ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of dUKe love fest on here

It might not be so bad if it weren't for the handful of real Duke fans adding to it. There does seem to be bit of an overreaction to their winning it, thinking that they are reloading to do it again. Not appreciating the fact that they lost a senior leader in Cook, who was also their leading 3 pt shooter, as well as their top 3 players. Basically lost their top 4 players and while they have 4 good players coming in, they are unlikely to be nearly as good this season. Solid, yes. Overwhelming favorite? Not quite.

It might not be so bad if it weren't for the handful of real Duke fans adding to it. There does seem to be bit of an overreaction to their winning it, thinking that they are reloading to do it again. Not appreciating the fact that they lost a senior leader in Cook, who was also their leading 3 pt shooter, as well as their top 3 players. Basically lost their top 4 players and while they have 4 good players coming in, they are unlikely to be nearly as good this season. Solid, yes. Overwhelming favorite? Not quite.
It does look like K is catching on to the one and done game fast, and I loathe them too but they are going to be very good again.

I despise them, but had to gain a measure of respect for one thing -- they consistently run good offensive sets , and usually have shooters . I'm an offensive minded guy and appreciate the movement and passing . They have good ( great ) Jim and Joe's but their X's and O's are top shelf as well .. I think I might puke after saying that .

Reactions: CUT-NETS
Duke is praying that UK doesnt land Brown or Diallo because if we get just one of them we are going to embarress them in Nov.
Fact.
UK hasnt beat Duke since 98,they are due an ass whoopin from the Cats.

I despise them, but had to gain a measure of respect for one thing -- they consistently run good offensive sets , and usually have shooters . I'm an offensive minded guy and appreciate the movement and passing . They have good ( great ) Jim and Joe's but their X's and O's are top shelf as well .. I think I might puke after saying that .

Agreed. Coach K recruits shooters that can make athletic plays, while Cal favors the athlete that can occasionally make shots.

Agreed. Coach K recruits shooters that can make athletic plays, while Cal favors the athlete that can occasionally make shots.

Cal has recruited many of the same "shooters" as well as other ones that Duke wasn't after, but please continue with your delusions.

Nary a word from the Cal haters who acted as if he were single-handedly destroying college basketball. K has went all in with the OAD philosophy now. Even getting kids to reclassify. Yet nothing but crickets from the same folks who crucified Cal for having a lot of OAD's.

Sick of folks on here drooling over dUKe like schoolgirls. Makes me wonder who they are really fans of.

They are so putrid and lame. If they love the school in Durham so much why don't they get on down the road?

A post to stop posting about Duke has degraded in to another Duke love fest....

Disgusting...

I couldn't name a single recruit of theirs . I don't follow them, and hate them and their rat faced whiny fake coach... having said that I don't see the point not accepting the obvious , they won the last title , at this point they are on top . And their offensive sets ( and approach with lots of threes taken ) are worthy of taking a closer look at . The insinuation that pointing out the obvious - The rat is a great coach - somehow means I'm a duke slurper or whatever is just stupid .

Reactions: CUT-NETS
We get Diallo and Brown or Murray (to go along with Mulder) and no ones worrying about dook.

I truly believe that when Cal said he thinks he'll sign one, maybe two more, he wasn't including Mulder in that assumption. I believe Cal thinks he is going to sign Diallo and then maybe one of Brown or Murray.

Last edited:
Get over it. They are a great program and will be one of the best teams again next year.

Lol. You don't have a good word to say about UK, but you'll jump in to stick up for Duke?

You're exactly what I called you in GYERO.

Lol. You don't have a good word to say about UK, but you'll jump in to stick up for Duke?

You're exactly what I called you in GYERO.

Too many UK fans have an inferiority complex to Duke. Acting like Louisville fans which is sad. They are what they are, on our level.

You can call me all the four letter words you want, but right now they are in a better spot than we are. I don't put lipstick on pigs like you.

Too many UK fans have an inferiority complex to Duke. Acting like Louisville fans which is sad. They are what they are, on our level.

You can call me all the four letter words you want, but right now they are in a better spot than we are. I don't put lipstick on pigs like you.

Ha- all you do is cry and whine and you're calling out people for an inferiority complex? That's hilarious. Your confidence ebbs and flows like a 13-year-old girl.

And I will call you four letter words because that's exactly what you are.

Like I said in GYERO.

Ha- all you do is cry and whine and you're calling out people for an inferiority complex? That's hilarious. Your confidence ebbs and flows like a 13-year-old girl.

And I will call you four letter words because that's exactly what you are.

Like I said in GYERO.

I don't moan about people talking about Duke. They're good, so what?

If you're simpleminded enough to call someone you don't know a c-word, that says more about you. I'm not happy about having to resort to stealing NC State recruits and juco transfers. You do, good for you.

On an offtopic tangent: Does anyone else get tired of the kindergarten-level of banter when it comes to handing out juvenile nicknames to rival programs?

Loserville, UoLsucksville (probably the single worst attempt at clever banter I've ever seen), Dook, dUKe, Puke, etc...

With the possible exception of UNC* and UNCheat, none of them are any good and instantly denote a less-respectable opinion.

On an offtopic tangent: Does anyone else get tired of the kindergarten-level of banter when it comes to handing out juvenile nicknames to rival programs?

Loserville, UoLsucksville (probably the single worst attempt at clever banter I've ever seen), Dook, dUKe, Puke, etc...

With the possible exception of UNC* and UNCheat, none of them are any good and instantly denote a less-respectable opinion.

Do you honestly not see the disconnect between your high-minded criticism about juvenile nicknames and the fact that your avatar is South Park style graphic of Aaron carrying around his gargantuan testicles in a wheel-barrow?

Reactions: ManitouDan
Do you honestly not see the disconnect between your high-minded criticism about juvenile nicknames and the fact that your avatar is South Park style graphic of Aaron carrying around his gargantuan testicles in a wheel-barrow?

If you think UofLsucksville is in the same universe as commentary on Dakari's comments on Harrison testes in terms of comedy then there's no point in replying to you.

DUKE%20GAY1_zpsfnvmz7ak.jpg

We all hate Dook but they do have a great class. I wanted Kennard so bad but he is that prototypical dook white boy lmao.

If you think UofLsucksville is in the same universe as commentary on Dakari's comments on Harrison testes in terms of comedy then there's no point in replying to you.

You were talking down to us and I showed you are a hypocrite. That picture is the definition of juvenile humor. Nothing wrong with that, until you start looking down your noses at others doing the same thing.

You were talking down to us and I showed you are a hypocrite. That picture is the definition of juvenile humor. Nothing wrong with that, until you start looking down your noses at others doing the same thing.

Yeah, I guess you're right, I am a hypocrite, I'm once again responding to your all-too-often worthless posts after saying it was meaningless to do so. Way to prove me correct. Commenting on 7-year-old humor differentiating itself from "juvenile humor" is obviously lost on a mental giant such as yourself.

Yeah, I guess you're right, I am a hypocrite, I'm once again responding to your all-too-often worthless posts after saying it was meaningless to do so. Way to prove me correct. Commenting on 7-year-old humor differentiating itself from "juvenile humor" is obviously lost on a mental giant such as yourself.

Personally -- and I'm not trying to insert myself into any feud, whether real or supposed -- I aspire to 7-year old humor, but that's just me. TMFS y'all.

ADVERTISEMENT