ADVERTISEMENT

vacation help

billue

Freshman
Jan 2, 2003
was thinking about going to a beach in Alabama or Florida panhandle. my kids are 6 and 7. wife likes to shop any suggestions?

The best place to panhandle in Florida is West Palm Beach, or possibly Captiva, near Sanibel. I've never had any luck panhandling in Alabama.

Reactions: funKYcat75
The Panama City area would be your best bet. They have this huge outlet mall near the beach.

Panama City Beach is excellent for younger kids. They have St. Andrews State Park which has an area in the park called the kiddie pool and it has a sheltered area that you can swim in. The water starts shallow and gets as deep as you want especially if you cross over the rock jetty.

Lots and lots of cool fish as well as raccoons scurrying around all over the place. I saw all the usual fish while there the last time as well as rays and had a close encounter with a sea turtle. There is a gator pond and lots are marsh areas to bird watch. If you want seclusion then take a shuttle to shell island which is right across the channel and you can walk down the beach a be totally alone. Everyone mostly hangs around the jetties.

I dont have a clue about the shopping though. There are the hokie shops all over but I dont know anything about any Pigeon Forge type shopping areas. I usually just stick to the park.

was thinking about going to a beach in Alabama or Florida panhandle. my kids are 6 and 7. wife likes to shop any suggestions?

Yep - don't eat the fish.

images

Panama City is getting pretty scary during Spring Break season. I would avoid it during that time. This is Mississippi St. QB Dak Prescott getting beaten up during spring break this year.

Dak-beaten.png

Meh, they at least took it outside and away from other patrons. Now, if a full out bar brawl broke out, then I would say it is dangerous, but they got away from others and beat the shit out of him. Pretty responsible if you ask me. Besides, I doubt he takes his 6-7 year old kids to a Wacka Flocka concert, if he does, then he might have issues with rowdy crowds. But at a aquarium, putt putt golf or MOST other family activities, he should be fine. Rap concerts and night clubs is where it gets a little dicey for 6-7 kids being in attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT