ADVERTISEMENT

Three four stars in one day

There is no doubt that getting these early commitments is great but it is a long time until signing day in Feb 2017. That is a lifetime for a teenager so the coaching staff will have its work cut out for it hanging on to these kids for that extended period. Heck it is a long time until Feb 2016 to sign this years recruits.

It is better to have the commitments than to not have them but keeping them will be a chore. UK having a good season would certainly help.

I liked the comments by the Ohio kids. It seems that Stoops efforts to make near Ohio UK home turf is bearing some fruit.

Meyer recruiting nationally was perfect timing for stoops hiring. Have we ever had more than 1 top 20 Ohio kid before stoops got here?

I didn't expect this quality and quantity of commitments for 2017 until after the season started, and even then only on the premise that we had some early success. Long way to go to NSD 2017 but this is a great feeling.

A strong start to the 2015 season will seal the deal with the 2016 class and attract even more top talent from the 2017 class. It's a HUGE if, but I think we may be on the verge of something huge.

GBB!!!

Please don't forget how many we lost around signing day last year. That is a lifetime away and very hard to keep these kids committed for that long. It's amazing that we are getting high level recruits to commit.

Exciting times. Just hold onto them. We win games this year and that seems more likely, IMO. Just have to start up some momentum on the field like we have in recruiting. Go to a Bowl.

Please don't forget how many we lost around signing day last year. That is a lifetime away and very hard to keep these kids committed for that long. It's amazing that we are getting high level recruits to commit.
The recruits we lost were from a class that did not have a leader who kept the group close and together. Then a disappointing end to the season provided an opportunity for negative recruiting from staffs with poor ethics and nothing to sell about themselves.

the 16 class has leaders keeping all commits close, building strong friendships and bonds. Sounds like Yeast & Jones are stepping forward to be those kinds of leaders for the 17 class. And with our rebuilding well underway I don't expect disappointing endings to seasons this year or next that rival staffs can negative recruit against.

enjoy the precious present and dont live in the miserable past.

Still can't believe that football hasn't put an early signing period in place. I realize this wouldn't help with the 17s but at least we could lock the 16s up. It has to drive up and coming programs crazy.

I am excited and I am going to stay optimistic. I know you have some that flip but these three seem to be a package deal and bond together. I think that gets them to Lexington.

Still can't believe that football hasn't put an early signing period in place.
superpower schools are and will fight like hell against an early signing period. doesnt benefit them, they like late signing day so that if recruits don't go their way they can "dip down" to lesser schools and grab their Plan B, C, D. if those kids have signed in december then the superpower schools (who often battle till the end for the same elite of the elite recruits) will have no alternatives to fill their classes & rosters.

If you follow this stuff, the CFB media & bloggers on twitter thought a signing day for 2015 was a done deal. then at the last minute the powers threw a monkey wrench into the works and it got delayed. they will do it again next year to prevent the plan that they think hurts them and helps lesser non-superpower programs like ours.

This is a great start. We go bowling this year, and not only will these guys stay, but they will be joined by other 4* and at least 1 5* recruits.

What the deal with rival they have them as 3 stars?
Quite a big discrepancy in the evaluations. Probably means that these kids have been to the 247 camps but not the Rivals camps. 247 had Elam as a 5 star...Rivals had him as a 3 star.
Who knows? 2017 is a long time away.

As of right now Rivals has 8 OH kids in 2017 ranked 4-star or higher, 247 has 12, and 247 composite has 14.

Yeast is 3-star and #19 in the state here, 4-star and # 11 in the state on 247, and 3-star and #18 in the state on the composite.

Hudson is a 3-star and #9 in the state here, 4-star and #7 in the state on 247, and 3-star #15 in the state on the composite.

Warren is a 3-star and #22 in the state here, 4-star and #5 in the state on 247, and a 4-star #3 in the state on the composite.

As of right now Yeasts rankings seem somewhat consistent with 247 having a higher opinion of him, rivals and 247 seem to agree on Hudson with some other service(s) viewing him lower, and Rivals has the lowest opinion of Warren with other services ranking him higher.

It's definitely a lifetime away, but better to have your foot in the door than no chance. Amazing gets, and a portent of what's to come.

someone mentioned that warrens dad played at paducah tilghman... so not really an out of state commit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT