ADVERTISEMENT

UofL unis for game with Auburn

CrustyCat

Sophomore
Sep 20, 2005
Twilight Zone
Bias accounted for, these are ridiculous. Complete rip-off of Oregon and a laughable attempt to make a small red bird seem "tough."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...isville-cardinals-auburn-tigers-photos-062515

YKLzL5A.jpg

The helmet is butt ugly and looks more like a rooster than a cardinal. Fortunately it will only be used for the first game against Auburn then it's back to the Bird with teeth logo. I know, cardinals don't have teeth.

The helmet is butt ugly and looks more like a rooster than a cardinal. Fortunately it will only be used for the first game against Auburn then it's back to the Bird with teeth logo. I know, cardinals don't have teeth.

Love the actual Uniforms and like the Chrome Old English L...

I'm just really not a fan of Adidas uniforms. They always look cheap.
it's the pot leaf logo. they always have marketed to a different demo than most of the other shoe co's. granted all those other co's have niche shoes and apparel to hit that market... addidas seems to be 50/50 in that market.

These unis are awful. Instead of a clean sleek look they tried to throw as much crap into every part of the uniform as they could. They jocked the shoulder wings like Oregon, the helmet is ugly, the socks are silly looking, the zombie Cardinal on the cleats and helmet looks like it came from a comic book. Adidas has little brother syndrome to Nike so they try to put out the loudest most ridiculous looking stuff just for shock value so people will talk about it

These unis are awful. Instead of a clean sleek look they tried to throw as much crap into every part of the uniform as they could. They jocked the shoulder wings like Oregon, the helmet is ugly, the socks are silly looking, the zombie Cardinal on the cleats and helmet looks like it came from a comic book. Adidas has little brother syndrome to Nike so they try to put out the loudest most ridiculous looking stuff just for shock value so people will talk about it

It does look like a comic book bird. I believe that will be modified or only used once. The logo head they have been using is much better.

Epic fail. Looks like they tried to make the cardinal an aggressive super bird of prey or something. The bird on the helmet and shoes are terrible.

Completely agree. The problem is Louisville is one of their highest paid contract customers. Unfortunately, they have to live with some of this crap. Give me old fashion traditional uniforms every time! Ughhh.

Bias accounted for, these are ridiculous. Complete rip-off of Oregon and a laughable attempt to make a small red bird seem "tough."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...isville-cardinals-auburn-tigers-photos-062515

YKLzL5A.jpg

Not a fan of the uniforms, but have to say I'm a fan of how Louisille's administration is trying to schedule big-time, national attention-grabbing games such as this one to help build their football brand. Even if they don't win their program benefits greatly from the national exposure and can gain a whole lot of respect by playing toe-to-toe with an Auburn team that many are picking to be in the playoff.

How cool would it be for us to play in a neutral site kickoff game against a team like Texas or Clemson? I'd love it, and it would generate a lot of offseason excitement in the fanbase.

This is for all those people who didn't like our chrome helmet last year. See, coulda been worse.

YKLzL5A.jpg

In all fairness I doubt UL had any input into this design. When UGA played in this game it was sponsored by Nike I think and they butchered our uniforms, awful red pants and Jerseys, silver metalflaked helmet with a 3 inch red stripe down the middle and also in the facemask. It was an awful look. But its the price we all pay for being users of these companies products. Its to heck with the game and dignity of the team and their uniforms, its "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO WITH MATERIAL AND DYE". Its an advertisement for them with multiple bilboards running all over the field. Wait til UK gets to play in one of these games and see how they can butcher UK's uniforms because they will.

Not a fan of the uniforms, but have to say I'm a fan of how Louisille's administration is trying to schedule big-time, national attention-grabbing games such as this one to help build their football brand. Even if they don't win their program benefits greatly from the national exposure and can gain a whole lot of respect by playing toe-to-toe with an Auburn team that many are picking to be in the playoff.

How cool would it be for us to play in a neutral site kickoff game against a team like Texas or Clemson? I'd love it, and it would generate a lot of offseason excitement in the fanbase.
Yes, and if we had UL's schedule, adding another top 25 game would not seem so daunting. As it stands, even with their new conference, the difficulty of UL's schedule is not even in the ballpark of the schedule we play every year. Once we start competing with SEC calibre teams, the nation will take plenty of notice!

Butt UGGLY like the Tardinal boid..

Yes, and if we had UL's schedule, adding another top 25 game would not seem so daunting. As it stands, even with their new conference, the difficulty of UL's schedule is not even in the ballpark of the schedule we play every year. Once we start competing with SEC calibre teams, the nation will take plenty of notice!
UK has had the same schedule for decades, benefitted from much larger revenue streams and have never found the pieces to consistantly compete. Louisville on the other hand has played and competed and won with the hand they have been dealt. Now that they are in a real conference and earning comparable revenue, the skies the limit.

In all fairness I doubt UL had any input into this design. When UGA played in this game it was sponsored by Nike I think and they butchered our uniforms, awful red pants and Jerseys, silver metalflaked helmet with a 3 inch red stripe down the middle and also in the facemask. It was an awful look. But its the price we all pay for being users of these companies products. Its to heck with the game and dignity of the team and their uniforms, its "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO WITH MATERIAL AND DYE". Its an advertisement for them with multiple bilboards running all over the field. Wait til UK gets to play in one of these games and see how they can butcher UK's uniforms because they will.

I remember those and agree they were awful. The whole "re-imagine-the-uniform" thing has gotten out of hand. Some of them are pretty cool, so it can be done. It just wasn't done with those silly chicken-toothed things UofL is going to wear. I would not let my team walk in those, no matter what.

Their uniforms are as about as outrageous as their fans expectations, they are always acting like they are big time, Georgia showed them what big time was and now Auburn will show them they need to stay in the ACC.

Louisville has hit their ceiling, Kentucky is just a way better program all around. Stoops will start show casing that fact starting this year.

Looks like Eagle feathers on the arm below the shoulder..... Eagle, or chicken feathers one... Maybe turkey feathers, can't make them out.... UL always has need of a gimmick....

Looks like Eagle feathers on the arm below the shoulder..... Eagle, or chicken feathers one... Maybe turkey feathers, can't make them out.... UL always has need of a gimmick....
and you don't call chrome helmets gimmicky? Every program throws out a crazy looking uniform these days.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Here is a actual player in the new uniforms and his take...plus...more then likely this was all Adidas on the Design and rumor is UofL will have 5 More Different Uniforms this year:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT