ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrone Maxey (Tyrese’s Father) Likes Marshall County Facilitates

HICATFAN

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kailua, Hawaii
I’m really liking Tyrese’s Mother & Father!!!

UK signee Tyrese Maxey’s father already impressed with Marshall County facilities, Kentucky fans

By LARRY VAUGHT

It didn’t take long for Tyrone Maxey to appreciate having South Garland (Texas) High School invited to play three games in the Kentucky Lake Classic at Marshall County this weekend even more than he anticipated.

“The gym is immaculate,” said Maxey, the father of UK signee Tyrese Maxey and a South Garland assistant coach. “I love the arena. It is a bit old school but also state of the art with the scoreboard and all.

“It’s really nice. It’s basically an ideal place to play and when I found out the school had been there since 1976, I couldn’t believe it. It just feels good to be here knowing Kentucky is where he will be playing next year and to just be invited to play here is a tremendous thing.”

South Garland plays Hillcrest Prep North (Arizona) at 10:30 a.m. CST Friday and then takes on Superior Collegiate (Florida) at 4 p.m. On Saturday, Maxey and his teammates will play DME Academy (Florida) at 4 p.m. CST.

Tyrone Maxey said UK head coach John Calipari and assistant Tony Barbee, Maxey’s main recruiter, both plan to be at Friday morning’s game.

“I know they (Kentucky) play Louisville on Saturday, so we appreciate the coaches making the trip to see Tyrese play,” Tyrone Maxey said. “Hopefully we will get a chance to see the (Kentucky-Louisville) game Saturday before we play.”

Tyrone Maxey anticipates seeing a lot of Kentucky fans this weekend based on the reaction his son has got from UK fans since the day he committed to the Wildcats.

“Everywhere we went to play in the summer, there would at least be a sprinkling of UK fans if not more,” Tyrone Maxey said. “He embraces the idea of interacting with fans. It’s a great fan base. There are so many Kentucky fans who have reached out to him in various ways. We hear that here it is going to be crazy and we are looking forward to it and seeing what happens.”

AlohaCat

Tyrone Maxey said UK head coach John Calipari and assistant Tony Barbee, Maxey’s main recruiter, both plan to be at Friday morning’s game.

Waiting to hear from those that still call for assistants to be let go, claiming that they can't recruit.

Calipari was the lead recruiter if you followed any of it. Dude was basically living in Texas for a few weeks.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Team Maxey faces at 4 has a PF who had 30 rebounds in his first game.

Dvhss8bU0AAERC1.jpg

Cal visiting with Maxey’s mother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT