ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Barbee officially named assistant coach

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/052215aaa.html

CFncV8IWEAEPk13.jpg

I think he is great but hope that means he is in it for 5 years. Enough to build recruiting relationships. Don't need another one and done coach

Last edited:
Reactions: slbretts
Looks like from his time at Auburn he's not interested in winning championships either.

I think he is great but hope that means he is in it for 5 years. Enough to build recruiting relationships. Don't need another one and dine coach

I was thinking the exact same thing. Don't want this to be Cal's next trend. We'll have to trust in his wisdom.

If anyone did not know that Barbee was not going to be named asst. coach then they had their head buried in the sand for a long time. Most likely he will be a asst. for many years at UK.

Hate it. The guy is medicore at best. Never could recruit. Was not much of a coach in the sense of running a program, and was a terrible in game coach. We are UK. We should be getting the absolute top drawer assistant coaches. Just not a fan of this guy. There were many many others that would have jumped at the chance to be here.

^^^ are you an idiot ... He got cal several top players while assistant at Memphis. Your clueless. Great hire. Barbee is well known on the recruiting trail .

As long as cal is the coach we could hire whoever and land a top class. The best head coach recruiters are the ones that recruit the kids. Not like a lot of coaches that sit back and let the assistants do all the work. Cal recruits all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT