ADVERTISEMENT

UK announces full 2015/2016 non-conference schedule

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Kentucky's 2015-16 nonconference basketball schedule; times and TV information are TBA, as is the Southeastern Conference schedule:
Nov. 13 Albany
Nov. 14 NJIT
Nov. 17 vs. Duke (Chicago)
Nov. 20 Wright State
Nov. 24 Boston U
Nov. 27 vs. South Florida (Miami)
Nov. 30 Illinois State
Dec. 3 at UCLA
Dec. 9 Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 12 Arizona Sate
Dec. 19 vs. Ohio State (Brooklyn)
Dec. 26 Louisville
Jan. 30 at Kansas

https://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1768162

Besides Duke, who will also be rebuilding a bit, this schedule gives us time to grow before ish gets real in December.

In all seriousness though this is one of the most rigorous schedules I've seen. Even the "cupcakes" have some pedigree with Albany, Wright State, EKU and NJIT (a more recent uptick). Gonna enjoy watching all the marquee games UK will have next season! Them cats are definitely going to be battle tested!

Interesting that they open the season playing on back to back days.

I'm glad there's no UNC this year. I'd rather not lose down at their place with a young team.

I'm glad there's no UNC this year. I'd rather not lose down at their place with a young team.
Hmm...i didn't even realize there was no UNC. I wonder why? Originally, Cal wanted to alternate traveling to UL and UNC so we skipped a year. But doing this will put them both away next year if the schedule holds true, but part of this CBS sports classic will put UNC and UK next year....

NACE SCHEDULE. I LIKE.

borat.jpg

Reactions: bigc45157
Dec. 3 at UCLA
Dec. 9 Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 12 Arizona Sate
Dec. 26 Louisville
Jan. 30 at Kansas

Flip EKU and UCLA, and this could pass for a tournament run in most years. 5/6 major conference opponents.

Also, is that a like a 29 day gap between games? (no, I just remembered the Kansas game happens in the middle of the SEC schedule)

Dec. 3 at UCLA
Dec. 9 Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 12 Arizona Sate
Dec. 26 Louisville
Jan. 30 at Kansas

Flip EKU and UCLA, and this could pass for a tournament run in most years. 5/6 major conference opponents.

Also, is that a like a 29 day gap between games?
The Kansas game is after conference play will have begun. The SEC/Big 12 challenge was move to during conference play.

NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Kentucky's 2015-16 nonconference basketball schedule; times and TV information are TBA, as is the Southeastern Conference schedule:
Nov. 13 Albany
Nov. 14 NJIT
Nov. 17 vs. Duke (Chicago)
Nov. 20 Wright State
Nov. 24 Boston U
Nov. 27 vs. South Florida (Miami)
Nov. 30 Illinois State
Dec. 3 at UCLA
Dec. 9 Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 12 Arizona Sate
Dec. 26 Louisville
Jan. 30 at Kansas

https://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1768162
Is this correct? I wonder why we would play UCLA on a Thursday? And then play EKU on a Wed?

I predict 4 losses in the OOC max.

Realistically, we could lose to Duke in Chicago, at UCLA, Ohio St. in Brooklyn, and at KU.

I don't think UofL can beat us at home with essentially an all new team.

A loss to anyone else at home would be a major upset.

That's a tough schedule. I think UK will protect their home court and go undefeated at home. Lose to Duke and Kansas. Then split UCLA and Ohio state. So I think UK will win 9 to 11 non conference games which isn't terrible with that tough of a schedule. Less an nine will be a huge dissapontemnet and more than 11 would put our team in the running for a top two seed.

Typical home schedule vs. Cupcake U.

You are so clueless. They play UL and Arizona ST at home. What more do you want? Neutral games prepare UK for the NCAA Tourney, not playing at home.

Plus, UK played Providence, Texas, and UNC at home this past season. So what the hell do you want?

Reactions: michaeluk26
great schedule...first time in a while that I haven't been embarrassed by a couple of the opponents and thought we'd be better of having a scrimmage or giving the guys some extra rest...

that run of ASU, OSU, UL, and KU is essentially a stretch of games you would typically see in late march and early april...should really get us ready for the SEC and prepare the squad for what they will have to face in the big dance...

Duke and UCLA are squads that will be around late in march as well...

USF should be a nice little test...not quite on a tourney appearance track yet...but O will have them much improved, and he has intimate knowledge of how Cal does things...he will be hyped up and will have his players ready in what will be a huge game for himself and his program...should throw us some tough looks in certain situations and make our guys all the better for it...

Albany, Boston, Wright St...should all fight hard...I suspect one may give us a scare like buffalo or Columbia...

NJIT...upset Michigan...beat a good Yale team...played Marquette very tough...

Well a very nice birthday present for me .. the annual dirty-bird beat down.

great schedule...first time in a while that I haven't been embarrassed by a couple of the opponents and thought we'd be better of having a scrimmage or giving the guys some extra rest...

that run of ASU, OSU, UL, and KU is essentially a stretch of games you would typically see in late march and early april...should really get us ready for the SEC and prepare the squad for what they will have to face in the big dance...

USF should be a nice little test...not quite on a tourney appearance track yet...but O will have them much improved, and he has intimate knowledge of how Cal does things...he will be hyped up and will have his players ready in what will be a huge game for himself and his program...should throw us some tough looks in certain situations and make our guys all the better for it...

Albany, Boston, Wright St...should all fight hard...I suspect one may give us a scare like buffalo or Columbia...

I agree. I've been critical of the schedule in the past (and had huge arguments because of that), but I can't criticize this one. Fewer total gimme's, and I'm a huge, huge fan of playing Kansas in late January (even if UK loses that game). That's a return to something UK did almost every year from the late 70's through the mid 90's (not Kansas specifically, but playing a later OOC game), and I've always thought that getting out of the SEC after conference play has started is good prep for the tournament. I think playing 18-21 SEC games in a row can not only be a total grind, it can delude you about the true quality of your team.

A good opponent perhaps. The best fans in the world deserve it dontcha think genius?

You are the only one who doesn't think UNC, Texas, Providence, and UL are good opponents. All 3 of the former made the tourney last year, and I'm sure UL will this year. You are not going to get a ton of high quality opponents to come to Rupp each year, 2-3 Power conference teams tops at best. Neutral games are where it is at, intelligent people know this.

I predict 4 losses in the OOC max.

Realistically, we could lose to Duke in Chicago, at UCLA, Ohio St. in Brooklyn, and at KU.

I don't think UofL can beat us at home with essentially an all new team.

A loss to anyone else at home would be a major upset.
If we lose to UCLA then forget the top 10 and F4 talk..They are rebuilding..

If we lose to UCLA then forget the top 10 and F4 talk..They are rebuilding..

I think anytime you have to travel to the west coast...going to be tough. I look at that game as a UNC type screw job by the refs, so it won't be as easy as you think. KU will be near impossible due to that, and plus, they will be pretty good.

I agree with some other posters that UK can beat Duke. UK gets Murray and they are a clear favorite in that game, as of now I'd say pick um. Duke really has no one that can guard or stop Skal.

Reactions: blueisblood
You are the only one who doesn't think UNC, Texas, Providence, and UL are good opponents. All 3 of the former made the tourney last year, and I'm sure UL will this year. You are not going to get a ton of high quality opponents to come to Rupp each year, 2-3 Power conference teams tops at best. Neutral games are where it is at, intelligent people know this.
Ah, the I'm smarter than you comment again huh? Nice!

Listen I'm sure you're the best "forever stuck in high school" guy ever, but can ya fast forward to the release of the UK schedule thread for just a sec? lmao

Really would like to make the trip back home for opening weekend, the UCLA trip and definitely the Brooklyn Game. The old CC may take a beating this upcoming season.

I agree with what you said about the low mid major opponents. They aren't garbage no names that we should overlook. NJIT returns their top five scorers from a twenty win team so even the worst opposing program on our schedule has some toughness to them.

ADVERTISEMENT