ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy - Stack - Tuesday - Memorial

Dude , hate to break it to you but……there’s no damn way Stackhouse is going to be fired this year . He was SEC coach of the year last season. Didn’t realize that. That buys him a couple of years .

Why would that buy him anything? He didn’t make the NCAAT last year and he’s 0-5. Our program is better than that.

Do you work for our shit AD?

Scott could stroke it. I pretty much modeled my shot after him.
I’m from NKy near where Scott played in high school. Watched him a lot and he was one of the best shooters I’ve ever seen.
If there was a 3 point line when he played he would’ve averaged over 40 ppg
Was disappointed that UK didn’t recruit him

• Love
Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Good game, Cats.

10-12 from three in the first half is ELITE.
Thank you!
I’m not bashing but that’s probably the worst Vandy team I’ve seen in my life.

I’m sure it’s one of the worst you have seen?

I don’t know how much longer you give Stackhouse after a year like this?
But we’re UK and we let Cal go 9-16 and he’s not won much since.

Heck, I would love for Cal to join Brad at Vandy. Cal already owns a house in Nashville. Sounds like a logical move to me 😊

Why would that buy him anything? He didn’t make the NCAAT last year and he’s 0-5. Our program is better than that.

I’m just messin with you but………If the AD wants to give him another year , that will be mentioned as a reason.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Good game, Cats.

10-12 from three in the first half is ELITE.
Hey Frieda, I was in hiding prior to this game, so I didn't post earlier. My post would have looked similar to many of the others if I had jumped in. We have made several bad teams look like the Golden State Warriors this season. And hey, it may not have been Memorial Magic, but the Commodores hit 11 threes. Our defense may have been slightly better than normal last night but Vandy still scored nearly 80. UK just went lights out, which has also happened several times this season. When these guys are hitting on all cylinders, they will outscore pretty much anyone.

As for Stackhouse, I know this season has been very frustrating for Vandy fans. (I have family and friends down that way still and they're not happy campers) The Commodores finished the season strong last year and won the season series against UK 2-1. But this year has been disastrous. I don't blame you for wanting a change. I like those 2 guards, Taylor and Manjon. They did their best trying to keep Vandy in the game. UK was just on a mission in this one.

Thanks for the drop in post. You're always gracious in wins and defeats. Even if the Commodores don't turn things around, I hope you have a blessed 2024. :D

• Love

If Vandy had the 3-4 great players who transferred to other SEC schools they would be top 10. Is Vandy not promising or providing NIL money. I know Vandy admissions hates having kids transfer in

If Vandy had the 3-4 great players who transferred to other SEC schools they would be top 10. Is Vandy not promising or providing NIL money. I know Vandy admissions hates having kids transfer in

Myles Stute has been good, but was injured when we played South Carolina. Jordan Wright will be a handful when we play LSU. He is their leading scorer. I think Vandy might have been a .500 team with those two. The rest of their transfers when to schools like Rice, Belmont, Citadel, and Bowling Green.

They also pulled in transfers that are starting now, like Taylor from Lehigh and Lubin from Notre Dame, that may not have come if Wright and Stute were still there.

2) Stack has to be fired after this season. Zero Vandy fans left supporting him. Most fans staying home in protest until he’s fired.

Seriously, why the H did Vandy hire him in the first place?? I thought it was a bad hire even apart from the fact that he went to a diploma mill university! Vandy sold their soul to the devil for this hire. Now they are getting what they deserve, IMO.

Seriously, why the H did Vandy hire him in the first place?? I thought it was a bad hire even apart from the fact that he went to a diploma mill university! Vandy sold their soul to the devil for this hire. Now they are getting what they deserve, IMO.
Bet they wish they still had Bill Dauterive...

• Haha
Myles Stute has been good, but was injured when we played South Carolina. Jordan Wright will be a handful when we play LSU. He is their leading scorer. I think Vandy might have been a .500 team with those two. The rest of their transfers when to schools like Rice, Belmont, Citadel, and Bowling Green.

They also pulled in transfers that are starting now, like Taylor from Lehigh and Lubin from Notre Dame, that may not have come if Wright and Stute were still there.
The big kid at A&M.

We had 3 key losses:

Jordan Wright who wanted to be “the guy.” He got that at his hometown team of LSU. We would be much better if he was here.

Myles Stute left because he’s a bitch. He missed all important shots (total choke artist) and he lost playing time too in favor of Colin Smith. Stute then pouted and quit on the team, quit giving effort on either end of the floor, then actually quit the team prior to the NIT. One of the biggest punks to ever play for VU. Good riddance to that cancer. Lamont Paris is using him well and hiding him at the right times at South Carolina.

Quinton Millora Brown transferred to the Citadel. Our tallest guy is 6’8, so QMB could have helped too.

Losing Liam Robbins hurt too (prob basketball).

Overall, Stack didn’t do a good job in the portal to replace what he lost. We then had injuries and it’s been over since our only center hit a girl (between game 4 and game 5). Poor roster construction is what will ultimately get Stack canned. Can’t go 0-5 when it comes to making NCAAT, we expect to go 2-3 of every 5 years at minimum.

As far as NIL, we were behind but that appears to be over. We have 10 million for football and 1.5-2.5 for hoops for the next coach. That should help the new guy hit the ground running.

@Friedas_Boss after the lack of Vandy fans last night, I can see Stackhouse being let go. Who do you think are viable candidates?

Not sure to be honest.

Depends on who you listen to. There are those that believe we will pay for a top tier guy (5 million per year) and that will attract some decent coaches.

We are dumping money into facilities (finally) and into NIL (boosters), so the next coach should be set up to do well. We have a good hoops fanbase, but our fans absolutely hate Stackhouse (if you were there last night you saw two things (fans eating their tickets and not attending and the ones who were there booing Stack as he was introduced)).

If I were to bet, I’d bet Stack will be gone by Selection Sunday.

The big kid at A&M.

We didn’t have a player transfer to aTm or from there.

We lost more than we gained. I like Ven Allen Lubin but he’s a 4 being forced to play center at 6’8 with no shooters to spread the floor.

Evan Taylor is the other transfer in and he’s awful. He had 20 last night but he’s one of the main reasons we suck. Decent player when we’re down by 30 but in any sort of close game, he’s more likely to shoot an airball than he is to make it. One of the worst transfers in we’ve ever had (relative to expectations).

Reactions: Fox2monk
1) Sup, Fam?

2) Stack has to be fired after this season. Zero Vandy fans left supporting him. Most fans staying home in protest until he’s fired.

3) Cats come to Nashville Tuesday night, very little excitement or chatter about this game. This was always a great game, but has been reduced to a game where both fanbases want to fire their coaches.

4) Nobody bitches about all of the “unfair”
advantages in Memorial Gym now that we suck. Funny how that works, huh…
Tough year Freida! Has to go I’d think. Sucks having a guard like Filet Manjon with no help.

• Love
Yes it does. Likable guy, fantastic at getting to the rim and running an offense. Problem is, we’re terrible outside of him.
Seems like Vandy always gets a couple really solid players from out of nowhere. Problem is they can’t get a full team good enough to make a real run. Hopefully you find a coach that’s solid like a Mike White, or South Carolinas coach. A coach like that can cover up roster deficiencies.

We didn’t have a player transfer to aTm or from there.

We lost more than we gained. I like Ven Allen Lubin but he’s a 4 being forced to play center at 6’8 with no shooters to spread the floor.

Evan Taylor is the other transfer in and he’s awful. He had 20 last night but he’s one of the main reasons we suck. Decent player when we’re down by 30 but in any sort of close game, he’s more likely to shoot an airball than he is to make it. One of the worst transfers in we’ve ever had (relative to expectations).
I was thinking about Disu

Pretty odd that Stackhouse would whine about the refs. They shot a lot more free throws than us and we was called for twice as many fouls as them. Some of their guard drives where they got the shot blocked cleanly was called a foul most of the time. Frustrating to me when it obviously wasn't a foul. Refs tried hard to give them all they could but just way too much firepower for them to overcome. And their coach criticizes them. He just needs to recruit better players and coach better. The game could have been even worse had the refs called the game straight up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT