ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheat Notice of Allegations Arrived

I have a buddy who went to UNC and is a huge UNC fan. He said they are crazy worried. For a long time they thought nothing would ever come of it but now they think they are in big trouble. He said, like Roy Williams not being coach any more + major probation type of trouble.

I have a buddy who went to UNC and is a huge UNC fan. He said they are crazy worried. For a long time they thought nothing would ever come of it but now they think they are in big trouble. He said, like Roy Williams not being coach any more + major probation type of trouble.

Don't get your hopes up. NCAA took a long time because they were working their asses off to massage this in a way that they could look like they were coming down on them without doing any real damage. UNCheat alumni are basically like organized crime. They are everywhere and they grease the right palms to get what they want.

Reactions: jarms24
I hope everyone is ready for the NCAA to hand out a slap on the wrist peantly against UNC. I hope that I am wrong. I want them to get hammered.

Just got more news on a potentially serious penalty on Roy-the dreaded 5 year show cause.

He would have to contact the NCAA for approval in order to use any of the following terms:

Gee
Golly
Gosh
Darnit
Dangit
Coca Cola
Tyler
Four
Corners
Whiz (if used after Gee)
Way
Berry
Tears
Break
Heart
Damnit
Hound Dog
Huckle
He might as well be in a medically induced coma if he has to live that way.

You wonder how harsh this is. The NCAA waited untuil the end of the national signing

I'm skeptical too. The NCAA obviously waited till after the last day to sign a LOI to drop this. They are too cozy.

That is not necessarily true. The NCAA might have given this to them 2 weeks ago and UNC just now decided to make it know that they have received the NOA.

Looks like LOIC is a given considering the NCAA has no other way to frame an issue where both students and student-athletes took the same classes.

The early Intel is all about "did specific sports get named?" and "where any players accused of being ineligible?" Because there can not be vacated wins or titles if no one is ruled ineligible. There can not be sport specific penalties, if that sport is not specifically cited in the NOA.

Right now you have one very trusted person saying men's basketball was not specifically named, no players were ineligible. Same person is also saying UNC is gonna get a huge fine from the NCAA. The big question mark in this of course is the ncaa, who is known to be a wildcard when dealing with new issues.

All that being said, people need to prepare themselves for the idea that unc's men's bball team is going to be fine. When Mary Willingham and Rashad McCants both decided to refuse the NCAA investigation interviews, that removed the two biggest accusers of men's bball from the process.

If this is the case, then every men's basketball program in America should start up a fraudulent program to funnel their dumbest players into starting yesterday. Absolutely weak and shameful investigation, but I expect nothing less from Emmert's crew, there will always be a protected teacher's pet class among the universities.

Meanwhile, our guys continue to burn it up in real classes while being derided as cheaters, and the actual cheaters get away with it. All you can do is laugh.

So Emmert couldn't wait to get out in front of the Penn State saga, yet, he'll massage this one down to the AD leaders not knowing of any illegal activities.
Oh, and note to the NCAA, did you take the time to look at any transcripts to see a pattern?

Should the NCAA allow UNC to play the postseason this year? I say HAIL NO because you abused so many and acknowledged ZERO wrongdoings.

I can hear Bubba now explaining what the definition of 'knowingly' is...........defend the undefendable at all costs.

The Friday we will know of the penalties: Christmas Day, Friday the 25th.

2 yr postseason ban
scholarships reduced to 8 for 2 years
Roy Williams suspended for 1 year
any current player can transfer without sitting out, any signed recruit let out of LOI

That's what I'd do anyway

The best way to avoid NCAA sanctions is to make the violations so huge and long-lasting that they become a university tradition, impossible to root out without erasing 20+ years of history. Non-compliance also helps to draw it out even longer (see Alabama in football).

In the end, the NCAA will just throw up its hands and issue mild sanctions in return for a large sum of cash to cover the cost of the (non-) investigation as well as a letter from UNC admitting that their efforts to award degrees to underprivileged students who just happened to be athletes were misconstrued by the media.

I'll say it one more time: the joy of waiting for this day and holding it over UNC fans' heads was far greater than whatever comes next. I hope UNC waits 90 days or more to release the report.

with all that fraud and cheating, they should get the death penalty -- but, they'll get a slap on the wrist, as usual.

I've said it before and I'm sticking with it: LOIC (entire AD, too much pressure from media on them not to) and nothing else (ie., no punishment) for men's basketball, no violations. If you actually read the reports, and not simply followed the media, this is the only conclusion you can come to. Of course, I'm prepared to eat crow and hear all kinds of bashing if it's not the case. The good news is we can finally see who's been telling the truth this whole time, me or JP, preacherfan, brianpoe, lumpy2 (just to name a few).​

You are accusing those respected posters of lying? You think JPScott is a liar too?

Three Hail Mary's and a contribution to the Hillary Campaign should be enough to get them off the hook. It is the University of North Carolina after all. Keep that in mind before you get all excited about what is coming down. Until the NCAA actually hammers them, count me as skeptical.

This is a great day for Duke basketball, we will get every player now. Welcome Giles, Tatum and Smith and who ever K wants, its great being a Duke fan, love being the top program in college basketball. UNC SUCKS LOL

This is a great day for Duke basketball, we will get every player now. Welcome Giles, Tatum and Smith and who ever K wants, its great being a Duke fan, love being the top program in college basketball. UNC SUCKS LOL
2014- Mercer 78, Duke 71
2013- Louisville 85, Duke 63
2012- Lehigh 75, Duke 70
2011- Arizona 93, Duke 77
2009- Villanova 77, Duke 54
2008- West Virginia 73, Duke 67
2007- VCU 79, Duke 77

[eyeroll]

You're trying too hard.

You seem dumb enough to be a Card fan in disguise.

I've said it before and I'm sticking with it: LOIC (entire AD, too much pressure from media on them not to) and nothing else (ie., no punishment) for men's basketball, no violations. If you actually read the reports, and not simply followed the media, this is the only conclusion you can come to. Of course, I'm prepared to eat crow and hear all kinds of bashing if it's not the case. The good news is we can finally see who's been telling the truth this whole time, me or JP, preacherfan, brianpoe, lumpy2 (just to name a few).​

Yes, because the NCAA NEVER gets it wrong. You and Duke both have carte blanche to do whatever the hell you guys want and they will sweep it under the rug, or find some arcane interpretation of a rule that lets them do nothing. But since you are going all in with this trust in the NCAA ruling, if they do surprise everyone and give you guys some kind of actual punishment, then I take it you will not have a problem with it, correct? If they were to give you guys the death penalty, not a peep, right? You know because they don't make mistakes.

[eyeroll]

You're trying too hard.

You seem dumb enough to be a Card fan in disguise.

You guys were in the stands crying with Ashley when the devils were cutting the nets down. DUKE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS KENTUCKY PUT GUYS IN THE NBA. WE WILL BEAT YOU NEXT SEASON K ALWAYS BEATS CAL LOVE IT!!1

They have 90 days to release the report which they say they are going to do after redaction. Redacting means names have been named which means individual sports have been named IMO.

Reactions: NC Weasel
You are accusing those respected posters of lying? You think JPScott is a liar too?

Not liars, they were just wrong (more than likely based their opinions off of inaccurate media rather than reading the reports themselves). Although JP did have a far-fetch belief about the Wainstein report. Like I said, we still need to wait for the NOA to be released to confirm, but the chatter around it points to the NCAA using the facts not the media "reports".

Yes, because the NCAA NEVER gets it wrong. You and Duke both have carte blanche to do whatever the hell you guys want and they will sweep it under the rug, or find some arcane interpretation of a rule that lets them do nothing. But since you are going all in with this trust in the NCAA ruling, if they do surprise everyone and give you guys some kind of actual punishment, then I take it you will not have a problem with it, correct? If they were to give you guys the death penalty, not a peep, right? You know because they don't make mistakes.

I said if they look at the facts in the reports and base their investigation off of them then there's nothing to be done to the men's basketball team (note, I keep saying men's basketball, only). If they do hammer the men's bb team then most likely I was wrong with my take on the reports. I say most likely because there's always a very slim chance the NCAA punishes them just because they feel like it, but I seriously doubt this as UNC will sue.

I said if they look at the facts in the reports and base their investigation off of them then there's nothing to be done to the men's basketball team (note, I keep saying men's basketball, only). If they do hammer the men's bb team then most likely I was wrong with my take on the reports. I say most likely because there's always a very slim chance the NCAA punishes them just because they feel like it, but I seriously doubt this as UNC will sue.
Why don't you get the hell off of our board.

Let UNC sue. Then, transcripts wil be subpoenaed. I don't think UNC wants this. In particular McCants' stellar meteoric rise from F student to the Deans List which was facilitated by Roy Williams and his hit man Wayne Walden. Please sue. Please do.

Let UNC sue. Then, transcripts wil be subpoenaed. I don't think UNC wants this. In particular McCants' stellar meteoric rise from F student to the Deans List which was facilitated by Roy Williams and his hit man Wayne Walden. Please sue. Please do.

I said the NCAA will not punish them for nothing, otherwise UNC will sue. So, if there's nothing there then do you think UNC would care if it (that is, nothing) comes out????

No, if they're hit it's because I was wrong this whole time, and there are some violations committed by the men's bb team.

UNC cannot sue the NCAA. Its a voluntary, member organization RUN by its members. Meaning UNC would be suing itself.

They have to accept the end result OR leave the club.

The NCAA isn't going to cripple them or shut them down. UNC just needs to take their medicine and move on. Bottom line.

Reactions: jarms24
i wonder if the word "institute" - in the "lack of institutional control" - is referring to sports as an insitute.

based on emmert they don't get punished. based on everything else their program is out of control on a unique scale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT