ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Brown JR

Stud. Best friends with Chas Jeter. Already has Duke offer. Cal is 0 for Las Vegas. Wouldn't hold my breath on him.

Troy Brown is a great-looking prospect and we're definitely recruiting him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trae Young out of Oklahoma emerges as our top PG target in 2017. And ultimately, the PG we end up with from that class. I'd honestly rather have Trae Young than Brown anyway, considering Young will likely be in college for a few years (as he's very small) and is also a possible package deal with Michael Porter.

Brown is close with Chase Jeter, I can vouch for that. Makes sense with both being from Vegas. As of now though if I had to say one way or another, I'd guess that Troy Brown will not end up at Duke. Great-looking prospect though. Gotta love that size, looks like a Shaun Livingston-type PG.

I thought Duke was all over Trae Young? I though Porter might stay home and go to Mizzou until I heard about the Trae Young package deal. After hearing that I figured he'd end up at Duke -

Isn't Wendell Carter wanting to package with Young as well? Or am I thinking of someone else?

ADVERTISEMENT