ADVERTISEMENT

UKNorse vs. BigC4517

Who would win in the short term and long term?

• UKNorse

• BigC4517

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
UKNorse: Klay Thompson, Paul George, Brandon Knight, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Isaiah Thomas, Kobe Bryant, Terrence Ross, Patrick Patterson, Tyler Zeller, Mario Henzonja, Tim Hardaway Jr.

PG - Brandon Knight, Isaiah Thomas
SG - Kobe Bryant, Klay Thompson, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF - Paul Geoge, Mario Henzonja, Terrence Ross
PF- Chris Bosh, Patrick Patterson
C - Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller

vs.

BigC4517: LeBron James, Kyle Lowry, Monta Ellis, Pau Gasol, Brook Lopez, Enes Kanter, Tobias Harris, Ricky Rubio, Tony Wroten, Stanley Johnson, Jordan Hill

I feel like I have the team that can win now. I have championship pedigree on my roster with Kobe, Chris Bosh and now Klay Thompson.

BigC may have the best player in the world in Lebron James. But in my opinion he failed to surround him with the talent that can win him a championship. His team has no three point shooters which is extremely beneficial for a Lebron team to thrive on. Not to mention I have tons of two way players that can slow him down.

In my strong opinion. I have a great point guard who can shoot the three and guard the perimeter in Brandon Knight. My back up Isaiah Thomas has shown he can lead a team (Celtics) to the playoffs. Kobe and Klay are self explanatory.

Paul George is a super star along with a (Euro Kobe) Mario Henzoja coming off the bench with a proven Terrence Ross behind him,

Chris Bosh also has Championship experience and can be a stretch 4 or a inside dominant player depending on matchups.UK fans should know what PPAT brings to the table!

Tristan Thompson hopefully has shown everyone here this postseason how dominant he is on the offense boards.Just think him giving my three point shooters multiple chances to spot up! Tyler Zeller is a decent role player who can provide some offense.

I'm a big fan of Klay and I. Thomas. If Paul Geoge comes back at his former self you've got an unbelievable 1-3 there.

Yea, I looked at PPG and not 3 pt shooting; pretty nice.

I do like the amount of scoring and the pick and roll capability of Pau and Lebron.

I'm not an NBA guri, but I like the idea of Rubio, Ellis/Wroten, Lebron, Harris, and Pau/Lopez

Tight race here, LeBron may be the deciding factor for a lot of people.

bigc probably gets the first or second title in our hypothetical the way lebron is playing these days. norse probably gets the other maybe. george/thompson/bosh/kobe is sick. i'd thought with bosh and kobe that norse's future wouldn't be as bright as bigc's, but norse's perimeter i like more moving forward. mainly because of klay thompson. he sticks out to me when ranking the perimeters moving forward.

i did vote for norse last night iirc. but bigc has a lead, and with lebron and a decent roster has at least one of the next three titles or two of the next five imo. is it possible to lose the round but win the competition lol?

i think having james was actually going to be a difficult draft in terms of chemistry/direction. i thought you did great bigc. james literally does everything. he really has no "robyn" imo. very hard to get the right mix with a player like that.

i gave extra points for norse getting kobe fyi, i talked about that in the draft thread. i thought it was gutsy and could maybe get him a title year 1-2. both george and kobe coming off injuries, i guess you bet one of them to come back strong and ready to start winning again. idk but good job both imo.

Yea... this was a bad matchup for me purely because of the Lebron factor. Although you can make that argument with anyone!

I hope the voters see that I still have a team that can compete with this squad :)

UKNorse: Klay Thompson, Paul George, Brandon Knight, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Isaiah Thomas, Kobe Bryant, Terrence Ross, Patrick Patterson, Tyler Zeller, Mario Henzonja, Tim Hardaway Jr.

PG - Brandon Knight, Isaiah Thomas
SG - Kobe Bryant, Klay Thompson, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF - Paul Geoge, Mario Henzonja, Terrence Ross
PF- Chris Bosh, Patrick Patterson
C - Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller

vs.

BigC4517: LeBron James, Kyle Lowry, Monta Ellis, Pau Gasol, Brook Lopez, Enes Kanter, Tobias Harris, Ricky Rubio, Tony Wroten, Stanley Johnson, Jordan Hill

Wow. This one is close. BigC has Lebron. A very good PG in Lowry. Pau and Lopez can play offense, but that is a horrifically bad frontcourt defensively, even from the bench (Kanter is one of the worst defensive bigs in the league). Such an offensive powerhouse, though. Good wing versatility. Not a huge Stanley Johnson fan, but he's probably a solid starter in 5 years. SG is weak. I like Ellis, but not necessarily on this team. He needs the rock to be effective.

UKNorse has a much better balanced roster, but a lot of injury bounce backs. Kobe (eh, Klay is your SG and Kobe is bench material... good bench material, but still). Bosh (hope he comes back fine). PG13 is a good matchup for Lebron if healthy. Those centers, though. Thompson doesn't protect the rim very well.

UKNorse has the edge in youth/upside - Knight, Thomas, Klay, PG13, Thompson > Kanter, Harris, Wroten, and Johnson.

I see a lot of layups and easy buckets. Coin toss to me. 125 to 123.

Yup in this draft we are "assuming" everyone comes back healthy. I do agree with all your points.

I had Kobe, Klay interchangeable. Realistically I would need to keep Kobe starting but I would have Klay playing more minutes every game.

Does anyone want to discuss teams.... all these other threads are active but this one lol

ADVERTISEMENT