ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady Suspension Upheld

If he destroyed his phone, then he'd be dumb to follow up in court.

Why can't athletes just say "my bad" and own up to stuff? If you're caught you're caught. Deal with it. I don't necessarily always agree with the entitled label, but it fits here. He's done no wrong his entire life according to everyone around him, and now he doesn't know how to handle it.

I'm the same way with Pete Rose in case anyone thinks this is just a Brady/Patriots thing.

</soapbox>

Reactions: UK_Norm
I don't care in the least bit but four games for this is complete BS.

Whatever.

He's not going to court. The NFL knows he's not going to court if he destroyed the phone. Thats why they didn't back off.

Seemed like the lawsuit was a slam dunk prior to these revelations about the cell phone.

I guess it depends on the proof they have that he intentionally destroyed it? I'd have to think it's pretty solid evidence if they didn't budge at all?

I don't care in the least bit but four games for this is complete BS.

Whatever.

You can't lie to those charged with enforcing these things. Instead of owning up, he lied and destroyed evidence. 4 games is light imho.

You can't lie to those charged with enforcing these things. Instead of owning up, he lied and destroyed evidence. 4 games is light imho.

I don't care about him lying to those greedy, backwards bastards, first off.

Secondly, what he did was barely cheating. If you really think 4 game is light, you are a fool.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
Then I'm a fool, I think he should have been suspended the whole season. After Spygate, there's clearly a culture of cheating in Foxboro.

I have no sympathy for a pretty boy with a cake life who cheats and lies about it.

Reactions: ram1955
I'd also assume they can't compel him / the service provider to pull the texts.....or.....they can and he doesn't give a shit if they do.

Dumbest sports controversy ever. Anyone that gave two shits about this wasted their time.

My best guess is that a federal court suit would focus solely on procedure, fairness and on the structure of the NFL's disciplinary mechanisms under the current CBA. I doubt they'd actually go into the substantive stuff like the phone and air pressure.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Problem is he is being punished because of past Patriot cheating. The Union is making him appeal so good luck.

This is all a bullshit issue. It's just about a bunch of little girls pissing and moaning about getting their assed whipped.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
what about the refs that touch the ball every play. Should they be allowed to ref anymore if they didn't catch it?

Whooping the shit out of your girlfriend/wife = deflating footballs? Okay

^ they're not equal. In one instance, there is judicial punishment and the suspension is in addition to that. In the other, the suspension is the punishment. You could make a great argument that the CBA should not allow any punishment for off the field stuff if it results in criminal charges, and it would still be consistent with enforcing penalties for cheating (and covering up). That wouldn't mean that cheating > punching a woman.

Yes, that's how lawyers (i.e. the ones doing the investigation in this case) tend to speak, especially when they have no power to compel things like, oh I don't know, cell phones and other evidence. And my original point still stands.

When someone is told that he will not have to turn the cell phone over during the Wells Report and they wait until after the cell phone is destroyed to request it, what is he supposed to do?

When someone is told that he will not have to turn the cell phone over during the Wells Report and they wait until after the cell phone is destroyed to request it, what is he supposed to do?

He knew they wanted information on the phone, and he destroyed it. Whether it was to cover up (NFL's version) or just routine replacement (Brady's version) we'll never know. How you come down on that is probably a function of whether you think he was involved or not. My point was, and is, that the language you quoted is pretty standard for an investigation like this, especially where the investigators cannot compel anything. And giving the same suspension for two different things is not the same as equating them.

^I'm still taking Russell Wilson as my QB. He absolutely killed it last year and he's probably a 5th or 6th rounder, at best. Add Jimmy Graham to the picture and he looks like a fantastic pick.

ADVERTISEMENT