ADVERTISEMENT

Ulis the key to number 9

DaBossIsBack

Junior
Jun 28, 2013
I'm confident that Ulis will lead a championship team before he graduates. It's in him. You can see it and hear it in his voice. Maybe it's next year. Maybe it's the following year.its going to happen though.

Reactions: stuway
He's the type that enjoys what he's doing NOW, and I feel it's noticeable. I think the guy will leave UK with a title or two and I think Cal will owe an awful lot to him if that happens. Ulis could have just said "I don't fit the system" and gone on to a safer choice like Mich St. He chose the competition. Look at all the players that ran from it. Ulis sought it out. I think it's incredible that he, knowing cal is going to recruit the best of the best at his position, sought the competition. He's a team player. He's a different breed. Dude is a champion.

#9&10.

We really won't lose many games as long as Ulis is our PG. He's a pass first point guard with three big time scorers to feed. Not to mention Ulis is a pretty gifted scorer himself. He's so quick that he can create his own shot, he's money when he has space to shoot, has a good floater, and has shown the ability and fearlessness to finish at the rim.

Reactions: brianpoe
I agree with the above. Although everyone seems to assume he is a 4 -yr player. I'm not so sure about that. He will be able to play in the league. He isn't going to grow. Really what he mostly needs is to get stronger. Will he be strong enough a year from now, I don't know. My best guess is we have Ulis for 3 years, but would not be surprised if it's 2 or 4.

He is amazing. My favorite game of last year was against Louisville. He really showed some grit in the second half. I do think that he will be part of the equation if we are going to make another run in the tourney next year.

We really won't lose many games as long as Ulis is our PG. He's a pass first point guard with three big time scorers to feed. Not to mention Ulis is a pretty gifted scorer himself. He's so quick that he can create his own shot, he's money when he has space to shoot, has a good floater, and has shown the ability and fearlessness to finish at the rim.

Agree, it will be interesting to see if he becomes more aggressive in taking his own shot more this year.

He's the type that enjoys what he's doing NOW, and I feel it's noticeable. I think the guy will leave UK with a title or two and I think Cal will owe an awful lot to him if that happens. Ulis could have just said "I don't fit the system" and gone on to a safer choice like Mich St. He chose the competition. Look at all the players that ran from it. Ulis sought it out. I think it's incredible that he, knowing cal is going to recruit the best of the best at his position, sought the competition. He's a team player. He's a different breed. Dude is a champion.

#9&10.

If he wins at #9... he is gone.

He's ONE of the keys. Ulis is about to truly break out this year. I think he'll be the best PG in the nation and I could see him putting up big assist numbers. Like 6-8 per game. 12-13pts, 6-8asts. We have everything a championship team needs this year. Ulis is just one of those pieces.

He's ONE of the keys. Ulis is about to truly break out this year. I think he'll be the best PG in the nation and I could see him putting up big assist numbers. Like 6-8 per game. 12-13pts, 6-8asts. We have everything a championship team needs this year. Ulis is just one of those pieces.

i would assume he'll assist closer to 7-9 apg..if he get's 32-35 minutes.

Johnnyboy, I could see him hitting those numbers. However, with a 3 guard lineup and Skal being such a good passer I could see Ulis being our initiator but that "one more pass philosophy" could really take hold with this team. Thus causing his numbers to be a bit down but with the same amount of importance.

ie:

Tyler beats his man off the dribble kicks out to Briscoe whose man had to help and Murray's man racing over to Briscoe who quick passes to Murray in the corner...wide open...enfuego.

All of this because of Tyler.

Reactions: .S&C.
Don't be surprised if this is the last year we see Tyler Ulis in a UK uniform. He is currently projected in the mid 30's on draft boards. If he has a breakout season like we all expect I think he leaves, even if he doesn't hang #9.

Winning #9 would have less to do with that than anything for Ulis.It just depends on when.

False, it'll have everything to do with Ulis. What reason would he stay any longer?

His ceiling isn't changing, he can get stronger and dominate more. However, from NBA perspective nothing changes. NBA teams like him, and if he carries his team to NCAA title, they have everything they want from him already.

He didn't come here to stay and win multiple championship. He wants to get that title, and then move forward.

False, it'll have everything to do with Ulis. What reason would he stay any longer?

His ceiling isn't changing, he can get stronger and dominate more. However, from (an) NBA perspective nothing changes. NBA teams like him, and if he carries his team to (an) NCAA title, they (will) have everything they want from him already.

He didn't come here to stay and win multiple championship(s). He wants to get that title, and then move forward.

Shew still don't know what it is with you and your use/non use of plurals. Is this how you talk? If it is then I will leave you alone.

ADVERTISEMENT