ADVERTISEMENT

UK ratings all over the place depending on the service

Puts us at an average of 18. That tells me that 1 game is being given equal weight to the other 10. Throw that game out entirely, neither a win or loss, like it was cancelled…here’s something I’d leave up to our numbers man Aike, but I’d guess we’d be no lower than 8 on any of these.
I'd like to see teh computer models throw out the highest and lowest scoring (per their system, not ppg) game of the season. Eliminate the outliers and run the numbers.

Reactions: BigKari
Lol I was quoting a recruiting website. Why so irrational and defensive? You might want to learn how make a rational and nuanced argument. It’s okay for everything about UK bball not to be perfect.

Are you Billy Richmond? If so I’m rooting for you to prove those recruiting evaluators wrong!!! They don’t know everything.
looks like you "quoted" after the statement... and now trying to deflect off and gaslight... excellent work
It's a shame people can just own up, to a fvck up

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
looks like you "quoted" after the statement... and now trying to deflect off and gaslight... excellent work
It's a shame people can just own up, to a fvck up
f up? Huh? How do you f up on a sports message board? Lol. You take this too seriously. Nothing was after the fact. Just referencing 247. Otherwise how would I know he can’t shout. You obviously have a problem with any UK criticism. You take it personally because of insecurity and low self esteem.

Puts us at an average of 18. That tells me that 1 game is being given equal weight to the other 10. Throw that game out entirely, neither a win or loss, like it was cancelled…here’s something I’d leave up to our numbers man Aike, but I’d guess we’d be no lower than 8 on any of these.
Throwing out that game would help but every team will have games like that to one degree or another. Play well the rest of the season and it pretty much comes out in the wash.

Nothing we can do about the arbitrary Quad 3 classification. Kind of like speed limits, the committee will use it against you if they feel like it and ignore it when it suits them.

The only one that interests me is the Kenpom.

The last non 20/20 team to win the National title was UConn back in 2014. It's the only time since 2002 when kenpom started keeping track. Kentucky is currently 47th in defense. UConn that season was 39th in offense.
Small quibble, it’s actually 25/25, which fits in Baylor ‘21.

Another important point, it’s 25/25 after the tournament is over. To some degree it’s a self-fulfilling prophesy, because the teams that keep winning usually keep improving throughout.

It’s a great metric though. Any teams who are 25/25 heading in should be on the short list of potential champs. I just wouldn’t rule out teams who are 25/50 or so.

if we end up with 4-5 losses we will be a 1-2 seed
This sounds reasonable though again it’s hard to know in a vacuum without comparing other resumes.

I think Purdue and Zona will be locks for 1 seeds based on currrent resume and most importantly upcoming conference schedules. Big 10 and PAC 12 are down and won’t offer much resistance.

And then it will become a cluster of teams. Houston has to play a big 12 schedule so they won’t be able to “con” their way to a high seed. Too many tough games. But maybe them or Kansas establishes themselves as the class of the league and grabs a 1 seed for winning the nations toughest conference.

Then maybe UCONN and Marquette go through the same process in the Big East:

Lol I was quoting a recruiting website. Why so irrational and defensive? You might want to learn how make a rational and nuanced argument. It’s okay for everything about UK bball not to be perfect.

Are you Billy Richmond? If so I’m rooting for you to prove those recruiting evaluators wrong!!! They don’t know everything.

Ohhhh, so you were quoting a recruiting site but didn't mention it anywhere in the post, then said I was lying.

What an a$$. But you're a fan of a completely irrelevant school so I won't waste any more time. Looks like your forum has one post since October. lol! smh

Last edited:
The polls don't measure the same things. Some -- the Katz poll, for example -- want to reflect the current strength of the team. Other polls want to evaluate how the team has fared against its schedule.

But that is quite a spread.

f up? Huh? How do you f up on a sports message board? Lol. You take this too seriously. Nothing was after the fact. Just referencing 247. Otherwise how would I know he can’t shout. You obviously have a problem with any UK criticism. You take it personally because of insecurity and low self esteem.

Show @Blueaz where 247 said he "can't shoot at all". They never said it, you did.

Be a man and admit you are here to be passive agressive since you hate UK and your team NEVER gives you anything to cheer about.

Ohhhh, so you were quoting a recruiting site but didn't mention it anywhere in the post, then said I was lying.

What an a$$. But you're a fan of a completely irrelevant school so I won't waste any more time. Looks like your forum has one post since October. lol! smh
You angry about something other than this thread, lol.

You’re unhinged. They make gummies to help you relax. Wont help your intellectual deficiencies though.

Go Cats!

You angry about something other than this thread, lol.

You’re unhinged. They make gummies to help you relax. Wont help your intellectual deficiencies though.

Go Cats!

Nobody here is unhinged. You're exactly who I thought you were - a passive aggresive Iowa fan that would like nothing more than to get UK fans banned from their own site.

Intellectual defecincies?

IOWA stands for Idiots out Walking Around so I must laugh at you.

Nobody here is unhinged. You're exactly who I thought you were - a passive aggresive Iowa fan that would like nothing more than to get UK fans banned from their own site.

Intellectual defecincies?

IOWA stands for Idiots out Walking Around so I must laugh at you.
You prove my point with every reply. Which is why it’s fun to provoke and expose you.

That acronym is sooo clever. I stand corrected. It takes intellectual horsepower to come up with that.

Here's an @IowaMuse post from the football board literally within a few days of joining this site. A straight up troll trying to kick UK fans when they are down ......while accusing others of low intellect. [roll]

IoawMuse said"

A terribly disappointing and underachieving season, losing your NFL 1st round QB, recruiting in a lull, Cal comments and the immature Stoops response, new Auburn AD with KY ties..,

Feels like this is the year. Right?

Reactions:Girthang, jameslee32, bryanlewis6402 and 1 other person

Reactions: RunninRichie
#4 - Katz's Power 36
#8 - AP Poll
#11 - CBS
#19 - Kenpom
#20 - Massey
#27 - NET
#37- RPI
Because our strength of schedule is not good, so our sample is not good. Throw in the home loss to UNCW and nobody knows what to expect the rest of the year.

Here's an @IowaMuse post from the football board literally within a few days of joining this site. A straight up troll trying to kick UK fans when they are down ......while accusing others of low intellect. [roll]

IoawMuse said"

A terribly disappointing and underachieving season, losing your NFL 1st round QB, recruiting in a lull, Cal comments and the immature Stoops response, new Auburn AD with KY ties..,

Feels like this is the year. Right?

Reactions:Girthang, jameslee32, bryanlewis6402 and 1 other person
Hahaha. Ioaw.Muse.

You can’t even do investigative work properly. Have you actually read my past UK bball posts? Or only the ones that make you insecure? How old are you?

Here's another post and another UK calling him out. He was called out as a troll by no less than 10 UK fans that day but keep right on playing his game as trolling other team's message boards only shows his intellectual defeciency's. [laughing]

UK will be ranked higher and beat UF last year and still goes in as underdogs with most UK fans anticipating a loss…does this mean UK is, in fact, a basketball school?

UKfan reponse:

I'm not new here, but new to posting. Your a troll no doubt about it. Get lost loser..... most UK fans are not anticipating a loss either. So tune in Saturday and we will show you why. Asshole.

• Wow
Here's another post and another UK calling him out. He was called out as a troll by no less than 10 UK fans that day but keep right on playing his game as trolling other team's message boards only shows his intellectual defeciency's. [laughing]

UKfan reponse:

I'm not new here, but new to posting. Your a troll no doubt about it. Get lost loser..... most UK fans are not anticipating a loss either. So tune in Saturday and we will show you why. Asshole.
Lord you can’t spell worth a lick either. And not even big words.

Repost every one of my posts. Why won’t you? Because your accusation of trolling would be disproven.

Let me know when one of your posts is intelligent or nuanced or remotely compelling. I’m waiting.

• Wow
Lord you can’t spell worth a lick either. And not even big words.

Repost every one of my posts. Why won’t you? Because your accusation of trolling would be disproven.

Let me know when one of your posts is intelligent or nuanced or remotely compelling. I’m waiting.
Rise above...one of ya. What difference does it make at the end of the day?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I see that too but when I look at the teams ranked above us, I don't see one there that I think is better than us, right now. Sure, we could lose to just about anybody but we're playing about as well as anybody and it's still December. We'll see what happens but if we stay healthy, I think we are the best team in college bball and will only get better. I keep saying this but defense is where it's at. We have to improve that part of our game, a lot. It'll carry us sooner or later, if we get it together. If we don't, it'll bite us.

With our depth and rim protectors, I'd love to see us press the balls off of teams...at least a lot more and more aggressively. But we're not ready for that yet.
Your first few sentences sums up college basketball pretty well. It's the hardest title in all of sports to win, and the best team usually doesn't win it. The one loss and done scenario is hard to achieve. We could of played Wisconsin ten times in 15 and that might of been the only time they would of won. They played lights out that night and we were off. Probably would of had two or three more titles with Cal in a best of seven scenario.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Your first few sentences sums up college basketball pretty well. It's the hardest title in all of sports to win, and the best team usually doesn't win it. The one loss and done scenario is hard to achieve. We could of played Wisconsin ten times in 15 and that might of been the only time they would of won. They played lights out that night and we were off. Probably would of had two or three more titles with Cal in a best of seven scenario.
Can't disagree much except to say that I think Wisconsin was better than that. Ii think if we played 10x we win half. Doesn't matter now, though. They were better on that night. Sucked! They were a good ball team though. We didn't get beat by St Whoever in that game.

It’s so true and why I think conference titles and conference tourney titles and other big wins or accomplishments should be celebrated. It can’t be ncaa title or bust. If it were like college baseball and somehow it were double elimination then maybe UK would have more titles and it would be more “legitimate.”

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
It’s so true and why I think conference titles and conference tourney titles and other big wins or accomplishments should be celebrated. It can’t be ncaa title or bust. If it were like college baseball and somehow it were double elimination then maybe UK would have more titles and it would be more “legitimate.”
IDK...it's still about the titles too. The best has to be good enough to overcome that on occasion, to stay the best. But yes, it's a lot different when it's a one game, win or go home deal. Luck favors the prepared. We've got the pieces this year. If we get better on D, we control "most" of our own luck. Exciting year, imho.

Reactions: IowaMuse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT