ADVERTISEMENT

This mess isn’t Cal’s fault

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
I don’t blame Cal for being paid 10 million a year for average job performance. All of us would take that deal. It is totally on Barnhart who has allowed the crown jewel of KY (UK men’s basketball), along with women’s basketball and baseball to be a total joke. UK football is what it is we don’t have the tradition to ever be more than a secondary bowl team. Barnhart is the one who should be fired and then allow the new AD to clean house with coaches in basketball and baseball. It amazes me how most SEC schools are superior in baseball, women’s basketball and 4-5 have passed UK in basketball. How low do we have to go? Wasn’t worst season in our history and a first round bounce by St Peters enough? Maybe we need to self report violations like UT did so we can fire Cal without pay. Bottom line the athletic department at UK is a train wreck. As a proud Kentuckian living in Tn it is painful to watch.

In a perfect world, Brainfart and Slouch Cal would both be shit canned and we'd bring Peevy back and hire Casey as interim to right the ship before making the right hire going forward.

Averaging 1.3 NCAA Tourney wins since the 2015 skedaddle is off the F-ing chart pathetic.

IXoXp8r.png

More like the SEC finally took basketball seriously and UK doesn't have a cakewalk every year. Face it, SEC basketball was was the equivalent of ACC football. When you got 1 good team, it was easy to waltz over the weak competition. SEC used to be 1. Football 2. Baseball 3. Spring practice 4. Basketball

Now these teams won't just lay down and let UK win and they don't know how to take it.

Reactions: Juan4UK
More like the SEC finally took basketball seriously and UK doesn't have a cakewalk every year. Face it, SEC basketball was was the equivalent of ACC football. When you got 1 good team, it was easy to waltz over the weak competition. SEC used to be 1. Football 2. Baseball 3. Spring practice 4. Basketball

Now these teams won't just lay down and let UK win and they don't know how to take it.
I disagree. UK has come back to the pack.

Both of the dinosaur dillweeds need to be fired. The athletic dept and basketball program need some new blood badly.
Add football to that too. In the verge of losing Coen and Stoops had one foot out the door to A&M. Time to flush the ath dept.

Reactions: FltDoc
I disagree. UK has come back to the pack.
They can get good again, but theres not going to be much change. Football is different because the top teams are so far from the pack that its almost impossible to upset the established order.

The parity in basketball is different. You can fire Cal and hire whoever, it's not going to change anything. UK will continue being a good program. Only difference is they're in a good conference. So no more easy walks to the tournament time. No more playing against programs who put 0 money into their basketball. UK built their success on playing a conference that could care less about basketball.

Tell me you didn't watch the game last night without telling me you didn't watch the game last night. LOL

Reactions: catben
For context.....2013 is when Mike Slive announced the new initiate to turn SEC basketball from a joke to a perennial contender. Every university was told they must now start making massive investment in their respective basketball programs. As you can see, after this announcement...other than 2014/15 UK has struggled to find the success they once had. Thats strictly because the SEC has put money into the conference instead of just pocketing the football money.

LGnQN8n.jpeg

In a perfect world, Brainfart and Slouch Cal would both be shit canned and we'd bring Peevy back and hire Casey as interim to right the ship before making the right hire going forward.

Averaging 1.3 NCAA Tourney wins since the 2015 skedaddle is off the F-ing chart pathetic.

IXoXp8r.png
This would be like us hiring Mike Woodson. Casey is a good coach i’m sure of it. But he’s not going to be able to recruit and is way too old even for an interim role. We need someone to kick UK back to life. Because we are dead under Cal.

That's not the problem. These supposed good SEC teams want do anything in the NCAA tournament. Kentucky is just not to the same standards Kentucky used to be.

This would be like us hiring Mike Woodson. Casey is a good coach i’m sure of it. But he’s not going to be able to recruit and is way too old even for an interim role. We need someone to kick UK back to life. Because we are dead under Cal.
I was talking to finish out the year and then make the right hire, keeping Casey on as an advisor if things work out. But with the monster buyout BF has us saddled with, we may not be fiscally able to make the right hire even next year. An established coach is going to want a huge contract.

Bottom line, the sooner we remove the cancers that are Cal & Brainfart, the sooner we can start to recover.

Reactions: RunninRichie

I think spring practice should be #2. :)

They can get good again, but theres not going to be much change. Football is different because the top teams are so far from the pack that its almost impossible to upset the established order.

The parity in basketball is different. You can fire Cal and hire whoever, it's not going to change anything. UK will continue being a good program. Only difference is they're in a good conference. So no more easy walks to the tournament time. No more playing against programs who put 0 money into their basketball. UK built their success on playing a conference that could care less about basketball.
I don't agree. Parity is just an excuse. The SEC was strong before - we were just a lot stonger. People are just using that now to explain away our struggles and make us feel less bad about ourselves.

IXoXp8r.png
Even though I don't think Casey was guilty of anything, the NCAA would put on probation if we gave him a free ticket to a game.

LOL. Barnhart works cheap and he just got his contract extended until something like 2028 or 9. He isn't going anywhere unless there is a full on fan revolt

Considering that the posters on here can't even agree on who is at fault that isn't likely to happen either.

Reactions: FltDoc
Relax, there’s plenty of suckage blame to go around. I’m sure the contract was made in good faith that Cal would coach.

I don’t blame Cal for being paid 10 million a year for average job performance. All of us would take that deal. It is totally on Barnhart who has allowed the crown jewel of KY (UK men’s basketball), along with women’s basketball and baseball to be a total joke. UK football is what it is we don’t have the tradition to ever be more than a secondary bowl team. Barnhart is the one who should be fired and then allow the new AD to clean house with coaches in basketball and baseball. It amazes me how most SEC schools are superior in baseball, women’s basketball and 4-5 have passed UK in basketball. How low do we have to go? Wasn’t worst season in our history and a first round bounce by St Peters enough? Maybe we need to self report violations like UT did so we can fire Cal without pay. Bottom line the athletic department at UK is a train wreck. As a proud Kentuckian living in Tn it is painful to watch.
we won the regional in baseball last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT