ADVERTISEMENT

TYUS BATTLE - PrimeTime Shootout 2015

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
TYUS BATTLE- Gill St. Bernard's School (Gladstone, NJ); 2016 SG; 6'-6"; 205; 5-Star; 247Sports rank 14; Crystal Ball had listed him 100% Syracuse until July of last year, but now has Duke at 68% and UK at 12% - 2/7/2015 lost to Linden H. S. (Linden, NJ) 52-60 in the PrimeTime Shootout - This was my first time seeing Tyus and I was totally impressed with his shooting during the first half. Couldn't find final stats, but had 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 steals. He has a pretty J with nice rotation. Can create his own shot. Doesn't have a very good team around him, so maybe he should go to a Paul VI or Montverde Academy type program to see just how good he can be. In the 4th quarter as the game got serious, his team just didn't seem to run their offense through Tyus. When he did get the ball, he missed on his jumpers and his drives. Didn't like his body language at all through the final stretches. This is just one game and it can't define a kid, but I am starting to feel that you can learn more about a kid in a game he loses than you can in a game his teams wins handily.

This post was edited on 2/8 2:30 PM by UKPhilly

ADVERTISEMENT