ADVERTISEMENT

unc *** and ncaa lawyers try to stick it to unc ***athletes again

reignof cats

Junior
Apr 4, 2012
I find it funny that unc *** is sticking it to the former players again. Make money off them and give them no education in return. Admit classes were fake and take no responsibility in educating its student athletes. They actually claimed it was not part of the scholarship as to the quality of the education the student athletes received. No part of the contract. Carolina WAY revealed.

UNC: 'Regrettable actions' in academics don't equal legal action

The ncaa is trying to separate themselves as far as possible from Carolina. Citing it is not responsible for member institutions actions or lack thereof. I guess that is admitting that UNC *** is guilty of lack of control? Enjoy & GBB

Blows my damn mind ... if this had been UK they would have already given us the death penalty.
Death penalty and everybody in the media from the NYT to ESPN would be making it the story of the decade.

It blows my mind.

18 years of academic fraud.

The '05* banner should come down.

I thought the statement from the NCAA's attorneys sounded a lot different than what Emmert has been saying. Emmett has claimed that it is an academic matter in which the NCAA has no jurisdiction. In response to the lawsuit the attorneys state that it; "did not voluntarily assume a legal duty to ensure that academic integrity of courses offered by it's member institutions" and that it's enforcement model "creates no legal duty to prevent NCAA members from violating NCAA rules."

It sounds like they are now admitting UNC violated NCAA rules and their argument is that they cannot be held liable for the violations.

It sounds like they are now admitting UNC violated NCAA rules and their argument is that they cannot be held liable for the violations.

To go even further, Unc Cheat admitted that the classes were fake but had no responsibility in the quality of the education the student athletes received. What is the purpose of the college???????? Unc set up the afam curriculum (admit it was fake after several investigations) and then other the other side of their face claim they have no liability in funneling athletes into them for 20 years?? Legal technicalities claiming in the scholarship does not guarantee a quality education and that the scholly is not a legal contract.

Were the students oblivious to what was going on? Where were these kids parents? Obviously no one at unc cared except Mary W. It just seems for 20 years no one cared. That includes the unc coaches, ad, and admin who regularly received bonuses for academic performance. GBB

A few years ago ago a pug dog named Chester Ludlow received his MBA from Rochville University for his "life and work experience." His degree is about as valuable as an AFAM degree from UNC.

Ok, so to admit that giving fake grades is not a NCAA violation just spits in the face of all the athletes who do follow the rules.

Emmert can't wait to finger point at Penn St, but seems to think kids not going to class in Chapel Hill doesn't violate any stipulations about athletic compliance. What a complete fraud as he just exposes his biases more and more.

Where's the blowhard Bobby Knight? What hasn't he blasted the NCAA and UNC? Another fraud being paid at ESPN.

Reactions: jameslee32
Ok, so to admit that giving fake grades is not a NCAA violation just spits in the face of all the athletes who do follow the rules.

Emmert can't wait to finger point at Penn St, but seems to think kids not going to class in Chapel Hill doesn't violate any stipulations about athletic compliance. What a complete fraud as he just exposes his biases more and more.

Where's the blowhard Bobby Knight? What hasn't he blasted the NCAA and UNC? Another fraud being paid at ESPN.

Ok, how is this different from the academic fraud that the NCAA punished the unc football program for?? Am I missing something? Did unc self-report violations to sacrifice the football program and divert attention away from the basketball program??

Didn't Georgia get punished for academic violations? Did they self-report, or did the NCAA jump in and punish?

I find it funny that unc *** is sticking it to the former players again. Make money off them and give them no education in return. Admit classes were fake and take no responsibility in educating its student athletes. They actually claimed it was not part of the scholarship as to the quality of the education the student athletes received. No part of the contract. Carolina WAY revealed.

The ncaa is trying to separate themselves as far as possible from Carolina. Citing it is not responsible for member institutions actions or lack thereof. I guess that is admitting that UNC *** is guilty of lack of control? Enjoy & GBB

I must have missed this, when did UNC say that the classes were "fake"?

Ok, how is this different from the academic fraud that the NCAA punished the unc football program for?? Am I missing something? Did unc self-report violations to sacrifice the football program and divert attention away from the basketball program??

Didn't Georgia get punished for academic violations? Did they self-report, or did the NCAA jump in and punish?

UNC***s football team was punished for having a tutor do players' work and agent issues. They were not punished for fake classes taken by both football and basketball players. I believe UNC*** was still serving up fake classes while being on probation from the prior offenses.

Unc chancellor Folt said grades were handed out for classes that never met or did any work. I would call that as fake. What would you call that?? GBB

I'd like to see the actual quote, because it's hard to believe she said that. I seriously doubt she said the students didn't do any work and I seriously doubt she called the classes "fake", but, I'm assuming you've got the quotes to back it up. So, can you link them please?

Here's a quote from a New York Times article dated October 22, 2014: "The University's Chancellor, Carol L. Folt, has said that UNC has already established myriad policies to prevent a recurrence, including setting up spot checks to ensure that classes are in fact taking place."

Last edited:
If these guys get a slap on the wrist no one will be surprised. Not sure the NCAA will be able to retain what little bit of credibility it has.

Here's a quote from a New York Times article dated October 22, 2014: "The University's Chancellor, Carol L. Folt, has said that UNC has already established myriad policies to prevent a recurrence, including setting up spot checks to ensure that classes are in fact taking place."

That's far different than saying the classes were fake. The reason I'm being nit-picky is because if the classes were deemed to be fake classes, that is no credit value, then the NCAA will have to punish them for using ineligible players (imo). However, to date, no one of relevance to the investigation has called them fake, at least that I have seen.

That's far different than saying the classes were fake. The reason I'm being nit-picky is because if the classes were deemed to be fake classes, that is no credit value, then the NCAA will have to punish them for using ineligible players (imo). However, to date, no one of relevance to the investigation has called them fake, at least that I have seen.
Why would Folt need to establish policies to make sure classes were taking place if there weren't fake classes? If students were given grades for classes that didn't take place there were fake classes. She said the policies were being put in place to prevent a recurrence of what had been happening. What else would she be talking about besides fake classes?

Reactions: brianpoe
If this goes the way we all think it's going to go, how can the NCAA ever penalize anyone ever again?

Why would Folt need to establish policies to make sure classes were taking place if there weren't fake classes? If students were given grades for classes that didn't take place there were fake classes. She said the policies were being put in place to prevent a recurrence of what had been happening. What else would she be talking about besides fake classes?

The classes did in fact take place, they were taught as independent studies rather than lecture-style. However, they were listed as lecture-style courses in the course catalogues. Everything I've read calls them "irregular" classes, and says they set up procedures to make sure these irregularities are caught before anything bad happens. I'm pretty sure that is what she's talking about. However, she could've called them fake...I just haven't seen it then.

It's going to be hard to argue players were ineligible, unless you can throw out the credits obtained by taking those courses. If she comes out and calls them fake then it's pretty much the next step to throw out the credits for them.

If this goes the way we all think it's going to go, how can the NCAA ever penalize anyone ever again?

It's simple, if teams break rules then the NCAA will punish them, even UNC. There's no way the NCAA will ignore even the smallest violation in this investigation, too many in the media want to see UNC hit hard and the media is what drives this thing (a la PSU). No, if any teams at UNC escape (severe) punishment it's because there's nothing there. I expect this for Men's BB...most people here about Boxil and the soccer coach, then lump those together into UNC athletics, and then by the time it hits the pages of Dennis Dodd, Pat Forde, etc., it's morphed into the men's bb team and everyone starts thinking they committed violations.

So, short answer to your questions is that they'll continue enforcing their rules and if teams break them then they'll get penalized.

I'd like to see the actual quote, because it's hard to believe she said that. I seriously doubt she said the students didn't do any work and I seriously doubt she called the classes "fake", but, I'm assuming you've got the quotes to back it up. So, can you link them please?

Here you go Bobby. Plenty of articles out there. This is the last time I am going to point out unc ***'s position to you. Carolina Way - admit you did wrong and then implement no punishments. Try to lawyer your way out of everything. What is your school mission's statement?? GBB

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-22/unc-admits-fake-classes-for-athletes-were-widespread

Bobby can you prove the classes were real? It is not our job to prove they are fake. Unc has already agreed they were fake!!

Bobby why were members of Unc's admin fired?

Why wont the player's release their transcripts?

Why doesn't unc cheat release all of Roy's, Deans, etc emails? We have seen enough Wayne Waldens emails. See where hilliary got her strategy from. Answer and defend that.

Normally, the cover up gets you more in trouble than the actual crime. In this case, the scandal and the cover up are about equal. Biggest scam in college sports.

The burden of proof is on you Bobby to show unc is innocent at this point. How much are you getting paid an hour from the rams club? GBB

Last edited:
Just show the transcripts Bobby! Why is UNC locking these documents down? So they can protect everyone's privacy? A complete hoax in providing a REAL education and keeping kids eligible, through all sports programs in Chapel Hill.

As someone mentioned earlier, this is way worse than Harrick, and Harrick's actions prevented him from ever being a college employee again.

The NCAA's actions so far are disappointing, yet I'm sure you're thrilled with the UNC defense and millions of dollars wasted defending the abysmal administration that seems to be thinning out more and more every day.
I believe the only one left standing in one Roy Williams.

Total denial must be the best defense ever created. Clinton showed you guys how to do it then showed you how stupid you look when the evidence is exposed.

Transcripts ought to clear all of this up right?

The classes did in fact take place, they were taught as independent studies rather than lecture-style. However, they were listed as lecture-style courses in the course catalogues. Everything I've read calls them "irregular" classes, and says they set up procedures to make sure these irregularities are caught before anything bad happens. I'm pretty sure that is what she's talking about. However, she could've called them fake...I just haven't seen it then.

It's going to be hard to argue players were ineligible, unless you can throw out the credits obtained by taking those courses. If she comes out and calls them fake then it's pretty much the next step to throw out the credits for them.
She didn't say the policies were to ensure the classes were being taught in an approved manner, she said they were to ensure they were taking place. No need to establish a policy if they had already been taking place.

On top of this UNCheat/NCAA partnership you've got Lyin' Roy playing the role of victim.

InsideCarolina‏@InsideCarolina May 13
Roy Williams: “It’s been the most difficult time of my life.”

On top of this UNCheat/NCAA partnership you've got Lyin' Roy playing the role of victim.

But Roy knows everything about his players academics except for what he doesn't know.

It's simple, if teams break rules then the NCAA will punish them, even UNC. There's no way the NCAA will ignore even the smallest violation in this investigation, too many in the media want to see UNC hit hard and the media is what drives this thing (a la PSU). No, if any teams at UNC escape (severe) punishment it's because there's nothing there. I expect this for Men's BB...most people here about Boxil and the soccer coach, then lump those together into UNC athletics, and then by the time it hits the pages of Dennis Dodd, Pat Forde, etc., it's morphed into the men's bb team and everyone starts thinking they committed violations.

So, short answer to your questions is that they'll continue enforcing their rules and if teams break them then they'll get penalized.

Delusional Bobby....have you not seen the chart of bball players that took these classes? If these kids were declared ineligible because of those, you wouldn't have enough players left to field a team for your last two titles.

UNC cheats, UNC fans don't care and simply try to defend the defenseless. Total lack of integrity from a prestigious school, allowing it's reputation to be smeared for basketball. (If it was only football, volleyball, etc, UNC would self report and punish.)

At least the professors and some alumni are up in arms about it.

The average Bobby from the trailer park will take it to his grave that UNC is innocent despite players confirming it, transcripts showing it, investigations proving it, and staff admitting it.

Last edited:

The NCAA is a joke. They took 7-8 years to investigate Cuse. It's time for the Power 5 to continue discussions about disbanding from the NCAA

Here you go Bobby. Plenty of articles out there. This is the last time I am going to point out unc ***'s position to you. Carolina Way - admit you did wrong and then implement no punishments. Try to lawyer your way out of everything. What is your school mission's statement?? GBB

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-22/unc-admits-fake-classes-for-athletes-were-widespread

Bobby can you prove the classes were real? It is not our job to prove they are fake. Unc has already agreed they were fake!!

Bobby why were members of Unc's admin fired?

Why wont the player's release their transcripts?

Why doesn't unc cheat release all of Roy's, Deans, etc emails? We have seen enough Wayne Waldens emails. See where hilliary got her strategy from. Answer and defend that.

Normally, the cover up gets you more in trouble than the actual crime. In this case, the scandal and the cover up are about equal. Biggest scam in college sports.

The burden of proof is on you Bobby to show unc is innocent at this point. How much are you getting paid an hour from the rams club? GBB

Ok, so first of all no where in that article does it say UNC called the classes fake. You shouldn't post links and say it says what you wish it would say when it doesn't, people will start to ignore you.

Second, I don't need to prove the classes were real, they are already considered real classes as they count towards the students degree. Also, stop saying UNC has agreed they were fake, or provide a link that shows this. A link to an actual quote that says this, ok?

UNC fired people for the irregularities that took place (not checking courses with course descriptions, etc.) and others were fired for inappropriate behaviour (Boxil for asking for a certain grade for a prior female bb player).

Releasing the transcripts would show nothing, other than what classes players took (if those courses are deemed "faked" and no longer count then the NCAA will use the transcripts to determine eligibility).

You can't be serious asking for them to release all emails. Are you?

Finally, I'm not sure how things work where you live, but in this part of the US you're innocent until proven guilty, even if you don't like the object on trial.

So, he loses three very close friends, all in the matter of months, and you want to call him out for saying it's been a difficult time?

She didn't say the policies were to ensure the classes were being taught in an approved manner, she said they were to ensure they were taking place. No need to establish a policy if they had already been taking place.

You make it really hard to discus anything. Go back and read please.

Ok, so first of all no where in that article does it say UNC called the classes fake. You shouldn't post links and say it says what you wish it would say when it doesn't, people will start to ignore you.

Second, I don't need to prove the classes were real, they are already considered real classes as they count towards the students degree. Also, stop saying UNC has agreed they were fake, or provide a link that shows this. A link to an actual quote that says this, ok?

UNC fired people for the irregularities that took place (not checking courses with course descriptions, etc.) and others were fired for inappropriate behaviour (Boxil for asking for a certain grade for a prior female bb player).

Releasing the transcripts would show nothing, other than what classes players took (if those courses are deemed "faked" and no longer count then the NCAA will use the transcripts to determine eligibility).

Finally, I'm not sure how things work where you live, but in this part of the US you're innocent until proven guilty, even if you don't like the object on trial.

Been proven guilty by multiple sources:

Players admissions.
Transcripts.
Investigations.
Staff admissions.

Get head out of you a$$, you lack integrity and honesty. The current leadership is driving UNC's reputation down the drain for basketball. The saint that just passed away was the catalyst for it, but keep worshipping at that alter.

Been proven guilty by multiple sources:

Players admissions.
Transcripts.
Investigations.
Staff admissions.

Get head out of you a$$, you lack integrity and honesty. The current leadership is driving UNC's reputation down the drain for basketball. The saint that just passed away was the catalyst for it, but keep worshipping at that alter.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and hear from the NCAA then to see who's actually correct here. It should be soon and I think some people here are going to be upset...but they should've looked into this for themselves and not simply taken the word of others who clearly are pushing a different agenda (by the way Boxil != men's BB).

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and hear from the NCAA then to see who's actually correct here. It should be soon and I think some people here are going to be upset...but they should've looked into this for themselves and not simply taken the word of others who clearly are pushing a different agenda (by the way Boxil != men's BB).

WTF?

The players are lying?
Their transcripts are fake?
The investigation was wrong?
The staff is lying as well?

The NCAA is the ultimate arbitrator of truth?

The list of known fake classes has been made public. Reports have said the 05 team had a total of 39 enrollments in the fake classes. The transcripts would show whether the players were given grades in those classes. McCants' teammates have claimed they didn't get grades in the fake classes and UNC fans have accused McCants of lying. McCants released his transcript but his teammates have not. Until they do I'll believe McCants is the one telling the truth and until you prove otherwise, I will believe the reports that say the classes were fake.

Rider to the bottom lil Bobby Trickle, she's a sinking lie til the end my man. Your just like the rest of the scum that practice the Carolina Way. You have to understand, if this had been UK the lights would be out for a decade. You just happen to have the right people in the right spot, but even they can't avoid this mess.
Keep on lyin, we kinda like it.

ADVERTISEMENT