ADVERTISEMENT

The new voice actors for Rick and Morty

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Maybe people who are more immersed in the show than I am can hear a difference in Roiland's voices and the new voices, but I can't. The identities of the new actors haven't been revealed yet, but they sound so spot-on to me that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they're completely computer-generated. :p

Roiland's voices:

The new voices:

Yeah I can't really tell the difference. There were a few times in that season 7 trailer that Rick and Marty sounded less lole themselves, which makes me wonder if they are using previously recorded stuff before Roiland was fired, therefore being sneaky with how the season will REALLY sound.

.. also the Roiland stuff is kind of odd. For starters the charges for domestic violence got dropped. And then there's nearly a dozen people accusing him of sexual abuse.. some of them were not good, such as him being pushy on a few occasions for oral sex (and some of those he apologized to the women directly)..

But others are bizzare.. pressuring 20 year olds to drink alcohol.. some girl, who was 16 and never met Roiland, but exchanged some messages with him, told Roiland she wanted to be a video game streamer. In response, he wrote, “I bet you’d do good. Then once you turn 18 you just start cam whoring.”

I'm just not sure there's a crime in there.. maybe low-key hilarious internet bullying haha? Idk, there's some problematic behavior here and a few occasions that appear to be actual cases of sexual assault.. but to completely scrub Roiland from R&M before any of thise was investigated?

Just never change these two!!

200w.gif

I'm just not sure there's a crime in there.. maybe low-key hilarious internet bullying haha? Idk, there's some problematic behavior here and a few occasions that appear to be actual cases of sexual assault.. but to completely scrub Roiland from R&M before any of thise was investigated?

It seems to me like his inappropriate treatment of women was just the straw that broke the camel's back. According to this THR article that interviews a bunch of primary sources, he's been a major asshat to work with since day one, mistreating employees and only ever jacking around at work when he bothered to show up at all.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...n-empire-implosion-rick-and-morty-1235319366/

Reactions: GeraldV
It seems to me like his inappropriate treatment of women was just the straw that broke the camel's back. According to this THR article that interviews a bunch of primary sources, he's been a major asshat to work with since day one, mistreating employees and only ever jacking around at work when he bothered to show up at all.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...n-empire-implosion-rick-and-morty-1235319366/

Yeah it does seem that way. And I of course don't condone sexual assault. Just found some of these other allegations to be a little odd.

I mean, you see worse things said on the Paddock almost daily lolol.

Reactions: J_Dee
Rick and Morty season seven's been really hit or miss for me. Episode two's OK, and episodes four and five are awesome, but the rest are pretty meh. I think that the new voices are seamless though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT