably be more productive off the bench thanh Orton was this past year. He wouldnt start over Jones, but with he and Jones to go along with Kanter, our frontcourt goes from weak, to very, very stong.

Originally posted by Huma1894:
He had a bad ankle injury that kept getting aggravated. But he is a great player, on the level with Kanter.
Wow. I am going to have to see more of this Vargas kid if that is true. There are not many Kanters in the world. I think he is going to break out this year and will be our star. I hope Vargas is that good.

Vargas would start as our PF. He is a phenomenal inside presence. He averaged a double-double at Miami Dade with 25 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks. He has the experience, the maturity, the drive, and the confidence needed to be an elite player. No way he doesn't start.

Vargas would start as our PF. He is a phenomenal inside presence. He averaged a double-double at Miami Dade with 25 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks. He has the experience, the maturity, the drive, and the confidence needed to be an elite player. No way he doesn't start.
agree he's much better than he was at his first year at florida...plus he's big time shot blocker. But if we get Jones, Jones will start but Vargus will get a ton of minutes.

He had a bad ankle injury that kept getting aggravated. But he is a great player, on the level with Kanter.

I dont know about that, but I think he is very good. Along with Kanter and Jones, we would have the best front court in the SEC IMO. I read on another board where they think he will be a Cat by Monday.

I am showing Vargas as 21pts 14reb 3.4blks. as per this site.

Dodson averaged 15.7pts 5.6 rebs for Miami Dade. I just don't put much stock in JUCO stats. The competition just isn't comparable.
This post was edited on 5/13 2:50 PM by UK:C-130

Vargas

Remember this is a JUCO. Remember Antoine Barbour, he was the #1 JUCO player in the country and came here but never really was all that good. Kevin Galloway, A top JUCO that did not really pan out. Junior College is light years away from a major D-1 level. I am jst a little cautious about JUCO players.

Originally posted by ORCAT:
Originally posted by Cindog28:

Originally posted by smooth as butter:
If he commits to Seattle he will start next season at pf/c .
*fixed

Seattle??? As in Seattle Pacific or are you thinking of a different school.
Seattle University. Cameron Dollar (former UCLA guard) is the coach there.

Rivals' Jerry Meyer said Vargas missed his flight to Seattle but still has Arizona, Seattle and Kentucky as finalists. Vargas said on Twitter that he felt "hella sick," though he and traveling-team coach Kenny Gillion have been unreachable.

link

Originally posted by AlexLegionsMom:
Well we now know how this worked out.
FANTASTIC! How are you able to pull up such an old thread? What a great way to remind our poster/coaches what they said!

Just think, the op made this post before we even knew anything about Kanter being ineligible. As far as the op knew, Kanter was good to go. Must have had lots of confidence in Vargas to think he was actually going to start over Kanter.

this is my favorite

Huma should NEVER speak again
sick.gif

Phenomenal! hahahaha thats the funniest thing I've ever read on TCP.
Next time op or HUMA got a hunch, contact me, I'd like to place a little wager on it.

Originally posted by jhouse75:
Phenomenal! hahahaha thats the funniest thing I've ever read on TCP.
Next time op or HUMA got a hunch, contact me, I'd like to place a little wager on it.
Oh, he's still posting with confidence. Predicted we would beat Vandy at last night by 30. This guy is MONEY!

There's another recruit named Vargas? That's nice, because Eloy, well, if he plays significant minutes it will be elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT