ADVERTISEMENT

Top 30 prospects for 2016 NBA draft dominated by one-and-done players

Outside of Ben Simmons and Skal Labissiere, I don't see anyone from 2015 that screams "pro" to me right away. I can understand how guys like Ingram, Brown, and Newman would be attractive too, but there's really only a handful of players at most from 2015 that should even consider being 1-and-done. This class is extremely weak compared to 2014 and 2016. I think it would be a mistake for guys like Diallo and Ellenson to be 1-and-done. Especially Diallo, that guy ain't even remotely close to ready for the NBA.

Just because a guy is ranked highly for his high school class doesn't automatically mean he's a legit 1-and-done prospect.

Outside of Ben Simmons and Skal Labissiere, I don't see anyone from 2015 that screams "pro" to me right away. I can understand how guys like Ingram, Brown, and Newman would be attractive too, but there's really only a handful of players at most from 2015 that should even consider being 1-and-done. This class is extremely weak compared to 2014 and 2016. I think it would be a mistake for guys like Diallo and Ellenson to be 1-and-done. Especially Diallo, that guy ain't even remotely close to ready for the NBA.

Just because a guy is ranked highly for his high school class doesn't automatically mean he's a legit 1-and-done prospect.
I agree with what you are saying to an extent but at the same time its kind of like a guy who throws 95 mph in baseball, may not be polished yet but they are projecting what they will be 5 years down the road

Also you have to think about it from the kids point of view, if they are one of the better players in this class and have a chance to go to the league it may be in their best interest to do so with a very high number of one and dones who will be in the draft the next year since the 2016 class is so loaded

Where have you been for the last 9 years? People make these type of comments nearly every single year, yet nearly every single year we see more than a handful of freshmen go in the 1st round of the draft. Here are the hard numbers:

2007- 8
08- 10
09- 3
10- 7
11- 6
12- 8
13- 6
14- 9
15- 13

The 2014 recruiting class wasn't supposed to be anything really special, yet it set the record for most freshmen 1st rounders. Odds are at least 10 freshmen will declare for the draft next spring, and odds are the vast majority will be taken in the 1st round.

Where have you been for the last 9 years? People make these type of comments nearly every single year, yet nearly every single year we see more than a handful of freshmen go in the 1st round of the draft. Here are the hard numbers:

2007- 8
08- 10
09- 3
10- 7
11- 6
12- 8
13- 6
14- 9
15- 13

The 2014 recruiting class wasn't supposed to be anything really special, yet it set the record for most freshmen 1st rounders. Odds are at least 10 freshmen will declare for the draft next spring, and odds are the vast majority will be taken in the 1st round.

You have to remember one thing- Nick Horvath exposes himself as an idiot with every post. He doesn't know ish about basketball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT