ADVERTISEMENT

Tom brady suspension upheld

When Brady sues in court I wonder how the NFL will justify doing what they did with no actual proof? The report even says it is "probable" that Beady knew...no proof.

The NFL Beat Brady to the punch and has gone to Federal Court in Manhattan to get the ruling upheld...Goodell is playing Hardball

Unless a court stays the league's decision to suspend Brady for the first four games, the season will be well past four games before the case can be heard.

If u support this. Please move to North Korea. No evidence, this is based off of opinions and what "probably" happened. So wrong. You cant support this even if you hate Brady and the Pats. Its not right. Dont see how someone can actually support a susupension based off of no proof.

-nfl is a private entity...not bound by constitutional law. Brady can feel free to work for the CFL if he feels overly wronged
Oh God! Here is this theory again that just because a company is a private entity it cannot be sued lol. Tom Brady can sue whomever he wants to regardless of their status. If he feels he has been wronged by the NFL then he can most definetly sue.

When the league says "more likely than not" it does not mean no proof. It means that the proof is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is required for a criminal conviction. "More likely than not" is the standard for conviction in a civil case which this is.

Reactions: rudd1
If u support this. Please move to North Korea. No evidence, this is based off of opinions and what "probably" happened. So wrong. You cant support this even if you hate Brady and the Pats. Its not right. Dont see how someone can actually support a susupension based off of no proof.

Seemed to be a lot of proof,funny Brady's phone was thrown away.

Thats not the point. No matter how funny it seems thats still not enough proof. Unless nfl is running a dictatorship, they should run by the same justice system as anyone else. I know for a fact if it happened to any of your teams you would raise heck.

A cheater is a cheater.. They should have suspended him for half of the season. He is an arrogant prick.

See some of you just have a thing against Tom. Jealous because he is a winner. Alot of teams and players have done things worse and dont get even close to this coverage. Fact is there are alot more arrogant people than Brady, most winners are confident. Thats how things are. If you wanna shoot down someones legacy for a couple of mistake then we have very few legacys out there.

^This wont do anything to Tom's legacy.

But this is a prime example of how not to handle situations when they arise.
-first the NFL really didn't go about this the right way. The sting went horribly wrong and probably shouldn't have happened in the first place. They shouldn't have let them play with the balls. The investigation didn't go well. And they should've handled things behind closed doors.

-2nd - Tom should've just said "hey, yeah, I told the equipment guys I like the balls as soft as possible. I didn't know they were illegal levels." Then there's no story. Instead he went on offense and went out of his way to interfere with the investigation.

This is all just a huge cluster-flop all around.

-never said he couldnt a sue...just doubt he would win.
You said they are not bound by Constitutional Law...that is false. Every person and company in the USA is bound by the Constitution and can be sued when they have wronged someone in some way.

There are many, many cases in pro sports that go on to court. For instance, the Roger Clemens situation still has some legal battles going on......and it's been a long time since all of it happened. Brady could easily file a lawsuit, get an injuction to pay, stretch the legal system for yrs and yrs, and then deal with this after he retires.

I'm not a patriots fan, but this still seems wrong. I think for a decision such as this the NFL should have the burden to present the proof...whether proof that he did it or proof that he deliberately tried to cover it up, rather than he "more likely than not" did it. How would you feel if you were wrongfully accused and someone filed their ruling against you and you lost because their opinion was you "more likely than not" did it?

I don't know if Brady will continue to fight, but this is starting to look like the Vilma situation all over again. The NFL has looked really bad over the last 4 or 5 years. 4 games for possibly deflating balls.....2 games for knocking out your girlfriend.

^Don't look at it that way. Look on it as there was an investigation, Brady went out of his way not to cooperate, he was punished for lack of cooperation.

Now, if you want to focus on the morality of the ball deflation and the punishment to the Patriots organization......that's a separate issue here.

Just seen it on ESPN...

Brady is probably guilty of wanting it done, maybe paid the guys to do it too. But on every play, the ball is handled by an official who should be familiar with how a properly inflated football should feel. He was handling the Colt's ball too, which was properly inflated I guess so it wasn't like he didn't have a comparison. Yet they played the entire game and never noticed the difference. It shouldn't have been that hard to tell the difference. I just feel that Brady and the Patriots are being made the scapegoats for mistakes made by the officiating crew. Its a rule and no different that one team playing with 12 men because the officials allow it. But because it wasn't discovered until after the game, not much else they can do.

^Re-read your comment. "Brady didn't cooperate except for when he didn't."

Listen to Bill Polian's comments on ESPN lately
-Brady was approached. He avoided Wells' a few times during the investigation. The NFL never asked for Brady's phone.....they approached Brady/Agent and asked them to sift through the phone and present any evidence that pertained to the case. They didn't do it. And they hid the fact that Brady directed his personal assistant to destroy the phone.

Brady still coooperated with the rest of the investigations. Sorry but im not giving up my phone either unless it rids me of a major charge. Brady and all of the Patriots still swear their innocence. And until i see something besides a phone not being given up, theres nothing to tell me otherwise. As youd do the same with your team. Nowhere does not giving your phone up to be viewed through make you guilty.

If the NFL asked for the phone and he then had it destroyed he deserved a suspension. If the cops asked for his phone in an investigation and he destroyed he would have committed a felony. If a person is proven to have hidden or destroyed evidence in any investigative process, penalties should follow. If anyone has a problem with that feel free to cite an example in any employment setting or otherwise where that should not be the case. Maybe Brady has an ironclad excuse why his phone was coincidentally destroyed but if not he should be penalized in my opinion regardless of how strong the proof is he deflated the balls.

Brady still coooperated with the rest of the investigations. Sorry but im not giving up my phone either unless it rids me of a major charge. Brady and all of the Patriots still swear their innocence. And until i see something besides a phone not being given up, theres nothing to tell me otherwise. As youd do the same with your team. Nowhere does not giving your phone up to be viewed through make you guilty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoliation_of_evidence

As Bill Polian said, he never was asked to give up his phone. Brady and his agent were approached by the NFL. They said, "go through the phone, give us all information that pertains to the investigation." Brady chose to destroy the phone.

No, I wouldn't have given up my phone either, however there are 100,000 ways that Brady could've cooperated with the investigation and given the investigators the information they asked for. Brady chose to be defiant and destroy possible evidence.

It kills me to say that too. I'm not a Patriot fan.....I'm just indifferent. I neither like them, nor hate them. I respect their organization and how they win. However, I'm a Brady fan. Always have been. My father is a Michigan fan and therefore I like the Wolverines as well. (I attended UK, so it's first and foremost my team, but I do like UM). I was a Brady fan long before he was a Patriot. But he screwed up here. The NFL screwed up here. I don't think there is someone involved here that didn't screw up here.

The NFL has looked really bad over the last 4 or 5 years. 4 games for possibly deflating balls.....2 games for knocking out your girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

Do you think NBA was fare on these to different cases?

Brady did cooperate? The only way you can say he cant is the whole phone ordeal.

Brady did not cooperate by not giving phone up and then destroying the phone.Why did the Patriots fire the two ball boys?Why did Kraft pay a million dollar fine?Why did they agree to give up draft picks?Why did Brady not give up the phone?Maybe incriminating texts.Sounds to me like a lot of no cooperation.

ADVERTISEMENT