ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Western @ 7:00...

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Cats travel to the Bowling Green Ballpark to take on the Hilltoppers tonight. UK comes in at 15-8, while WKU is 12-10. Cats can use a good mid-week win for morale and won-lost record for possible post season play.

UK plated 3 in the top of the first, but WKU has scored 6 unanswered runs and its now 6-3 in the bottom of the 4th. WKU chased Zach Logue in the 3rd.

Western now up big 12-3 in the 6th, quite discouraging performance by UK. Our pitching staff leaves a lot to be desired !

This year's trip to the Bowling Green Ballpark to face WKU is turning into a trip to the woodshed. 12-3 Western.

I guess last weekend was a false sense of hope. We're flat out embarrassing tonight. Pitiful

12-3 final. UK continues to struggle badly against WKU in games played in BG.

As much as I hate to say this but last year's team and AJ Reed really screwed us. Henderson can recruit but can't coach a lick.

Ouchtown, population us.
frown.r191677.gif

Well, I don't think that Logue is going to be the answer in our mid-week. What is up with Andrew Nelson? It is pretty rare that a guy is a weekend starter in one season only to lose, and then not even be a mid-week starter the next season. Also pretty strange that Zeigler pitched just 6 innings last year and struggled in those 6 innings and yet we've tried to use him extensively this season, starting him in 3 games already. Also kind of weird that Blake Oyler got his first look at action today. I know it was in a blow out, still seems kind of late to be giving guys their first action. Also, Dwyer has had a pretty good ERA this season and yet we've seemingly only used him somewhat sparingly. Not that I trust Dwyer to be a great stopper, but he's done all right with his 12 winnings giving up just 3 earned runs. Anyway, I think I am just ranting. haha

These Mid-Week losses will come back to haunt UK if they happen to be a bubble team at the end of the season.
Highly unlikely because the Batcats are headed to a losing year. WE play LSU(22-3) and Texas AM(25-1) the next two weekends and our 2-4 SEC record could wind up being 2-10 after 12 games. Better hope for rain the next two weekends.

We have a pitching coach as the head man, have a lineup with no power hitters and manage multiple errors each and every game??!!!

What vision does Henderson have for this team? If you go small ball, not many gap/power hitters then your lineup better be defensively sound...its not.

He doesn't have an identity or philosophy on building a team IMO.

Originally posted by Tskware:
We are no. 3 . . . in the state of Kentucky!! Wee-Oh
Normally wouldn't put much stock into mid week games - EKU gave UL all they wanted in a couple games...but this year, we just aren't very good. Not offensively, defensively or pitching wise.

So #3 in state could be correct, but may not be...could be better or worse if an actual weekend series was played vs EKU/WKU/MURRAY

Another thing that they're succeptible to is the long ball. They got up 6-0 today vs MSU and 2 2 run HR's by MSU has cut the lead to 2. The mgr/pitching coach is just not getting it done.

ADVERTISEMENT