ADVERTISEMENT

This team has more losses coming

We could honestly lose 5 more SEC games with how awful our defense is. 97 points to Texas a&m is abysmal.
1) EVERY TEAM is going to lose some more games. Purdue, Arizona, everyone.
2) 97 includes OT, but still 89 in regulation is too many to them or anyone else.
3) part of the high score by our opponents is the pace of play we play at on offense gives the other team more possessions. Even with good defense we would see higher scoring by the Opp due to our offensive pace
4) TAMU shot out their ASS from 3. They made 12 3's, most of them contested. 26% on the season, they make 37.5% vs us. Taylor was 25% on the season goes 6-13.
5) I know it's home cooking, but refs bailed them out a few times on drives, calling the game a little tighter (not a lot) at that end of the court.
6) Offensive rebounds is what killed us. They had 25 of them. I know we had 17. but they were more effective finishing those off or getting to the line than we were.
7) Our best rebounder, our toughest most physical player, and best defender hasn't played in 2-3 weeks due to injury.
8) I'm not saying Bradshaw didn't commit those 4 fouls. But those were ticky-tack compared to how the rest of the game was called. Now maybe he wouldn't have made a difference, yeah he's 7' but he's also not strong. We REALLY NEEDED Theiro for this game!

Every team will man handle UK especially under the basket. Need to really work on physical interior defense and REBOUNDING. Missed shots will happen - need guys to grab the misses….they will get better. This team has tremendous upside and will be tournament tested by the end of February.
If I'm the opposing coach I absolutely hammer UK on the basket. There isn't anyone to stop them. And let Justin Edwards and Bradshaw play hero ball behind the arc. Loss everytime.

I say kiss my ass now.
I say kiss my ass now.
I say you aren’t looking at things to objectively and came to respond to be mad no matter what was said. 23-8 is a still a decent record, I don’t know how you can watch the defense displayed today and think they win many road games

Last edited:
I say you aren’t looking at things ta objectively and came to respond to be mad no matter what was said. 23-8 is a still a decent record, I don’t know how you can watch the defense displayed today and think they win many road games
Fair enough but we just one atough road game and this one was very winable.

It's hilarious that you decided to hop on the board today and chase posters around when you know how this place can get after a loss.

Instead of letting the board have it's weekly venting process after a tough loss, you represent one of the few who makes it your holy crusade to irrationally come here and try to correct other posters - just minutes after a tough loss.

You'll figure it all out someday, @Sejonesy . I still believe in you, buddy!
He's such a stultifying scold, isn't he.

Yes everybody else loses and we are going to lose more games
Excited Miley Cyrus GIF by The Voice

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
1) EVERY TEAM is going to lose some more games. Purdue, Arizona, everyone.
2) 97 includes OT, but still 89 in regulation is too many to them or anyone else.
3) part of the high score by our opponents is the pace of play we play at on offense gives the other team more possessions. Even with good defense we would see higher scoring by the Opp due to our offensive pace
4) TAMU shot out their ASS from 3. They made 12 3's, most of them contested. 26% on the season, they make 37.5% vs us. Taylor was 25% on the season goes 6-13.
5) I know it's home cooking, but refs bailed them out a few times on drives, calling the game a little tighter (not a lot) at that end of the court.
6) Offensive rebounds is what killed us. They had 25 of them. I know we had 17. but they were more effective finishing those off or getting to the line than we were.
7) Our best rebounder, our toughest most physical player, and best defender hasn't played in 2-3 weeks due to injury.
8) I'm not saying Bradshaw didn't commit those 4 fouls. But those were ticky-tack compared to how the rest of the game was called. Now maybe he wouldn't have made a difference, yeah he's 7' but he's also not strong. We REALLY NEEDED Theiro for this game!
Agree with every word.

And let Tre and DJ keep shooting. I’m seriously wondering if Tre will shoot 30% from 3 for the season. I’m almost certain DJ will not.
When the ball is moving well (as in the bigs being there for rebounding and rim protection ONLY), then Tre can get open looks. I don't think we'll see much more of that. Right now I think the weaknesses are a result of certain guys being afraid of getting injured, and Cal being willing to take close losses in exchange for showcasing guys in scenarios that don't let themselves to victory for the team.

Every team in America has more losses coming. Every single team.

We will be just fine.

When the ball is moving well (as in the bigs being there for rebounding and rim protection ONLY), then Tre can get open looks. I don't think we'll see much more of that. Right now I think the weaknesses are a result of certain guys being afraid of getting injured, and Cal being willing to take close losses in exchange for showcasing guys in scenarios that don't let themselves to victory for the team.
Showcasing guys? Some of you are hilarious. You think Cal would rather lose than play someone?

The first chance he got he took Dilly out during OT because he made a mistake. Where was Edwards as far as minutes?

What a joke.

Every team will man handle UK especially under the basket. Need to really work on physical interior defense and REBOUNDING. Missed shots will happen - need guys to grab the misses….they will get better. This team has tremendous upside and will be tournament tested by the end of February.
100%, I think we will be fine.

5 more SEC losses? Nah.

We're more likely to finish 15-3 than 12-6.

Personally I think we end up 14-4.
I predicted 16-2 with likely 15-3. I’m staying there.

We are very good. They played over their heads today. We played less than our best and it was overtime.

Guy are going to have to adjust to terrible SEC officials.

And they will. This game wasn’t called against us. It was just a poorly officiated game like every game in the SEC.

Young guys have to learn that we get everyone’s best shot.

We have to be 10 points better to win by 1.

Always been that way in the SEC.

I hate to lose any game. But we move on.

I predicted 16-2 with likely 15-3. I’m staying there.

We are very good. They played over their heads today. We played less than our best and it was overtime.

Guy are going to have to adjust to terrible SEC officials.

And they will. This game wasn’t called against us. It was just a poorly officiated game like every game in the SEC.

Young guys have to learn that we get everyone’s best shot.

We have to be 10 points better to win by 1.

Always been that way in the SEC.

I hate to lose any game. But we move on.

Wish I had your confidence. I think we lose @ Auburn, @ MSU, and @ UT, with probably 1/2 others mixed in. Our defense is very bad for a team hoping for that good of a conference record.

With all our supposed offensive weapons, we only scored 3 points in OT. So, what happened? Guys started tightening up or trying to be the hero. That's when your coach should call a set play to get something easy going toward the basket and/or fouled for two easy chances at the foul line. That's the mature way to respond to falling behind right out of the gate in OT.

This team's defensive problems are baffling. We have good speed on the perimeter so, we should be able to recover. Allowing a pathetic offense like TAMU's to score 97 points is very troubling.

Reactions: RunninRichie
We could honestly lose 5 more SEC games with how awful our defense is. 97 points to Texas a&m is abysmal.
This board doesn’t want to hear that. You will be called out by the sunshine pumpers. They lucked out a win against Florida. UT and Auburn are both superior. This team might get lucky and make a sweet 16 with a lucky draw but you can’t allow mediocre teams consistently score 80 plus and even 97 today. Defense wins championships.

Thiero would have made a big difference in this game in my opinion. It is a frustrating loss but not all that unexpected considering the circumstances. Also nobody knows how good Texas a&m may be. They were hot and cold last year and got hot at the end.

None of what happened today changes my opinion of this team. The biggest concern I have is the rebounding situation and logging too many minutes for Mitchell. The defense sort of is what it is and good luck to teams trying to do this to us by the end of the year on a neutral court.
Dillingham and Sheppard shined again. Wagner looked good. Just a misfortune at the end. Aggies were desperate. Bradshaw had no chance.

This board doesn’t want to hear that. You will be called out by the sunshine pumpers. They lucked out a win against Florida. UT and Auburn are both superior. This team might get lucky and make a sweet 16 with a lucky draw but you can’t allow mediocre teams consistently score 80 plus and even 97 today. Defense wins championships.
Tennessee isn’t great, they got lucky today that they won. Their offense is one guy and there defense is a gamble on refs and how they call contact

Fair enough but we just one atough road game and this one was very winable.
It was and they let two guys absolutely eviscerate them. Kentucky can’t guard anybody at all. Scar, Arkansas, and all these road games are against way better teams offensively than A&M. 92 points should be winning you the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT