ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this weekend? Weather, etc

CockyCat3

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2021
Looks like it is pretty much going to start raining in Athens tonight and not stop until Sunday. What do y'all think they'll do with the games? I don't love how this is shaping up for us in general. EVERY OTHER SEC team other than us an Georgia are playing Thursday, Friday, Saturday series this weekend. Not sure why we were the only ones who are Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I don't think they are allowed to just make the games Thurs - Sat to try to beat the weather, and even if they were, I dont think UK will be in Athens in time to make that happen. Looks like Sunday the weather gets better, so it concerns me that it might look like a game Friday and then 2 on Sunday. Then we go play LSU in a Thursday, Friday, Saturday series. Not exactly a dream scenario that one might hope for. Could mean the way things could get jumbled up that Bosma gets pushed back a day to Sunday and then has to come back to start on Friday against the #1 team in the country? The other 2 starters would already be sliding up a full day to make Friday to Thursday or Sunday to Saturday starts. Or do they somehow work Martin back in this weekend or next and use that to buy some extra time for the starters. Like, maybe this weekend you do what you need to, and then next weekend, know that Martin could come in and start the friday game and slide bosma back to Saturday and give Lee the day off, or let Lee start Saturday and let Bosma be the one that comes in behind him vs LSU.

I'm really curious to see how this all plays out. And also at the same time a little frustrated that somehow we got stuck playing Fri, Sat, Sun the weekend before playing #1 on Thurs, Fri, Sat, while everyone else is playing a Thu series this weekend. I would have much rather have scheduled a short week coming off of Mizzou going into UGA then between UGA and LSU.

But, I guess we will see what this pitching depth does. I guess if games are constantly being delayed by rain and pitchers can't come back out after a long delay, maybe that may play into our favor with the pitching depth we have. Can we just get to the weekend already???

I see your point about the short week, and also we have UL on Tuesday night as well.

I know the Sunday game is on SEC network, so perhaps that's the reasoning (the league needed TV inventory) for keeping this game Fri / Sat / Sun.

I am not sure why we are Fri/Sat/Sun. I believe most teams play Thursday/Friday/Saturday so that they can observe Easter Sunday.

They've really gotta do whatever they can to get these games in this weekend against this Georgia.

But also SC/LSU had a lightning delay so Skenes just pitched 3IP.. 8Ks. So let's hope he's rusty next weekend instead of rested. 😀

I’m going to do some games at the baseball stadium.

They are too good for me to “curse” them with my presence!

Reactions: Crazycat68
There is 100% chance of rain Saturday and 3% Sunday. I would bet we have a doubleheader Sunday. Would they probably make it 7 innings in each game?

Yeah, it's looking a lot like 2 on Sunday, but man that puts us in a pinch for next weekend vs LSU. Gotta hope for rain to push things back a day there too! But I dont want to do that cause I'm going to LSU next weekend too!

Reactions: Crazycat68
Yep.... double header starting at noon tomorrow. And I was wrong... it is going to be two 7s. Ugh... that favors them, not us. We'll have to get ahead early.

Yep.... double header starting at noon tomorrow. And I was wrong... it is going to be two 7s. Ugh... that favors them, not us. We'll have to get ahead early.
Were did you see this? If have been checking ukathletics.com and georgiadogs.com and have seen nothing yet about the change. I also checked twitter. I figured it would come considering the weather forecast, and it will also mess up the Masters 100 miles east of there.

Were did you see this? If have been checking ukathletics.com and georgiadogs.com and have seen nothing yet about the change. I also checked twitter. I figured it would come considering the weather forecast, and it will also mess up the Masters 100 miles east of there.
I finally saw this: Schedule change . I wonder what the guys will do Saturday? Just relax in the hotel, or is there somewhere they can go and work out?

Team meeting in the morning, team lunch, practice at the indoor football facility, team dinner, and then the same stuff they'd normally do after a game. Hanging out with families at their hotels, etc.

Yeah, it's looking a lot like 2 on Sunday, but man that puts us in a pinch for next weekend vs LSU. Gotta hope for rain to push things back a day there too! But I dont want to do that cause I'm going to LSU next weekend too!
Bubba you were all over this early. Hope the boys can stay rested and healthy with the 6 games in 7 day schedule this coming week. Travis Smith needs to go deeper on Tuesday against L’s down. Gonna probably need the 2 Freshman that threw against Dayton to step up as well.

Hopefully the field will be dry. Their field is all natural so hopefully the drainage is up to par. Their facility is kind of embarrassing honestly. Probably the least impressive field of the SEC schools that I've been to.

^ I'm sorta amazed you or anyone has visited several/many SEC baseball parks. Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT