ADVERTISEMENT

Theltus Cobbins, can he be the next Cobb?

Shamier Jeffery, Alshon's younger brother, has better potential to play at Cobb's level, but he will probably be at South Carolina next year. He is still uncommitted, though, and UK has been high on his list because of what Cobb has done here.

I would not get my hopes up on Cobbins just yet.

Not sure that he can be the next Cobb, but it would be pretty ironic if we have two guys that are that amazing and both have Cobb in their names.

4.82? Well, Cobb's not exactly known for his speed?

IMO, it depends what you mean by "can he be the next Cobb?" Are you thinking a guy that is a KR/PR, QB, WR, leader, and record setter? Or are you thinking of just a playmaker at WR and KR/PR? Because the odds are much more to the favor of the latter vs the former.

How does someone go from a 4.44 time to 4.82?

I mean, I get the whole "hand timed vs. electronically timed" thing, but that's ridiculous.

Originally posted by syrus12:
How does someone go from a 4.44 time to 4.82?

I mean, I get the whole "hand timed vs. electronically timed" thing, but that's ridiculous.
Depends on who or what is chasing him?

he could of slipped and messed his time up... its many different reasons. I know lots a people go big time on 40 speed but i like to see these guys put the pads on and run it. Very few can keep there speed but quite a bit lose it.

Reactions: 1stKatMan
Originally posted by Its Nunu:
Cobbins ran a 4.82 at a Scout combine.

He does not run a 4.82. I saw that on scout as well but thats simply not true. Most other sites have him in the 4.4 to 4.5 range and from watching his videos he seems to have some quickness. Guy is an athlete and could very well be used in the same manner as randall. He actually has some qb ability too, maybe more so than randall, but of course randall clearly trumps him in all other categories.

Yeah, he runs a 4.82 without pads.

He went to an actual Scout combine where they actually measured him and took his 40 time etc... Other sites just have a listing that his coach or somebody said he ran and those numbers are always inflated. His Rivals profile doesnt have an 'r' next to his measureables which means they arent official.

Hearing there are some doubts that Cobbins makes it to Lexington.

People get hung up on 40 times and they can be an indicator but they are not the be all, end all of stats. Not many times in football does anyone run 40 yards in a straight line. A guy can have a blazing 40 time like a John Logan or he can have a pedestrian 40 time but when they put on the pads they play fast. Give me the guy that plays fast every time.

Yeah, John Logan was a bust so we dont need to recruit speed anymore. Give me slow, fundamentally sound players over fast athletic ones any day of the week.

Maybe some academic issues, but also that there some other schools who employ a spread offense that would better suit his style are talking to him.

He has stated that he wanted to be a pass first QB.

Cobbins only played a few games this year. He had surgery to repair a torn labrum. I believe Moss had the same injury/surgery.

Originally posted by tdcat:
Cobbins only played a few games this year. He had surgery to repair a torn labrum. I believe Moss had the same injury/surgery.

And we've seen what that did to Mossakowski.

If Cobbins isn't willing to move to another position, will Joker pull the offer? Joker has shown he isn't afraid to do it.

I believe the kid from Alabama maybe, Davin Hawkins last year, had a bad shoulder injury. Kentucky pulled his offer. Not sure how similar these situations are though.

Originally posted by Robcatt24:
Originally posted by tdcat:

And we've seen what that did to Mossakowski.

If Cobbins isn't willing to move to another position, will Joker pull the offer? Joker has shown he isn't afraid to do it.

I believe the kid from Alabama maybe, Davin Hawkins last year, had a bad shoulder injury. Kentucky pulled his offer. Not sure how similar these situations are though.

If cobbins wants to play QB in college he will be going to Louisiana-Lafayette.

As for the 4.82 40, still not true. We have O-lineman that run that fast. If you have seen him play, you know that he has speed.

Originally posted by Its Nunu:
Yeah, John Logan was a bust so we dont need to recruit speed anymore. Give me slow, fundamentally sound players over fast athletic ones any day of the week.

Signed Pitt OL coach.

Does anyone know for sure if Cobbins had shoulder surgery? We must have the world's record for signing lame/inj. QB's. First there was Joe Joe Brown, then the South Carolina guy that switched to safety got his throwing elbo inj. in a all star game, followed by Moss. That is signing 3 injured QB's in 4 years, if Cobbins has a shoulder injury then it will be signing 4 injured QB's in 6 years? Do I sense desperation here? Morgan Newton bless his heart isn't the answer, the boy can't throw, isn't quick enough to run. If he is ever successful it will because he pulls a Joe Kapp? Test your age on this one! lol

Yup he had surgury on his throwing shoulder. only concilation is it wasnt as serious as Mossakowski, supposed to be heeled in a few months. And Michigan & Rich Rodriguez werent scared off enough, they offered him a scholarship last month. Finally I doubt he sticks at QB at UK anyway.

I remember Joe Kapp, touch SOB, played for Minnesota when they made their first Super Bowl run in 70. Took one of the biggest hits of a Super Bowl when Aaron Brown of Kansas City just destroyed him and his shoulder. If Newton displays that type of toughness and winning spirit, and puts up the numbers that Kapp put up that year, we will be in business.

I'm not sure Cobbins would be a good fit in Dawson's offense.

ADVERTISEMENT