ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheat Notice of Allegations Arrived

Is it me or has a flood gate of uber obnoxious troll visitors opened up today with news of the UNC NOA? Hmmm
Your comment is not the reason I'm posting this , it's to set the record straight . Numerous posters have crowned the fake clown of a UNC fan as the best rival poster that frequents this site , when in fact that designation is yours by far . I hate opposing a fans of every kind and yet you have posted here years without drawing my ire that I can remember and you did it without sucking up to us . It's a testament to all the whiny trolls who claim they get attacked for no reason , you never get attacked as a Duke fan and that's impressive . I'm one of the least likely posters to acknowledge a rival fan so it carries more weight than one of our regular flower children , copy and paste this , put it on a fat head or whatever .

Reactions: Neue Regel
The way I take this is like a defendant being charged. Then they'll likely negotiate a plea bargain to a lesser charge with minor penalties. I'd bet there's a lot going on right now behind the scene's between UNC and the NCAA like an attorney negotiating with a DA. I do expect there will be penalties, but not like most of us think there should be. Funny to, I thought all along it would get announced on the Friday of the 4th of July weekend. Guess Memorial Day worked instead. Still, if/when penalties are announced I'd guess again it'll be on Friday the 3rd of July.

Your comment is not the reason I'm posting this , it's to set the record straight . Numerous posters have crowned the fake clown of a UNC fan as the best rival poster that frequents this site , when in fact that designation is yours by far . I hate opposing a fans of every kind and yet you have posted here years without drawing my ire that I can remember and you did it without sucking up to us . It's a testament to all the whiny trolls who claim they get attacked for no reason , you never get attacked as a Duke fan and that's impressive . I'm one of the least likely posters to acknowledge a rival fan so it carries more weight than one of our regular flower children , copy and paste this , put it on a fat head or whatever .
I'll second that. I actually like reasonable fans of other schools posting here. Bobby is not one of them.

I think it's funny how Bobby keeps insisting that if we read the Report, we'll all agree with him. But some of us, including myself, Have read the report- as well as a number of the supplemental emails. And so have many members of the maligned "media".

Based on the report, UNC is guilty as hell, and that includes the basketball program. I think Bobby's sole motive is to troll, irritate, and try to spread dishonest pr.

Reactions: .S&C.
I'll second that. I actually like reasonable fans of other schools posting here. Bobby is not one of them.

I think it's funny how Bobby keeps insisting that if we read the Report, we'll all agree with him. But some of us, including myself, Have read the report- as well as a number of the supplemental emails. And so have many members of the maligned "media".

Based on the report, UNC is guilty as hell, and that includes the basketball program. I think Bobby's sole motive is to troll, irritate, and try to spread dishonest pr.

I'd suggest just putting him on ignore. I too have read a great deal on that topic. One of the cornerstones of academia is integrity. The information in the reports is damning in that regard and the circumstances were exploited by the athletic programs, including basketball. UNC has some huge problems. They've retained a huge cadre of lawyers in an effort to survive it. That in itself is proof enough. Given his arguments, I'd say bobbi is a child or faces some intellectual challenges and is doing his best to defend his only source of self worth. I do admit its rather comical that he insists on folks reading this or that report when the biggest knowledge gaps on that same material comes from him.

Reactions: .S&C.
I'd suggest just putting him on ignore. I too have read a great deal on that topic. One of the cornerstones of academia is integrity. The information in the reports is damning in that regard and the circumstances were exploited by the athletic programs, including basketball. UNC has some huge problems. They've retained a huge cadre of lawyers in an effort to survive it. That in itself is proof enough. Given his arguments, I'd say bobbi is a child or faces some intellectual challenges and is doing his best to defend his only source of self worth. I do admit its rather comical that he insists on folks reading this or that report when the biggest knowledge gaps on that same material comes from him.

You could be right. I am sticking to the idea that he is Bradley Bethel. Bethel went to OSU. His stuff on here is pretty much the same crap he puts in his blog.

He is a UK hater more than a UNC defender if you ask me. He has defended both Duke and KU as well as UNC. He has to defend Duke for personal reasons.

You could be right. I am sticking to the idea that he is Bradley Bethel. Bethel went to OSU. His stuff on here is pretty much the same crap he puts in his blog.

He is a UK hater more than a UNC defender if you ask me. He has defended both Duke and KU as well as UNC. He has to defend Duke for personal reasons.

You think that's Bethel? Could be I guess. Bethel writes like a cheap pillow from Walmart. Poofy and not much support. Bobbi writes, well, like a C average middle schooler, to be honest. Not saying you're wrong. Its just . . . bad.

Take this for what it's worth: the UNC hardcore fans I hang with are giddy about their Insiders who say the NCAA did NOT hit them with any punishment. They say Emmert and his clowns decided the mess was Academic and not Athletic...and so is not under their jurisdiction.

If this turns out to be true, I may do something that puts me in prison. I'm open to suggestion.

Reactions: RedRiverSaga
Take this for what it's worth: the UNC hardcore fans I hang with are giddy about their Insiders who say the NCAA did NOT hit them with any punishment. They say Emmert and his clowns decided the mess was Academic and not Athletic...and so is not under their jurisdiction.

If this turns out to be true, I may do something that puts me in prison. I'm open to suggestion.

Man, if you are going to prison do it for family. Pointless going to prison over academic pond scum.

This issue is not over guilt or innocence. Its about who gets sued and I'm not talking about UNC suing the NCAA (which never works).

The reason the NCAA reopened their investigation was to investigate claims of academic fraud. Why would they do an investigation if there's nothing in the rules to govern academic misconduct? Have they changed the rules since they punished Minnesota, Georgia and Marshall for similar offenses? We know UNC has received their NOA and if it's not for the academic fraud what are the charges?

Mary Willingham and Rashad McCant got their payday, thats all Mary was after and what she got.

Mary received from UNC (after legal fees) $60,000 for each of the 3 years of lost salary and to relocate as the university will not grant her old job back. She could have aimed for much more but chose not to. In addition, profits from her book will hardly retire her. - source NPR Interview 2 weeks ago.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle on this. Wouldn't UNC be awfully giddy to hurry and get the details out if everything was indeed rose petals as Chansky suggested? He is hardly the only voice of UNC athletics, and these days he is more of a renegade fallen voice for them as his mouth has drawn the ire of some within the athletic department for years.

Why is no other writer with connections to Chapel Hill stepping forward to help trumpet what Art was saying?

Also Brandon Ingram stated that he was told they had received the NOA on April 17th and yet UNC denied that. Hmmm, then where did he get that date from? did he just make it up? that was never clarified (was it?)during the recruitment as to how he came up with that April 17th date. Was he told by one of the coaches or someone connected to the B-Ball program? and if they had received it and it was all rose petals wouldn't they have been eager to tell him that no problems are foreseen down the road to try and help sway his commitment? after all he is the one who said he might have committed to them long ago if not for the possible threat of sanctions.

Why do I have this feeling that they have had this NOA for a while?

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle on this. Wouldn't UNC be awfully giddy to hurry and get the details out if everything was indeed rose petals as Chansky suggested? He is hardly the only voice of UNC athletics, and these days he is more of a renegade fallen voice for them as his mouth has drawn the ire of some within the athletic department for years.

Why is no other writer with connections to Chapel Hill stepping forward to help trumpet what Art was saying?

Also Brandon Ingram stated that he was told they had received the NOA on April 17th and yet UNC denied that. Hmmm, then where did he get that date from? did he just make it up? that was never clarified (was it?)during the recruitment as to how he came up with that April 17th date. Was he told by one of the coaches or someone connected to the B-Ball program? and if they had received it and it was all rose petals wouldn't they have been eager to tell him that no problems are foreseen down the road to try and help sway his commitment? after all he is the one who said he might have committed to them long ago if not for the possible threat of sanctions.

Why do I have this feeling that they have had this NOA for a while?

A lot of that makes sense. We shall see soon!

They better at least get a couple years out of the postseason, at least a year's worth of no TV coverage, and a nice "Chapel Hill's Shame" SI special issue. Fair is fair, no?

And of course their coach has to go...AFTER he serves a "lame duck" year first of course.

Reactions: jarms24
I said in the first hour after the NOA notice was announced that if it were good news UNC-CHeats would get it out as soon as possible. Then, there was the spin on Friday that it was good news for UNC and the details would follow swiftly.

I'd think every hour that passes without the NOA being published makes it less likely its all that positive for the cheaters.

i pray that your prophecy is righteous.

IMO UNC will self impose some minor penalties, promise to be more diligent in the future, and pay some money to the NCAA. NCAA will say that's good enough.

I wonder what Emmert said about the rental cars, orthodontic mouth pieces, etc? If they choose to side skirt that it was an academic issue after all of the penalizing they have done over such things then how do they explain the extra benefits that UNC athletes have been given. I know one thing if they say academics isn't their issue then I would storm the gates of NCAA headquarters if I was Penn St. How is a criminal act any of their jurisdiction if academics isn't?

IMO UNC will self impose some minor penalties, promise to be more diligent in the future, and pay some money to the NCAA. NCAA will say that's good enough.

I'm not so sure they're even willing to do something minor, I just don't sense any contrition at all over there, I sense defiance to the extreme. The only self punishment they'll enact is to abolish pizza at the team meals.

Hope for the worst but expect a wrist slap like everyone else, it's pitiful that we all know what's gonna happen, NCAA never gets it right, past practice enough said.

not going to get any kind of hopes up, myself. That way I won't be disappointed. I hate post season bans, btw - and have nothing against the current players (even quite like Kennedy Meeks).

I don't think there is anything that can be done that would be looked at as fair less than stripping titles and wins. But like I said - no point in getting hopes up it'll happen.

At this point I have no expectations whatsoever,the NCAA will do what they do.The thing that is most certain in all of this is that whatever action the NCAA takes it probably won't make any sense to 90% of the basketball fans in the world.

Reactions: Bkocats
ADVERTISEMENT