ADVERTISEMENT

True Blue userscript for the new design - Blue Theme, No Sidebar, Full width with screenshots

Apr 2, 2005
I wasn't really liking how the new design looked on my desktop, mainly because the purple made my eyes bleed. Anyway, I made a few CSS modifications to the new forum layout. I know someone already created a Chrome extension, but it is always good to have more options. I have tested it on Firefox and Chrome. Should work on other browsers to that support addons. Try it out if you want.

NOTE: Updated both versions on 4-28-2015 to the Official UK Blue RGB Value of (0, 93, 170). Just reinstall if you want a version with the correct blue value.

* Update to True Blue on 4-29-2015 to address possible stretching issue on some resolutions.

https://userstyles.org/styles/113138/true-blue-ky-rival-forums-theme

/****True Blue KY RIVAL FORUMS Theme*****/
/*Blue Themed logo and buttons instead of purple*/
/*Square Avatars on Forum Home and Display*/
/*Removed Sidebar*/
/*Full page forum view*/
/*Larger Font and Font Type*/
/*White Background on quote box & like box */
/*Removed "Funbox"*/
/*Changed Username font and color */

bbnrivals.jpg

bbnrivals2.jpg

bbnrivalsmobile.jpg

Update - 4-27-15
/****Just Blue KY RIVAL FORUMS Theme*****/

wildcatsboston1984 requested this version of the userscript. He preferred the theme from the chrome extension, but wanted it to have blue colors. This only changes the theme colors from purple to blue. Can use this standalone, or it will work in conjunction Chrome Extension found at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nts/ocolfhpogcchjfldbmjmigpneldphngf?hl=en-US NOTE: When used with the Chrome extension it will only change the purple colors to blue on KENTUCKY.FORUMS.RIVALS and leave the other styling intact. Same with the standard theme. This version only makes color changes. See images below.

Download Here: https://userstyles.org/styles/113163/just-blue-ky-rival-forums-theme

bbnrivals5.jpg

or standalone

bbnrivals7.jpg

Last edited:
Can you create one that does nothing but change the color to blue? I don't need all the other jazz when the chrome extension does all that is listed (except color) and more.

Can you create one that does nothing but change the color to blue? I don't need all the other jazz when the chrome extension does all that is listed (except color) and more.

Sure, no problem. I will fix you a userscript up tomorrow and post the link in here. Do you want the links blue too? Or just the graphics?

Last edited:
Thanks, TorQ.
Just installed and I like it a lot.
It's easier on these old eyes...

I dare you to make it for a browser that isn't a Google botnet (Firefox preferably).

Good work though, looks nice.

I dare you to make it for a browser that isn't a Google botnet (Firefox preferably).

Good work though, looks nice.

Pretty much why I avoid chrome entirely....any company that would drive around and steal data from home wifi would certainly monitor your every move on it's browser.

Pretty much why I avoid chrome entirely....any company that would drive around and steal data from home wifi would certainly monitor your every move on it's browser.

Google's going to own as much of the first world as the Rothschilds and the Jewish 1% within the next 30 years. Information is the next great currency.

If anyone wants to use a larger or smaller font you can easily change the size by editing the font size number on line 74. In the userscript the font is currently set to a to 12pt. I actually prefer 13pt or 14pt myself to reduce eye strain while reading. I posted a sample of the script using a larger 13pt font in the image below.

To change, click the Stylish button > Manage Styles > Edit. Change the font size on line 74 located under /*Changed font type and size on RR forum display*/ to your preferred size and click Save.

If you want to change the size of the fonts on the thread selection page, just edit the font size number on line 81 under /*Changed font type and size Read thread message on RR forum display directory*/.

bbnrivals3.jpg

bbnrivals4.jpg

Man I wished the site looked like those pics on my phone. There's so many things that don't show up on the Mobile view of this site and it sucks so friggin bad.

Awesome, thanks for setting that up OP. One of the mods needs to sticky this for other users.

Ok, I finally got it installed right. Is that really UK blue though. Still looks a little lighter to me. Well, it's better than the purple. Tks.

That RGB for UK blue is 0, 93, 170. The blue in the script is not the same. I modified the script on my own to get the correct blue. Thanks for the work on the script! I don't know all the coding but I know how to change simple stuff like colors on my own one the code has been written.

You don't need to do anything to the colors. It may be right. I think looking at the purple has skewed my perception a bit. Either way is fine though.

You don't need to do anything to the colors. It may be right. I think looking at the purple has skewed my perception a bit. Either way is fine though.
Technically it is not the correct UK blue. The numbers don't lie. Any blue is better than purple even if it isn't 100% accurate!

Technically it is not the correct UK blue. The numbers don't lie. Any blue is better than purple even if it isn't 100% accurate!

You are correct, the official RGB value is (0, 93, 170) according to http://www.uky.edu/Graphics/GraphicStandards.pdf.

But like you said, any blue is better than that ugly purple. Also, unless every monitor is calibrated the same, even the exact values are going to display slightly different from screen to screen. I just can't figure out why the official KY Rivals is so far off from the original value though? The RGB value they used was (42, 39, 126), which is closer to the official Kansas St colors.

I'm going to update both versions tomorrow or tonight with the official RGB values. Stylish should notify any users that have it installed that there is an update.

Updated both versions on 4-28-2015 to the Official UK Blue RGB Value of (0, 93, 170). Also changed the quote box hover color that I missed from purple to a grey color. Not sure if Stylish will notify you or not that there has been an update? Just reinstall if you want the version with the correct blue value.

True Blue(Removes sidebar and top funbox, Square avatars, Blue Themed, Full screen view, white quote boxes) https://userstyles.org/styles/113138/true-blue-ky-rival-forums-theme

Just Blue (Only changes colors and will work standalone or in conjunction with the Chrome extension)
https://userstyles.org/styles/113163/just-blue-ky-rival-forums-theme

Thank you for your great work.

I have vision problems and it would be good for me if the lines between the normal threads were darker. Is there any way I could make this change? I am using Chrome.

Thank you for your great work.

I have vision problems and it would be good for me if the lines between the normal threads were darker. Is there any way I could make this change? I am using Chrome.

Yeah it would be no problem, could make them as dark as you need. But like wildcatsboston said, since you are using Chrome, you could try to install the Chrome extension along with the Just Blue userscript. The Chrome extension has alternating colors on the thread view. The Just Blue will change the purple graphics to blue if you are using the Chrome extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nts/ocolfhpogcchjfldbmjmigpneldphngf?hl=en-US

If the alternating colors on the chrome extension is not what you need, let me know, and I'll make a alternate userscript with darker lines for you.

Question. I went to the True Blue setting, which I like better, but the Post Thread and Toggle Sidebar buttons are moved over so that the Toggle button is gone and the Post thread is about 75% gone. Is this correctible using the Edit function? Tks.

I can't believe Rivals hasn't fixed this stupid purple color yet. They will lose so much ad revenue from people using things like this userscript that removes the sidebar ads. Enough money that they could have hired a team of developers for a week to fix little stuff like this if they cared enough to do so. Just crazy stupid.

Question. I went to the True Blue setting, which I like better, but the Post Thread and Toggle Sidebar buttons are moved over so that the Toggle button is gone and the Post thread is about 75% gone. Is this correctible using the Edit function? Tks.

It is not supposed to be cut off. The containers should auto adjust to any resolution. What resolution are you using? Also, the True Blue doesn't currently have the toggle sidebar feature, but that is something I may add. But the Post Thread button shouldn't be off the screen.

Let me make a quick update to True Blue and see if that fixes your stretching problem. If you don't mind, go to the link below and click update and let me know if that corrected the stretching problem you are experiencing..

I'm not sure what my resolution is. I have a 27 inch iMac. Maybe it's a Mac thing that's causing the stretch. Or the resolution thing. As for the update, I couldn't find a button for that. Also, I just noticed that in trying to post this response, I had to switch back to the Just Blue theme because the Post Reply button was gone. Weird.

I'm not sure what my resolution is. I have a 27 inch iMac. Maybe it's a Mac thing that's causing the stretch. Or the resolution thing. As for the update, I couldn't find a button for that. Also, I just noticed that in trying to post this response, I had to switch back to the Just Blue theme because the Post Reply button was gone. Weird.

Just curious, are you using the chrome extension too? If you are, you will need to use Just Blue with that because it only makes color edits. You can also run Just Blue by itself.

If you want to try True Blue again, I added an edit that may fix your problem. Use True Blue without the Chrome Extension though. If you click the link below, you should see the update button.

update.jpg

Last edited:
If I use it without the Chrome extension, what features would I be losing, because I really liked the changes it made. Basically, is there anything it does that I would be missing by de-selecting the extension and going with the True Blue one?

And I guess the reason I wasn't seeing the Update button was because I already had updated them with Stylish.

Last edited:
Ok, torQQue, sorry for all these questions, but here is the deal. After messing around with them all, and trying without the Chrome extension, here is what I would love to have. My favorite setup is the True Blue one, but with the extension on too. The one and only problem is that in that setup,
I get the issue I told you about with the buttons moving over so far one is gone and the other one is almost gone. Also, the Replies, Views, and Last Message columns are gone too. Don't want to ask you to put more effort into this, but if that is something you could do, it would be awesome. Turning the extension off greatly reduced the number of threads that show up without the need to scroll down. Thanks and sorry again for pestering you with this.

If I use it without the Chrome extension, what features would I be losing, because I really liked the changes it made. Basically, is there anything it does that I would be missing by de-selecting the extension and going with the True Blue one?

And I guess the reason I wasn't seeing the Update button was because I already had updated them with Stylish.
Just use the one that only changes color...

wildcatboston1984 check the update I added to the original post. Use this https://userstyles.org/styles/113163/just-blue-ky-rival-forums-theme in conjunction with the Chrome Extension and you should get this. No more ugly purple.

bbnrivals5.jpg
Wow if this site looked like what's in the picture when I use it on my iPhone I wouldn't have any problem with it at all. But it's still that stupid ass mobile look that reduces what shows up. I get like half of what's supposed to be there when on my phone.

ADVERTISEMENT