ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheat Notice of Allegations Arrived

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
InsideCarolina‏@InsideCarolina 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: #UNC Notice of Allegations has arrived from NCAA. Story: http://insideca.ro/NiwSW pic.twitter.com/e5YOogQb30

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – The University of North Carolina has received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, but will not release the details of the report until a later date, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The NCAA does not publicly announce delivery of a Notice of Allegations and member institutions are not required to release the full report. UNC is expected to announce the receipt of its NOA on Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon headed into a holiday weekend? No WAY! But it's some news that will surely head to a STRONG, FIRM, slap on the wrist...

AtomicBomb.gif

Reactions: Federal Cat
I'd be more impressed if the Department of Education levied some sort of sanctions against them for Title IV fraud

I will not believe the ncaa will do anything to Carolina till I see it. Instead they will burn some small school like Hawaii to try and get the attention away from them. They burnt southern Mississippi for violations on 2 players. If they go by this they will have to give Carolina the death penalty for 18 years and hundreds if not thousands of violations,but it will never happen.

You wonder how harsh this is. The NCAA waited untuil the end of the national signing
I will not believe the ncaa will do anything to Carolina till I see it. Instead they will burn some small school like Hawaii to try and get the attention away from them. They burnt southern Mississippi for violations on 2 players. If they go by this they will have to give Carolina the death penalty for 18 years and hundreds if not thousands of violations,but it will never happen.
I'm skeptical too. The NCAA obviously waited till after the last day to sign a LOI to drop this. They are too cozy.

You know we all hoped for a banner, but we all know that's not going to happen, but man, wouldn't it be fantastic if the NCAA gave the punishment or UNC felt as though they better give themselves a post season ban this year. Especially, in a year in which they could actually win the whole thing, i know it won't happen but i think we'd all take that in a heartbeat. The #1 ranked team going into the season by many can't play in the NCAA's[cheers]

Reactions: pisgah101
With UNC already stating they will not release any information about this today, it can't be good imo. If it were good for them then they'd go ahead and throw it out there so the haters can eat it. That's not happening and they are sitting on this until "a later date". Can't be good for them I wouldn't think.

You wonder how harsh this is. The NCAA waited untuil the end of the national signing

I'm skeptical too. The NCAA obviously waited till after the last day to sign a LOI to drop this. They are too cozy.
To protect UNC's 2015 class? A 4* SG, and a 3* PF? That's not much help.

punishment could be severe. possibly swats with nana's pillow paddle, no ipad for a week, or maybe the biggie---lashings with a wet noodle

Reactions: beaker23288
I've said it before and I'm sticking with it: LOIC (entire AD, too much pressure from media on them not to) and nothing else (ie., no punishment) for men's basketball, no violations. If you actually read the reports, and not simply followed the media, this is the only conclusion you can come to. Of course, I'm prepared to eat crow and hear all kinds of bashing if it's not the case. The good news is we can finally see who's been telling the truth this whole time, me or JP, preacherfan, brianpoe, lumpy2 (just to name a few).​

I guess we will see if the NCAA treats us all the same or they help certain institutions out.
We all know this started back in the late 80's.

I've said it before and I'm sticking with it: LOIC (entire AD, too much pressure from media on them not to) and nothing else (ie., no punishment) for men's basketball, no violations. If you actually read the reports, and not simply followed the media, this is the only conclusion you can come to. Of course, I'm prepared to eat crow and hear all kinds of bashing if it's not the case. The good news is we can finally see who's been telling the truth this whole time, me or JP, preacherfan, brianpoe, lumpy2 (just to name a few).​

Delusion is a wonderful thing. Tar Hole fans will go to their graves thinking they are pure as the driven snow. Whole world knows what a joke your school is now, so whether you guys allow yourselves to finally accept it or not is irrelevant.

That really is the barometer to see if the NCAA really has their heart in this one.

If they levy the LOIC charge, then this could get really interesting. And I don't see how you get LOIC, and no other sanctions. LOIC is what the NCAA uses to get past the 4 or 5 year statute of limitations and really start erasing the record books. If that's where they go, start saying goodbye to banners.

I'm hearing the following penalties:

11% reduction in Jordan swag for 5 years
Not allowed to accept incoming transfers for 3 years
No 5th year transfers for 2 years
Roy banned from recruiting for a number of 3 days throughout the year untill 2017.
Banned from recruiting any players named Earl or Billy untill 2018

Reactions: Federal Cat
Banned from recruiting any players named Earl or Billy untill 2018
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wonder if the NCAA cares to weigh in on the Wheels for Heels, and not just the AFAM scandal? Probably not.

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

I wonder if the NCAA cares to weigh in on the Wheels for Heels, and not just the AFAM scandal? Probably not.

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

I'd almost forgot all about their other scandals. Hairston, MacDonald and probably others getting all that swag (free use of cars, phones, illegal parking), drinking on the beach the weekend after he gets in trouble, gun thrown from car and swept under the rug. What a cesspool that school is.

Supposedly they (ncaa) gave them the allegations two or three weeks ago. I can't remember the recruit. But he said something like he was told from the coaches they had been received

Supposedly they (ncaa) gave them the allegations two or three weeks ago. I can't remember the recruit. But he said something like he was told from the coaches they had been received
Brandon Ingram

Looks like LOIC is a given considering the NCAA has no other way to frame an issue where both students and student-athletes took the same classes.

The early Intel is all about "did specific sports get named?" and "where any players accused of being ineligible?" Because there can not be vacated wins or titles if no one is ruled ineligible. There can not be sport specific penalties, if that sport is not specifically cited in the NOA.

Right now you have one very trusted person saying men's basketball was not specifically named, no players were ineligible. Same person is also saying UNC is gonna get a huge fine from the NCAA. The big question mark in this of course is the ncaa, who is known to be a wildcard when dealing with new issues.

All that being said, people need to prepare themselves for the idea that unc's men's bball team is going to be fine. When Mary Willingham and Rashad McCants both decided to refuse the NCAA investigation interviews, that removed the two biggest accusers of men's bball from the process.

Reactions: Delk#00 and JasonS.
That really is the barometer to see if the NCAA really has their heart in this one.

If they levy the LOIC charge, then this could get really interesting. And I don't see how you get LOIC, and no other sanctions. LOIC is what the NCAA uses to get past the 4 or 5 year statute of limitations and really start erasing the record books. If that's where they go, start saying goodbye to banners.

I could be wrong, but I think, after reading the reports and taking the media sensationalism into account, the entire AD will get slapped with LOIC (which will levy department-wide probation and fines (this is to please the media)), other programs might get more punishment (don't really care), but the men's basketball will not (or at least nothing significant -- no loss of wins, titles, post-season play, etc.). Not that it's the same, but the Michigan independent-study scandal a few years ago sheds light on how the NCAA looks at these things.

Looks like LOIC is a given considering the NCAA has no other way to frame an issue where both students and student-athletes took the same classes.

The early Intel is all about "did specific sports get named?" and "where any players accused of being ineligible?" Because there can not be vacated wins or titles if no one is ruled ineligible. There can not be sport specific penalties, if that sport is not specifically cited in the NOA.

Right now you have one very trusted person saying men's basketball was not specifically named, no players were ineligible. Same person is also saying UNC is gonna get a huge fine from the NCAA. The big question mark in this of course is the ncaa, who is known to be a wildcard when dealing with new issues.

All that being said, people need to prepare themselves for the idea that unc's men's bball team is going to be fine. When Mary Willingham and Rashad McCants both decided to refuse the NCAA investigation interviews, that removed the two biggest accusers of men's bball from the process.

Good post.

I could be wrong, but I think, after reading the reports and taking the media sensationalism into account, the entire AD will get slapped with LOIC (which will levy department-wide probation and fines (this is to please the media)), other programs might get more punishment (don't really care), but the men's basketball will not (or at least nothing significant -- no loss of wins, titles, post-season play, etc.). Not that it's the same, but the Michigan independent-study scandal a few years ago sheds light on how the NCAA looks at these things.
ts6JK.jpg

Just got more news on a potentially serious penalty on Roy-the dreaded 5 year show cause.

He would have to contact the NCAA for approval in order to use any of the following terms:

Gee
Golly
Gosh
Darnit
Dangit
Coca Cola
Tyler
Four
Corners
Whiz (if used after Gee)
Way
Berry
Tears
Break
Heart
Damnit
Hound Dog
Huckle

And how would you and your ilk be acting if the entire situation was UK instead of your school.
? Cal would get far less of a bye than some UK fans are giving Williams. You think ESPN would be almost radio silent as they have been? Of course you guys are going to get a slap on the wrist. Doesn't change one thing we all know actually happened. In a world where Emmert is not the head of the NCAA, and where your school was not one of the 2 teachers' pets in cbb, it would be a slam dunk "death penalty" case. So, you guys can go right along crowing about how you got away with it. You know you're boys cheated for years.

ADVERTISEMENT