ADVERTISEMENT

UK Volleyball 2023 season thread

WildcatfaninOhio

All-American
May 22, 2002
Milford, OH (originally from Covington, KY)
The volleyball Schedule has been posted, showing TV networks and start times. First televised game is Friday, September 1st at 7pm on SEC Network. UK vs Pitt from Rupp Arena. Home games will be played in Rupp while they renovate Memorial Coliseum.

UK is # 10 in preseason rankings. And, for those that may not already know, Madison Lilley has been added to the coaching staff. Madison was a 4 year starter, and the setter on the 2020 national championship team. Madison also recently got engaged to former UK basketball player, Nate Sestina.

Well, that sucks! Last night’s match against Pitt was scheduled to be broadcast on SEC Network, which of course is part of ESPN. And doesn’t it figure that I have Spectrum Cable which is in a dispute with ESPN over broadcast fees, so my DVR recorded two hours of nothing since the two parties are in a stalemate.

Equally sucky is that UK lost in 3 straight sets to fall to 1-2 on the season.

• Sad
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Well, that sucks! Last night’s match against Pitt was scheduled to be broadcast on SEC Network, which of course is part of ESPN. And doesn’t it figure that I have Spectrum Cable which is in a dispute with ESPN over broadcast fees, so my DVR recorded two hours of nothing since the two parties are in a stalemate.

Equally sucky is that UK lost in 3 straight sets to fall to 1-2 on the season.
You didn't miss much. They play Pitt again tomorrow and it's the same thing. It's on ACC Network.

UK vs Louisville televised Wednesday September 13 at 8pm on ESPN. Hopefully our team can right the ship. They’ve struggled so far and go into this match with a 2-4 record.
University of Louisville volleyball started its biggest week of the young season with one of its best efforts of the season. The 2nd-ranked Cardinals were in control throughout a 3-set triumph over 12th-ranked Penn State Sunday afternoon at L&N Arena.

They host 19th-ranked Kentucky Wednesday at 8:00 pm and then 5th-ranked Stanford Sunday at 1 pm. Both of those matches are at the KFC Yum! Center.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Louisville has better players, a ton more talent, and girls that have a lot of moxy. I just don’t get the sense this UK team has enough players on the squad that can compete at an elite level. They won a national title and honestly the program has dropped significantly talent wise especially at DS and at the Pins.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Reactions: GeraldV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT