ADVERTISEMENT

Urgent: Need Chatham Artillery Punch Recipe someone posted months back

LineSkiCat

Senior
Nov 28, 2011
I saw this recipe posted a while back and it sounded excellent. The problem is every recipe I've googled seems a bit off in some way. Some are waaaay too complicated or just different. The worst part is that because it's an age-old American recipe, all the instructions are in quarts and not based on the Metric System (liquor bottles are measured in ml), making it a huge pain to measure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 5 gallon bucket, making a large block of ice tonight, making the entire thing either Friday or Saturday. I'm good to cut fruits, make my own simple syrup/sour mix.. I can do most bar things, but don't want to bother trying to make a shrub or some lengthy process that I may not have time for.

Also, feel free to throw in your own recipes. Punch, Sangria, anything for 10-12 people. But could really use the Chatham Artillery Punch.

I've seen about a dozen different recipes; all of them are super boozy. I think the issue is that after a few cups, nobody really remembers what it is supposed to taste like.

Its usually just a bottle of brandy, a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of rum, some fruit, some sugar, let it sit for a day or two, and then add a couple bottles of champagne before service.

Awesome. That NY time article is perfect. I think I did see that one in about the 12 recipes I looked at but it must have gotten lost. The whole point of making a punch is so I don't have to play bartender, but unfortunately some of these concoctions take way too much work.

I won't be near anyone aside from 2-3 posters. Lake George in the Adirondacks.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Freaking wait times there are crazy. I like going more into town for some of the bars and restaurants. Duffys, The Cove, Tiki bar at The Georgian.

As much as I love growing up with Lake George, it hasn't changed at all since the 80's and is still not much more than a souvenir-shop town. I'll go into town one night, get disappointed by the amount of trash that still lives in the surrounding area, and then stay back at the cabins, building a fire, fishing, boozin', etc.

Here's the real recipe...but it would be kinda hard to find Catawba wine today

http://csmaster.org/recipe/view_recipe.php?recipe_id=797
That recipe calls for 1/2 pint of benedictine. I hope they mean the liqueur and not this...
images8.jpg

Total failure. Making the lemon juice/lemonade went fine and tasted great, but was starting to become suspect as I kept looking at the 1:5 juice/alcohol ratio. Just didn't seem right.

Went with it, and it was harsh. I'm a big fan of old timey cocktails that real men drink, but I had trouble with this. Tasted more like a "last call" than anything, just kind of gross. Wouldn't even serve it to the girls without adding a quart or peach juice cocktail and a quart of mixed berry juice. Then it became fine and everyone loved it.

Maybe I botched the recipe. I was drinking when I made it lol. But this would be the first recipe I've failed at and have made plenty of harder drinks. Also checked other recipes for verification. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT