ADVERTISEMENT

UK-U of L Game

cats1068

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2008
The UK-U of L game will be on ESPN3 tonight at 6:00. On the ESPN watch app, it will be ESPN3, not the SEC network. Which is good news for us TWC subscribers who can't get the SEC network + on the app.

This post was edited on 4/8 12:13 PM by cats1068

This post was edited on 4/8 12:14 PM by cats1068

Louisville is pretty hot right now. They swept 15th ranked Virginia this weekend and are currently 14-1 in the ACC. I believe they are also 14-1 in their last 15 games, with the only loss coming to Indiana. Looks like Louisville will have freshman Sean Leland on the mound, his ERA is a remarkable 1.06 and UK will have Andrew Nelson (4.40 ERA). Leland has only started one game for the Cardinals, which was a 5-3 win against Ole Miss back on March 10th. Kidston (5.88 ERA) seems to be their typical weekday starter. Leland last pitched to close out the Friday game against Virginia.

On a personal level... I am extremely jealous of the Cardinals baseball program. I hate to say it, but looking at their stats and their program is just amazing. I mean just looking at their domination of Virginia this weekend is enough to see that they are a heck of a team and a program. In every game this weekend their starters went at least to the 7th inning. They probably could have used just 2 pitchers in every game, but used Burdi, an elite closer, in the last inning of the last game, and they may not have even had to use him in a 4-0 win. It just sickens me that they have improved their program so much while ours continues to be stagnant. Again, our coach is supposed to be a pitching guru and yet we haven't had 3 guys as good as the top 3-4 Cards pitchers in the last 5 years, and they have them all one one team at one time. They always seem to have an excellent mid-week starter, and that is key to getting into the post season and having a deep run. I have to stop thinking about it... it is depressing me.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Louisville is pretty hot right now. They swept 15th ranked Virginia this weekend and are currently 14-1 in the ACC. I believe they are also 14-1 in their last 15 games, with the only loss coming to Indiana. Looks like Louisville will have freshman Sean Leland on the mound, his ERA is a remarkable 1.06 and UK will have Andrew Nelson (4.40 ERA). Leland has only started one game for the Cardinals, which was a 5-3 win against Ole Miss back on March 10th. Kidston (5.88 ERA) seems to be their typical weekday starter. Leland last pitched to close out the Friday game against Virginia.

On a personal level... I am extremely jealous of the Cardinals baseball program. I hate to say it, but looking at their stats and their program is just amazing. I mean just looking at their domination of Virginia this weekend is enough to see that they are a heck of a team and a program. In every game this weekend their starters went at least to the 7th inning. They probably could have used just 2 pitchers in every game, but used Burdi, an elite closer, in the last inning of the last game, and they may not have even had to use him in a 4-0 win. It just sickens me that they have improved their program so much while ours continues to be stagnant. Again, our coach is supposed to be a pitching guru and yet we haven't had 3 guys as good as the top 3-4 Cards pitchers in the last 5 years, and they have them all one one team at one time. They always seem to have an excellent mid-week starter, and that is key to getting into the post season and having a deep run. I have to stop thinking about it... it is depressing me.
CB3...Did you know that this is the only game they charge admission for all year...My guess is they will embarrass the Cats today even though I think we have beaten them 4 of the last 5...

I have heard that, and I suppose that they need to have a free entrance to some degree. UK's average attendance at home this year is reported to be 1,717 and UL's at home average is 1,066. Last year UL went to the CWS and despite that they averaged 1,856 per home game. UK had a solid year and went to the UL regional and still managed over 2,000 at home. If you think about it, their attendance was even probably greatly boosted by the run to the CWS. They played all of their post season games at home. Those games drew in 3488; 3341; 4319 (UK game); 5351; and 6007. Their total attendance at home for the year was 76,000 and change. 25,000 and change of that came from just those two post season weekends. Their average drops from 1,865 per game to 1,489 per game if you don't count the post season. So, their regular season attendance, in a very good year, was not extremely impressive. By the way, something crazy is that last year UK only played 27 home games while Louisville played 41.

Still, regardless of their attendance, they have an outstanding team year in and year out. They have been to the CWS 3 times since 2007 and have won at least 40 games every year since then with the exception of 2011. They have also made the NCAA tournament every year except 2011. That puts us to shame.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
I have heard that, and I suppose that they need to have a free entrance to some degree. UK's average attendance at home this year is reported to be 1,717 and UL's at home average is 1,066. Last year UL went to the CWS and despite that they averaged 1,856 per home game. UK had a solid year and went to the UL regional and still managed over 2,000 at home. If you think about it, their attendance was even probably greatly boosted by the run to the CWS. They played all of their post season games at home. Those games drew in 3488; 3341; 4319 (UK game); 5351; and 6007. Their total attendance at home for the year was 76,000 and change. 25,000 and change of that came from just those two post season weekends. Their average drops from 1,865 per game to 1,489 per game if you don't count the post season. So, their regular season attendance, in a very good year, was not extremely impressive. By the way, something crazy is that last year UK only played 27 home games while Louisville played 41.

Still, regardless of their attendance, they have an outstanding team year in and year out. They have been to the CWS 3 times since 2007 and have won at least 40 games every year since then with the exception of 2011. They have also made the NCAA tournament every year except 2011. That puts us to shame.
My understanding is that Jim Patterson(founder of Rally's) who was the main donor in the building of JPS wanted it that way...Why I don't eat Rally's
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/8 8:40 PM by sluggercatfan

ADVERTISEMENT