ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Hogs (Sun)...

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Kyle Cody gets the start, don't have a lot of confidence in Kyle right now, hope he proves me wrong. We need every SEC win possible !

Cats need to find a way to get a W today for the series win. SEC schedule is so tough, so UK really needs to hold its own with teams like Arkansas, UT, etc. that aren't as overpowering as others.

So what's the story re Kyle Cody. Had a very promising freshman campaign, was injured and up and down last year with the very rough outing in the NCAA opener, before rebounding for a good summer in the cape cod league. Was hoping he'd be in that form this season, but has seemingly struggled. Is he injured again?

I have to say, over the years we've had a lot of guys go to the cape and pitch extremely well and yet they return to Lexington only to struggle. I don't know of they benefit from the wood bats or if it's poor management but there is definitely something wrong there.

They have got to make a change for Sunday's starter, keeping Cody in there is assine. Use Dwyer or Logue, Nelson, Salow, just somebody. We have had chances to win 2 or 3 more SEC games, which could be the difference in post season or not !

Cody is having such down year that he can't even pitched in mid-week games. I would pu him in the pen and use him for 1 or 2 batters in match-up situations. Logue pitched well today, let him start next Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT