ADVERTISEMENT

UT Offers Wills

No biggie. We knew the big power schools were going to offer. Up to UK to prove to him on the field why he should be a Wildcat. He is not just going to be conceded to us.

-while a much better program than UK, Iwouldnt call UT "a big power school"at this point.havent been relevant nationally in nearly a decade ...Wills was an infant when they won their last championship.

Reactions: jnewc2
-while a much better program than UK, Iwouldnt call UT "a big power school"at this point.havent been relevant nationally in nearly a decade ...Wills was an infant when they won their last championship.

UT's self-stated goal is to "return to the glory days" and with at least 4 players/ex-players being investigated for rape, with felony burglary charges in the off-season, with their hot shot freshman RB being found passed out drunk in a parking garage, with another player being arrested for DUI this week....they're well on the way. UT's a has been.

Tennessee is not yet. But he has offers from Alabama, FSU, Notre Dame, and Florida too. Before his recruitment is over, he will have an offer from all the power schools.

Regardless of the personal biases against Tennessee, they have the history and the commitment to return to relevancy and they are recruiting like they are supposed to: top 5 nationally. Unlike UT, UGA, Alabama, etc, UK can't take anything for granted, but this will be a good indicator of where the program is at when 2017 signing day rolls around. If CMS can close the borders of Kentucky to other programs it will be because he has turned Kentucky into a contending football program.

-I have no personal bias against UT...they just havent been relevant for a decade or so. Jones is killing it recruiting wise/the admin has proven it will do/allow anything to have a high caliber program...wouldn't surprise me a bit if they returned to national standing. That said: right *now* they dont belong in the same sentence with Bama...or UGA for that matter.

-I have no personal bias against UT...they just havent been relevant for a decade or so. Jones is killing it recruiting wise/the admin has proven it will do/allow anything to have a high caliber program...wouldn't surprise me a bit if they returned to national standing. That said: right *now* they dont belong in the same sentence with Bama...or UGA for that matter.

UT fans would agree with you that they haven't been relevant since 2007. That said, they are still the 2nd winningest program in the SEC, they still have tremendous facilities, a huge fan base and all the things that are needed to be successful. UK doesn't have those things which is why even though CMS has stepped up UK recruiting, UT has been able to step it up even more. My point was that they can more easily get recruits that they want regardless of the last decade. UK can get there, but closing the border off is the first step.

UK can get there, but closing the border off is the first step

Yep.

UT fans would agree with you that they haven't been relevant since 2007. That said, they are still the 2nd winningest program in the SEC, they still have tremendous facilities, a huge fan base and all the things that are needed to be successful. UK doesn't have those things which is why even though CMS has stepped up UK recruiting, UT has been able to step it up even more. My point was that they can more easily get recruits that they want regardless of the last decade. UK can get there, but closing the border off is the first step.

I beg to differ on a couple of points. By the time Wills would hypothetically arrive here our facilities will be as good if not better than UTs or most anyone else's. Secondly although their fan base is bigger, ours if growing rapidly and #BBN is as big and as rabid as anyone in the country - just ask any of our recruits.

Yes UT has a a great winning tradition and we don't, but they have been a pretty pedestrian program for the last decade, I don't think Mr. Wills would remember too much beyond that, and I don't see that as being much of a factor. What does count is he is a home state kid, his Mom & Dad are huge UK fans, he has visited on several occasions and is close friends with UK players and recruits.

In college football recruiting elite players is only half the battle, you need an elite coaching staff as well..Butch has a long way to go to be considered good, much less elite..Tennessee basically recruits itself..even Derek Dooley brought in great recruiting classes and elite players every single year..there's a lot more to football than recruiting

Reactions: jauk11
In real life if your son got offered to play football at the university of tennessee, the majority of people here would be ecstatic. That's a huge honor for your child. There's no difference here.

If my son already had offers from every major program in the country, I don't think getting an offer from a team that hasn't had more than 7 wins since he was in elementary school would really have the same ring to it

On paper, the biggest recruit of the Stoops era. First "modern" 5 star for KY Football.

Reactions: jnewc2
I beg to differ on a couple of points. By the time Wills would hypothetically arrive here our facilities will be as good if not better than UTs or most anyone else's. Secondly although their fan base is bigger, ours if growing rapidly and #BBN is as big and as rabid as anyone in the country - just ask any of our recruits.

Yes UT has a a great winning tradition and we don't, but they have been a pretty pedestrian program for the last decade, I don't think Mr. Wills would remember too much beyond that, and I don't see that as being much of a factor. What does count is he is a home state kid, his Mom & Dad are huge UK fans, he has visited on several occasions and is close friends with UK players and recruits.
While the renovations to CWS are much needed, UT's stadium is almost twice the size and their training facility is one of the best in the country. UK has a long way to go even with their upgrades to scratch the surface of what UT can offer a player.

While the renovations to CWS are much needed, UT's stadium is almost twice the size and their training facility is one of the best in the country. UK has a long way to go even with their upgrades to scratch the surface of what UT can offer a player.

While I think UK can compete very well with TU with what they can offer a player, this isn't five years ago, UK can't even scratch the surface of what UL can offer a player------illegally, of course. One of the biggest being the strings being pulled to keep them eligible. JMO from reading between the lines, UL is a haven for second chance players.

100,000 screaming maniacs in the stands every week would be a sight for most 18 yo's but in all honesty once you get past 60,000 there really isn't a big difference in atmosphere that isn't related to the people in attendance. when we beat lsu in '07 commonwealth was as loud and rowdy as any... or at least outside the audible detection of the human ear. if we win this year and have the promise of a run in '16... this place is gonna be rockin.

100,000 screaming maniacs in the stands every week would be a sight for most 18 yo's but in all honesty once you get past 60,000 there really isn't a big difference in atmosphere that isn't related to the people in attendance. when we beat lsu in '07 commonwealth was as loud and rowdy as any... or at least outside the audible detection of the human ear. if we win this year and have the promise of a run in '16... this place is gonna be rockin.
I am healthy and was only 29 in 2007 and the crowd at LSU was so intense, I had to sit down a couple a times...Thought I was having a heart attack. That shit was rauccaus!!!! Best sporting event I've ever attended and I've attended some doozies!

I'm not arguing the point. UT's recruiting over the last two years has sort of spoken all the volumes that need to be spoken about where their program is versus UK. UK hasn't proven able to close off the border to KY yet, that's because the winning hasn't started; one that happens UK will take the next step.

Regardless of the personal biases against Tennessee, they have the history and the commitment to return to relevancy and they are recruiting like they are supposed to: top 5 nationally. Unlike UT, UGA, Alabama, etc, UK can't take anything for granted, but this will be a good indicator of where the program is at when 2017 signing day rolls around. If CMS can close the borders of Kentucky to other programs it will be because he has turned Kentucky into a contending football program.
I am not worried about Tennessee getting a commitment from Wills. He won't go to Tennessee. But Stoops will have to beat Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, other programs of that caliber for Wills. Because of Wills' relationship with Landon Young, Stoops has a good shot to sign Wills if Kentucky continues to improve on the field. But it isn't going to be the slam dunk some people think.

UK's new training facility will rival anything else in the country including UT. UT does have a bigger stadium but the new CWS will be much nicer than the dump Neyland is. The only true advantage UT has is showing off their tradition to recruits which anyone being honest with themselves knows is light years better than UK's.

UK's new training facility will rival anything else in the country including UT. UT does have a bigger stadium but the new CWS will be much nicer than the dump Neyland is. The only true advantage UT has is showing off their tradition to recruits which anyone being honest with themselves knows is light years better than UK's.
Have you personally seen the video of UT's training facilities. They are off the charts sick!

Reactions: footballfanatic77
While I think UK can compete very well with TU with what they can offer a player, this isn't five years ago, UK can't even scratch the surface of what UL can offer a player------illegally, of course. One of the biggest being the strings being pulled to keep them eligible. JMO from reading between the lines, UL is a haven for second chance players.
Jauk, if nothing else you are consistent. The funny thing, everybody knows the name of UK's compliance officer, Sandy Bell. What is the name of UofL's compliance officer? Keep beating that drum!

The insiders I have listened to say our training facility will be on par with UTs. I don't think stadium size is what attracts recruits and if you have ever been to Neyland you would know it's like going to an antique shop. OTOH CWS is smaller seat wise but will be one of the most modern, high-tech, fan friendly stadiums in the country. On esthetics alone CWS wins hands down IMO.

Why the relentless effort on some to denigrate our program and bolster our opponents is puzzling to me. Sometimes I think I have accidentally landed on a UT board.

Have you personally seen the video of UT's training facilities. They are off the charts sick!
I have actually been in Knoxville and saw it (granted from outside but I could see some of it through windows). Yes, its a very nice complex, but UK's will be as nice or better. Other programs will not be able to use UK's lack of facilities and all as a recruiting tool now. They better come up with something better because if or when UK starts winning they are not going to have a lot of ammo to use against this staff. UK's administration and donors are now #ALLIN with the football program.

Jauk, if nothing else you are consistent. The funny thing, everybody knows the name of UK's compliance officer, Sandy Bell. What is the name of UofL's compliance officer? Keep beating that drum!

LOL

Thanks for proving my point, that is because Sandy does her job to the extreme, no one has heard of UL's compliance officer because they take anything that can play, doesn't matter what crimes, grades, or other problems they bring to the table.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Re UT, what's not being reported is the inordinately high number of players leaving the program. I've lost count but it's in double figures the number of guys Jones has pushed out the door since last season ended. It's pretty obvious what he's doing...if you haven't moved up the depth chart by the end of your second spring practice you're history. Had another leave just yesterday. That, plus the numerous run ins with the law(another DUI this week), will eventually catch up with them.

As for Neyland...no new coats of paint and squirts of Fabreze can cover the mustiness and decades old odor of urine that permeates the place.

Reactions: Deeeefense
No Jauk, you don't know the name because there are not the issues at Louisville Sandy has to deal with at UK. Your serve!
UL compliance office and officer is not known due to ...TJ makes all the decisions....the holder of that position has the benefit of being in the easiest position in the Country.

No Jauk, you don't know the name because there are not the issues at Louisville Sandy has to deal with at UK. Your serve!

Time to quit, you are starting to answer valid statements with idiotic nonsense.

How many rejects on UK's team (none that I know of) and how many on UL's team?

Commonwealth will very much resemble Oregons stadium,football environment ,including the new training facility! Overall UK will have as nice or nicer in the SEC,as to the facilities,with better parking !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT