ADVERTISEMENT

To all veterans- Happy Memorial Day.

Happy-Memorial-Day-1.jpg

For anyone interested, below is a list of the six known former UK basketball players who died during military action:

List of UK Players Killed in Military Action

These six are: Howard Kinne (died in WWI) along with James King, James Goforth, Melvin Brewer, Kenneth England and Walter Johnson (died in WWII).

In addition below is a more general list of UK BB players who served in the military.

UK BB Players who served in the Military

louis_robertson4.jpg

Louis Robertson in front of his P-47 Thunderbolt

Note that the above list isn't complete, as preferably I'd like to get the branch of service that the person was a part of, along with what their highest rank attained was. If anyone can provide additional information I'd appreciate it.

Having grown up near Fort Knox and known a number of vets over the years:

Sincerely, Thank You Very Much. We would all be less without your dedication and service.
I served for over 20 years honorably yet it was during peace time. At times I feel guilty calling myself a "Veteran" because of this. The men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice are the real heroes, not someone like me. The military personal who fight on the front lines and in the air have my utmost respect. I will forever be indebted to each of them.

May the ones that did not come home Rest In Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT