ADVERTISEMENT

UK Players in the NFL

Surprised to see Lindley inactive. He was getting good review out of camp. And happy for Corey Peters...He deserves it. Hope Micah, Alfonso, Sam Maxwell, as well as Andre Woodson get another shot to get on an active roster.

Fran Curci put a lot e ky kids in the pros. He had seven AA on one team. Claybourne had a lot of great players as well. This list in good but not even close to having all of the greats on it. Hoe can we not have Jeff Vann Note on this list, Art Still, Jerry Blanton, Sonny Collins, Dreek Ramsey, Sam Ball, Dave Hardt, Frank Lemaster, Pete Gimmil, Roger Byrd, Doug Kotar, and on and on.

This thread is just about current Cats in the NFL. I agree an all time list would be much longer but this is just designed to follow the ones currently in the league.

Originally posted by footballcat:
Fran Curci put a lot e ky kids in the pros. He had seven AA on one team. Claybourne had a lot of great players as well. This list in good but not even close to having all of the greats on it. Hoe can we not have Jeff Vann Note on this list, Art Still, Jerry Blanton, Sonny Collins, Dreek Ramsey, Sam Ball, Dave Hardt, Frank Lemaster, Pete Gimmil, Roger Byrd, Doug Kotar, and on and on.

I didn't watch the game but on the highlights I heard Lindley mentioned as recovering a critical fumble, so he must be playing. Who else is actually playing and for what teams, started to try to catch Jarmon the other night but he was out injured.

Geez, guys, I thought this was a great idea, but my post is the last one in weeks. I don't follow the NFL at all any more except to try to follow ex UK players if it is easy, some of you guys must have SOME news about someone doing something good, Is Micah still on the practice squad, is Jarmon still injured, are Woodyard, Peters, Lindley, and Conner doing good, what happened to Johnson's and Tammy's surge, has Burton had any more tryouts, surely someone knows something, surely some of the marginal players will get another look somewhere.

Originally posted by cashshark:
same difference but masthay is a Punter for the Packers rather than kicker. He figures to make the team but we'll see come 6 est

Tim has had a great year punting for around 44 + y/g. He is listed as the backup kicker and he is the only holder listed for PAt's and Field goals. Tim has worked himself into a good job for the future.
smilie1.gif

This tracker is proof of our past woes in recruiting and how much we have possibly overacheived in the past 5 years. Just some food for thought and may stimulate some discussion. Here are the results for SEC schools on the tracker re: total number of pros. Hopefully I didn't miscount.

SEC WEST
1. LSU with 52 pros
2. Auburn - 31
3. Alabama - 28
4. Ole miss - 28
5. Arkansas - 19
6. MSU - 17

EAST
1. Georgia - 42
2. Slimmeessee - 41
3. Florida - 38
4. SC - 21
5. Vandy - 14
6. UK - 13

Since UK has had EIGHT four star commits in the past four years (including Boyd AND Goode) and has put 13 players in the NFL I think that is an excellent ratio compared to Florida, which has had SIXTY TWO four star PLUS nineteen FIVE stars in the same five years. Since MOST five stars like Harvin, Demps, Tebow, etc should be mostly expected to make the league Florida has probably only put about 26 four stars in compared to UK's 13, or twice as many when they have had about EIGHT times as many four stars commit. Maybe Dawson and a few more recruits should consider that.

Originally posted by heydoublebubble:
This tracker is proof of our past woes in recruiting and how much we have possibly overacheived in the past 5 years. Just some food for thought and may stimulate some discussion. Here are the results for SEC schools on the tracker re: total number of pros. Hopefully I didn't miscount.

SEC WEST
1. LSU with 52 pros
2. Auburn - 31
3. Alabama - 28
4. Ole miss - 28
5. Arkansas - 19
6. MSU - 17

EAST
1. Georgia - 42
2. Slimmeessee - 41
3. Florida - 38
4. SC - 21
5. Vandy - 14
6. UK - 13

I guess you could say that shows we haven't recruited as well as our SEC counterparts - although I think most of us knew that. Not sure where the connection is with overachievement. Please explain.

Player Position Team
Cobb, Randall WR Green Bay Packers
Conner, John RB New York Jets
Jarmon, Jeremy DE Denver Broncos
Johnson, Micah LB Kansas City Chiefs
Johnson, Steve WR Buffalo Bills
Kelley, Braxton LB Denver Broncos
Lindley, Trevard DB Philadelphia Eagles
Locke, Derrick RB Philadelphia Eagles
Masthay, Tim P Green Bay Packers
Pakulak, Glenn P Oakland Raiders
Peters, Corey DT Atlanta Falcons
Pryor, Myron DT New England Patriots
Smith, Alfonso RB Arizona Cardinals
Tamme, Jacob TE Indianapolis Colts
Williams, Garry T Carolina Panthers
Woodyard, Wesley LB Denver Broncos

This is an attempt at an updated list. CBS sports has us w/ these 16 as of today, Monday 8/8/11. This does not show Dequin Evans, DE (Bengals), Chris Matthews, WR (Browns), Ricky Lumpkin, DT (Chiefs) or Mike Hartline, QB (Colts). That would give us 20 Total, which sounds a lot better than 12 or 13 or whatever we were listed at before. On that note, other SEC schools do a better job of promoting their current NFL players than we do, putting out a list going into training camp vs. opening day (like UK does). Now, they have the higher #'s showing when it comes to listing NFL players which does actually help in recruiting. Anyhow, GO CATS!! & GO CATS in the NFL!!

Originally posted by Blue&White51:
Player Position Team
Johnson, Micah LB Kansas City Chiefs
Kelley, Braxton LB Denver Broncos
Locke, Derrick RB Philadelphia Eagles
Pakulak, Glenn P Oakland Raiders
Williams, Garry T Carolina Panthers

This is an attempt at an updated list. CBS sports has us w/ these 16 as of today, Monday 8/8/11. This does not show Dequin Evans, DE (Bengals), Chris Matthews, WR (Browns), Ricky Lumpkin, DT (Chiefs) or Mike Hartline, QB (Colts). That would give us 20 Total, which sounds a lot better than 12 or 13 or whatever we were listed at before. On that note, other SEC schools do a better job of promoting their current NFL players than we do, putting out a list going into training camp vs. opening day (like UK does). Now, they have the higher #'s showing when it comes to listing NFL players which does actually help in recruiting. Anyhow, GO CATS!! & GO CATS in the NFL!!

If you look at that list of sixteen, it should be pretty obvious where the overachievement comes in. There are TWO four stars on that list (both from in state) ,with THIRTEEN two stars and three three stars, and two of the three stars got their third late (Tamme rejected by Morris and Cobb after a late UT offer, maybe damage control). Woodyard was a three star but not heavily recruited.

The other four included two four stars, but both were JC transfers, and includes a two star and a three star QB that couldn't throw the ball ten yards. LOL

Compare that to Florida, with 62 four star and 19 FIVE star commits (you DO know a lot of their names) over five years, or Georgia with 49 four star commits over a four year span.
This post was edited on 8/13 5:41 AM by jauk11

Micah probably blew it with the chiefs saturday. He was already pretty low on the depth chart but when he jumped off sides on 3rd and 4 and gave St.Louis a first down, he gave the chiefs every reason to doubt his mental makeup.

What's the updated numbers for Cats in the NFL with all the cuts. Someone run the list.

Has Cal put more Cats in the league than Joker and Brooks?

Vanderbilt has more impact players in the league than UK.

we have had the talent at skilled positions..it is just that there is no depth to that talent.

I wonder if Hartline will gets some clock if painter and collins goes down...or do the colts go after kurt warner? lol

Originally posted by heydoublebubble:

SEC WEST
1. LSU with 52 pros
2. Auburn - 31
3. Alabama - 28
4. Ole miss - 28
5. Arkansas - 19
6. MSU - 17

EAST
1. Georgia - 42
2. Slimmeessee - 41
3. Florida - 38
4. SC - 21
5. Vandy - 14
6. UK - 13

Seems the rankings of the divisions follow this list pretty closely. If you can recruit, you can win. Period.

I have posted this before, but according to my numbers UK actually does a better job of getting players into the NFL per their recruiting rankings than probably anyone not named Vandy (their players cheat by being smart). I researched UK's opponents last year for the previous four years and the AVERAGE number of four stars committed to UK's opponents the previous four years was THIRTY NINE (including the two Misses, both in the 20's, ALL of MSU's from in state). The USC team that Joker beat had forty four stars and two five stars the previous four years. That was minus Vandy, of course. Florida had SIXTY ONE four stars and NINETEEN five stars in five years, you know like our last one, Couch, last century. Did Couch make a difference?

Very few of the fans appreciate the recruiting obsstacles UK faces, in state talent and UK support being the two biggest, OR the FACT that Joker's coaches are improving our talent the only way possible without cheating with his resources and backing---slowly but surely. A breakout year where we get all the breaks for a change is badly needed, we have come close recently and we are getting closer.

Originally posted by jauk11:
I have posted this before, but according to my numbers UK actually does a better job of getting players into the NFL per their recruiting rankings than probably anyone not named Vandy (their players cheat by being smart). I researched UK's opponents last year for the previous four years and the AVERAGE number of four stars committed to UK's opponents the previous four years was THIRTY NINE (including the two Misses, both in the 20's, ALL of MSU's from in state). The USC team that Joker beat had forty four stars and two five stars the previous four years. That was minus Vandy, of course. Florida had SIXTY ONE four stars and NINETEEN five stars in five years, you know like our last one, Couch, last century. Did Couch make a difference?

Very few of the fans appreciate the recruiting obsstacles UK faces, in state talent and UK support being the two biggest, OR the FACT that Joker's coaches are improving our talent the only way possible without cheating with his resources and backing---slowly but surely. A breakout year where we get all the breaks for a change is badly needed, we have come close recently and we are getting closer.

laugh.gif

Player Position Team
Burden, Chandler OL Tennessee Titans
Evans, Dequinn LB Cincinnati Bengals
Johnson, Micah LB Cincinnati Bengals
Mosley, Anthony DB San Franciso 49ers
Roark, Matt WR New England Patriots
Sneed, Ronnie LB Detroit Lions
Trevathan, Danny LB Denver Broncos
Tydlacka, Ryan P Philadelphia Eagles
Williams, Garry OL Carolina Panthers

This is an attempt at an updated list. That would give us 20 Total, which sounds a lot better than 12 or 13 or whatever we were listed at before. On that note, other SEC schools do a better job of promoting their current NFL players than we do, putting out a list going into training camp vs. opening day (like UK does). Now, they have the higher #'s showing when it comes to listing NFL players which does actually help in recruiting. Anyhow, GO CATS!! & GO CATS in the NFL!!

Eagles re-signed Lindley to a 2 year deal today. Hopefully with a new coaching staff he will get a better shot.

John Conner cut by the Bengals. Made a visit to the Titans. Please let it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT