ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Pinson - 2014 HoopHall

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
Theo Pinson - Wesleyan Christian School (High Point, NC) - Jan. 20; Committed to North Carolina; #19 ranked player in the 2014 class; Lost to Findlay College Prep (Henderson, NV) 73-43; 6'-6", 180 lbs, SF - 8-18 FG; 3-7 3-Pt; 4-4 FT; 23 Pts; 4 Reb; 2 PF; 3 A; 7 TO; 1 Stl; in 31 minutes. First, Wesleyan Christian was without the #1 Soph in the Country, Harry Giles, who is a 6'-8" 205 lbs PF that some compare to Durant. Giles, only 15 years old, tore his ACL, MCL, and meniscus this past July, so will not be playing again anytime soon. Without Giles, Wesleyan is just a one man team. I saw 2 versions of Pinson today. The first version played with a smile and confidence about him. Labeled as a SF, but I could see him as a SG and/or a PG. I wouldn't say he is the next Michael Jordan, but he certainly had some Jordanesque ability. When Pinson has the ball it is on a string. Great body control. Could not be stopped 1-on-1. Will, and can, shoot the 3. Used pick & roll well. Will dish off on his drives, but didn't get others involved enough. However, not sure I blame him because the "others" have no talent. The other version of Pinson was on display during the second half. Findlay Prep kept using different guys to guard him and double-teamed him and it definitely wore him down. Got too cute with some passes and started dribbling too much. Started playing playground, starting his moves almost from mid-court. Disappeared at times, probably from being so tired. At one point in the 2nd half Findlay had a 30-0 run. Where was Pinson? With a good supporting cast Theo will be a fun player to watch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT