ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

An update for any who are willing to listen:

-Ukraine cannot win (drive Russia off of Ukrainian soil) without western troops.
-We are borrowing money and then lighting it on fire and your children are already poorer for it.
-The window to sue for peace was very early on but the American government and industry would not have it.
-This was all caused by reckless expansion of NATO with no real thought of consequences.
-This war has weakened our strategic position, not improved it. Russia’s military has somehow gotten stronger.

Most of this was predicted when it began and none of it required consulting Nostradamus.
Why do you keep parroting that russian talking point? When it's just so false

MA

Never happened it was all a dream...

You probably believed they were all helping cats out of trees too. I posted that ridiculous pic in this thread months ago.

Even if they did push that far, they withdrew on their own. Ukraine couldn't repel them by use of force.

That story just doesn't add up.

Reactions: SDC888
You probably believed they were all helping cats out of trees too. I posted that ridiculous pic in this thread months ago.

Even if they did push that far, they withdrew on their own. Ukraine couldn't repel them by use of force.

That story just doesn't add up.
Wow. Do you know how incompotent the russian millitary was during the first year of invasion? I guess the VDV also ''withdrew'' from Hostomel airport too? Right? You can still find pics of their bodies laying on their burnt BMD's and laying face down in the rain on google. Someone should've sent them the memo Boris Johnson said retreat.

Wow. Do you know how incompotent the russian millitary was during the first year of invasion? I guess the VDV also ''withdrew'' from Hostomel airport too? Right? You can still find pics of their bodies laying on their burnt BMD's and laying face down in the rain on google. Someone should've sent them the memo Boris Johnson said retreat.

If they failed because they were so incompetent how'd they get that far?

Better yet - why do they need our help? Someone this incompetent clearly isnt the global threat we're told.

Just like above, the arguments fall apart because it never happened. At least not like that.

Better yet - why do they need our help? Someone this incompetent clearly isnt the global threat we're told.

Just like above, the arguments fall apart because it never happened. At least not like that.
The ukraine millitary wasn't prepared for the invasion. They blitzed across eastern Ukraine to Kyiv where most of Ukraine's millitary was at. And got pushed back. Then the offensive later on in the year pushed them further back. I don't know why everything has to be black and white. Russia can be incompotent, while also having more men and armored vehicles, artillery, etc than Ukraine. Which is why they need help with ammo, armored vehicles, and long range missles.

I always love when the argument inevitably gets here. Putin didnt take over Ukraine because he's stupid. But he's also simultaneously an evil super villain who must be stopped before he achieves world domination.
I should have written his generals' incompetence that he didn't know about rather than his personal incompetence. Which leader doesn't know how stupid his underlings are? I'll start with Lincoln.

The regurgitated "arguments" presented here to justify the war are so obtuse and profoundly ignorant of the regio, who these people are and what actually motivates them, that for me as a European they strain credulity, but fully explain how these narratives are crafted so effectively to manufacture consetn for a completely unnecessary war that serves no one's interests except those who can profit from it.

The only rational reason for the war is that we must stop him there before we are forced to stop elsewhere, which is an argument that can only convince the ignorant, the low-information person or the willfully ignorant. It is this war's version of Iraq's phantom WMDs and "we must fight them there, or we'll have to fight them here," when o fcourse the intelligence community understood full well there were no WMDs and invading Iraq created more terrorism than it ever stopped.

Same here: rinse, repeat. The MIC knows full well why this war is actually being fought, which bears no semblance to the "reality" they've concocted through narrative.

4/21/24 and another $60 billion has been flushed down the toilet, with $0 for our own border. Absolute betrayal.

Make your bets now: how long before the next massive handover of money stolen from your grandchildren? I would guess that within 4 months they will be calling for another similar amount for Ukraine.

Reactions: SDC888
Yes. Repelled by the ghost of kyiv and all the soldiers who also rescued cats from trees along he way.

I don't know how far Russia went. But I do know Ukraine definitely did not, and at the time could not, repel them by use of force.
Multiple reports that when the negotiations started in Turkey that Russia pulled out of the Kyiv area as a good faith gesture. Boris Johnson came in and blew up negotiations. Then Ukraine attacked while Russia thought they were negotiating a peace deal. It's the reason Russia just doesn't trust us at all and they are going to take territory now instead of just making sure people in Donbas weren't being killed for speaking Russian.

4/21/24 and another $60 billion has been flushed down the toilet, with $0 for our own border. Absolute betrayal.

Make your bets now: how long before the next massive handover of money stolen from your grandchildren? I would guess that within 4 months they will be calling for another similar amount for Ukraine.

I’d imagine we’ll see a blowout spending bill to fund the Ukrainian grift for another decade after the elections. If Trump wins, they may just pass a law to give Zelensky control of the Federal Reserve.

Average age of a Ukrianian soldier is like 42.

Looks like they've run out of poors. Now, it's on to the middle class who had enough money to escape; the rich? They're fine, can pay the bribes. If they';re not directly profiting already.

^ Now there's rinse & repeat for ya. Same ole head in the sand.

In fairness - we've all seen the BS manipulation of media & facts to justify US military intervention repeatedly since 9/11

IMO its in the best interests of regular citizens to maintain some healthy skepticism when all media start beating the war drums -- esp when they have an amazingly unified and clear-cut narrative going w/accompanying condemnation for doubters

And even if we don't adopt the cynical filter - hopefully ppl pause to consider the diminishing capacity and reputation of our military incursions

i hate that a lot of good ppl suddenly believed THIS conflict was right, well and good for US involvement

Russia has begun its spring conscription campaign, forcibly enlisting Ukrainians from the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhya Oblast, Zaporizhzhya Oblast governor, Ivan Fedorov, reported on Telegram on April 25.

This move follows a decree from Russian President Vladimir Putin mandating the conscription of youth within Russia, with the occupied Ukrainian territories receiving no exemption.

Yevhen Balytskyi, the Moscow-appointed 'leader' of Zaporizhzhya Oblast, initiated the creation of "enlistment offices" in mid-April to facilitate this process. "Involving residents from occupied territories for service in the occupying country's army is a violation of international law," stated Fedorov, highlighting the legal breaches involved.

Russian authorities previously claimed they would not conscript draftees from the occupied territories for at least five years.

Another blow for the just settle with Russia, they'll agree totally crowd.

No one in the world of international politics or military intelligence thinks Russia will do anything other than use a pause to arm up and go again.

The world basically gave them Crimea and eastern Ukraine without a fight in 2014 (thanks Obama) and it lead directly to Russian "modernization" and the 2022 invasion.

Should have stopped Putin then. Finally have a platform to stop him now.

Last edited:
The paradigm has shifted to where moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats have more in common with each other than they do with the non-moderates in their respective parties, who are both more focused on waging culture battles than running government.

We have had the same two political parties for quite a while, now... 5 times in our country's past a third party has emerged and replaced one of the existing two... that hasn't happened in almost 150 years... maybe it is time.

Reactions: vhcat70
In fairness - we've all seen the BS manipulation of media & facts to justify US military intervention repeatedly since 9/11

IMO its in the best interests of regular citizens to maintain some healthy skepticism when all media start beating the war drums -- esp when they have an amazingly unified and clear-cut narrative going w/accompanying condemnation for doubters

And even if we don't adopt the cynical filter - hopefully ppl pause to consider the diminishing capacity and reputation of our military incursions

i hate that a lot of good ppl suddenly believed THIS conflict was right, well and good for US involvement
Nothing wrong with being skeptical. Pretending you know the total truth of the matter is the problem.

• Haha
Reactions: cat_chaser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT